Texas Fishing Forum

Speed Record Failed Attempt!

Posted By: 361V

Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 12:27 PM

Enjoy: https://youtu.be/2eeyG2WUS5Y
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 01:34 PM

Wow! I have a need for speed, but not quite that fast. Those are some lucky dudes....
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 02:08 PM

Glad he admitted it was his mistake that caused it. Their offspring will probably eat Tide pods too.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 03:00 PM

an this is why before long there will be speed limits on public water because at those speeds you are not in control of a boat.
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 03:09 PM

My Phoenix at 70s is scary enough for me!! Wow!!!
Posted By: DarrellSimpson

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 03:58 PM

I'm from Washington state and all the lakes have speed limits , It really sucks .
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 04:04 PM

Failed attempt at a Darwin Award. Trying to improve the gene pool by removing your self from it.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 04:46 PM

I imagine that all of the "Blue" states have some kind of speed limits as well as other restrictive rules. Like horsepower, certain fish you cannot catch during the spawn, and life vest requirements.

Oh yeah we now have a kill switch rule.

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 04:49 PM

Heck guys at my age now I’m a lot more boring than I used to be but guessing some of y’all never took anything resembling a risk in your lives ie: never did anything that remotely resembled danger(fun) based on some responses here. Some almost sound like you are offended by their attempt. Honestly though if you don’t get it.....well, you just don’t/won’t get it. Didn’t look too risky to anyone but them. Cool video and ya they are lucky only the boat was tore up! sleep laugh
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by 361V
Heck guys at my age now I’m a lot more boring than I used to be but guessing some of y’all never took anything resembling a risk in your lives ie: never did anything that remotely resembled danger(fun) based on some responses here. Some almost sound like you are offended by their attempt. Honestly though if you don’t get it.....well, you just don’t/won’t get it. Didn’t look too risky to anyone but them. Cool video and ya they are lucky only the boat was tore up! sleep laugh

Calculated risk with safety measures in place is one thing. He admitted that the failure could have been prevented.
Posted By: skeeterbugzx300

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 04:53 PM

that is crazy. I will stick with my slow skeeter I class.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by 361V

Exactly!

I would be willing to bet every dollar I have that most of you guys out there with 150 HP on up have pushed your boats right to the maximum limits a time or three. If you are not interested in speed & performance why waste your money on a big V6 or even a V8 outboard for your 'fishing boat'?

Do we really need to go 70 mph to catch a bass or is it more about the thrill of blasting across the lake on the pad, roostertail flying that gives us a little extra exhilaration to our fishing day. I will admit that some days the best part of my day was flying down the lake at Mach 7 passing all the cookie cutter boats in my Allison or Bullet.

Ask Sinkey how it feels to be WOT Balls to the wall at 70 and have another boat pass you like you're tied to a stump. grin

For all you guys judging the guys in the 102 mph boat I suggest you look in the mirror and ask yourself if maybe there was something you have done in your life that someone else might have considered stupid at one point. wink

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 06:37 PM

For those of you that do enjoy a little speed on the water, this is a friend of mine in his 20' Allison race boat with a Merc 350 Drag SS outboard playing on the river. This race class does 5 mph to 120 in a shade over 9 seconds. BTW, that gauge in the center of the dash is a tach. Yes, it is hitting 10,000 RPMs. Not for the faint of heart.

Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 06:37 PM

I have a boat that will run, I doubt i will ever see anything above maybe 90, grin

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Happykamper
I have a boat that will run, I doubt i will ever see anything above maybe 90, grin

If you ever let me drive that thing and you're sitting in the passenger seat we'll see about that.... wink
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
For those of you that do enjoy a little speed on the water, this is a friend of mine in his 20' Allison race boat with a Merc 350 Drag SS outboard playing on the river. This race class does 5 mph to 120 in a shade over 9 seconds. BTW, that gauge in the center of the dash is a tach. Yes, it is hitting 10,000 RPMs. Not for the faint of heart.

Dayum now that's a hole shot, you gotta drive that thing.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 11:07 PM

A lot of silly responses on here. Nothing wrong with liking to go fast
Posted By: Fish2222

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/01/20 11:39 PM

I consider myself very fortunate to be able to go fast on the water.....heck it's flat out thrilling to do so. I've never had my boat above 63.5 mph (I'm still a bit of a rookie).....and I tell ya, that's fast.
Live and let live.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 12:23 AM

I've been in the triple digits a bunch of times years ago when I was younger. One day I slung a blade just cruising along around 75. Lost the bug after that.
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 12:26 AM

I don't know anything about going fast in a boat !! angel2
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 01:30 AM

At the end of the video it looks like he is checking to see if the wee one is still there.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ken A.

I like the indonesian kid with the tiller motor

Posted By: SC-001

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 02:37 AM

or this one roflmao
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee

I agree. How many cars do think have been destroyed trying to set the record on a 1/4 mile drag strip?
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 03:15 AM

Pucker factor:ENGAGED eek2

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin
Originally Posted by Dubee

I agree. How many cars do think have been destroyed trying to set the record on a 1/4 mile drag strip?

I know a guy really well that totalled out a brand new Z06 Corvette with 340 miles on it at the drag strip ugh
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 03:36 AM

Dumb MF’s serves em right
Posted By: Stroker XS

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 04:25 AM

If I had to guess I would say he went a little to high on the jack plate.

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Stroker XS

Yep, lifted the prop a hair too high and Bam! Blowout & hang on for the ride. James Biggs are you reading this?
Posted By: Ranger 188

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 05:54 AM

400hp motor with a 55lbs trolling motor. Did I read that right?
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 12:01 PM

I like fast boats and I dont know why.
Posted By: andy52887

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by 4Weight
Dumb MF’s serves em right

So doing something you don’t agree with makes them a dumb MF?
Posted By: doctorb

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 01:36 PM

Personally I think trying that is just plain stupid and asking for trouble, which they got. The only mistake that he didn't admit is that it was a bad idea to begin with.

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 01:55 PM

That’s greatness!!!! There are guys in third world countries without any GPS available that have more understanding of the excitement to live life on a bit of the edge occasionally than some guys here on the TFF who’s excitement consist of flipping the recliner up fast and then bad mouth others for having a little fun that only puts themselves at risk! laugh
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 01:56 PM

Is this a repost? Before I watch the video at work roflmao

Re: Speed Record Failed Attempt! - 01/02/20 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Stroker XS
Pretty sure that’s what the OP (boat driver) is talking about when he speaks of “mistakes made”. Who hasn’t done this? Doesn’t feel very good in a Ranger 521 tank in mid 70’s. Can’t imagine what it feels like over 100!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum