Texas Fishing Forum

Question about Caddo

Posted By: Mark Perry

Question about Caddo - 01/02/20 10:12 PM

Never been this time of year, thinking of going in the next week or so. Is it usually worth a trip there in early January? Thanks
Posted By: River Rocket

Re: Question about Caddo - 01/03/20 12:12 AM

I was on Caddo Sunday. We caught fish, but didn’t light it on fire. May go tomorrow as well. The main lake was blocked off pretty good from the river. We were boating Sandlin on Monday and didn’t want to run in Silvania we didn’t go out too far after the ditch.

Posted By: 361V

Re: Question about Caddo - 01/03/20 01:06 AM

Looks muddy.
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Question about Caddo - 01/03/20 01:38 AM

Nice Ride !
Love the sound of that R motor..
Posted By: andy52887

Re: Question about Caddo - 01/03/20 01:42 AM

Caddo is in good shape right now. Yes there is some salvania mats but wind determines how bad it is and where. Main lake has been super clear almost to clear for my liking. Lots of grass but it’s either to thick or to shallow in most spots. It’s always worth the trip in my opinion but I also live 10 mins away lol. This rain should only help the fishing.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Question about Caddo - 01/03/20 03:54 AM

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the replies.
Posted By: NELA Bassguy

Re: Question about Caddo - 01/03/20 03:19 PM

Not to HiJack the thread, but how does Big Cypress fish this time of year? I went about a month ago for White Perch and caught a few unders on minnows. I was thinking about trying the bass next week.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Question about Caddo - 01/03/20 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by NELA Bassguy
Not to HiJack the thread, but how does Big Cypress fish this time of year? I went about a month ago for White Perch and caught a few unders on minnows. I was thinking about trying the bass next week.

Bunch small fish usually. With all this rain it’s probabky gonna muddy it up some. U can usually catch them though. But u have battle 30 other boats usually bass fishing
Posted By: NELA Bassguy

Re: Question about Caddo - 01/03/20 04:51 PM

I usually go on Thursdays and Friday mornings to avoid the herds. I went on a Saturday during the summer and swore I would never do that again. I was bouncing up and down like bobber from all the boat wake.
Posted By: Gungle

Re: Question about Caddo - 01/04/20 04:43 PM

Nice video! I love just boat riding around that lake!
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Question about Caddo - 01/04/20 08:31 PM

Pick a warmish evening and go fish Sandlin docks with lights after dark....you're welcome
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum