Texas Fishing Forum

How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks?

Posted By: Coolarrow

How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/01/20 12:37 AM

Well Happy New Year!! Just wondering how’s everyone been doing out there fishing the last couple weeks. I’ve been off work and spent a lot of time on the water. Seen lots of folks out so I figure somebody is smacking them. It’s been tough the last couple weeks for me. Was on good fish and they just ain’t biting now. Still catching a few but nothing over 4 lbs. This cool weather and rain killed my shallow bite. Well 8’ and less. I call that shallow.
Anyway just wondering how everyone is doing out there. And I’m on Sam Rayburn.. above the 147.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/01/20 01:00 AM

A-rig caught me a couple over the weekend, but it was very slow. Wore my arm out throwing Arig and jerkbait all day. Nothing on the jerkbait.
Posted By: Pitdad

Re: How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/01/20 01:16 AM

Last week I caught some small fish on carolina rigged flukes. It was slow fishing.
Posted By: Greg W

Re: How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/01/20 01:20 AM

Got blanked in 2 hours for the first time in a long time. Guy at the dock had a basket full of crappie. Maybe I'll just nap some crappie tomorrow afternoon for the grill.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/01/20 01:25 AM

Been catching them pretty good at night, but then I wake up and remember that my boat's in the shop getting the motor rebuilt. hammer
Posted By: Rog

Re: How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/01/20 02:06 AM

Jigs on creek bends. Not big numbers but nice size 6-8 lbs. Can’t seem to be able to buy a bite on anything else. Only other bite was ripping a chatterbait off the bottom in stumps.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/01/20 02:37 AM

They are biting. Couple of days of fishing had around 50. What does this say about my partners Thumb? The others are our larger fish. All caught out of 3 different lakes. All caught on irregular contour hot spots.
[Linked Image]

6.5 Crig fish on a Baby Brush Hog.
[Linked Image]

6.7 Crig fish on a Lizard
[Linked Image]

4.8 and 5.7 Spinner Bait Fish.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

4.0 and 5.3
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: senko9S

Re: How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/01/20 02:49 AM

shallow swimbait
Posted By: lconn4

Re: How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/01/20 03:16 AM

Sunday at Murvaul caught em biting good on spinner baits, 2 feet of water. Water temps 59

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: nb_one

Re: How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/01/20 04:42 AM

Maybe I need to move North of 147. Launched at Powell Park and only had a few bites on plastics at Rayburn Point area.
Posted By: buda13

Re: How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/01/20 11:56 AM

Cranks, jerkbait, and Shindou. Jig is also always on the deck, they just haven’t been biting it as good as the other baits for me so far this winter.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/01/20 03:50 PM

Nice fish Mr. Harper!

Re: How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/01/20 08:53 PM

Real nice fish!!! I got back on some fish today. Not like Mr. Harper! Lol
Posted By: 361V

Re: How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/01/20 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by lconn4
Sunday at Murvaul
[Linked Image]
This pic of Murvaul right now?
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/02/20 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
Nice fish Mr. Harper!

South of the border ----.. Down Mexico way ……. slinger
Posted By: the skipper

Re: How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/02/20 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Coolarrow

On rayburn, when it warms up like it has been the fish will really spread out. I saw a few cruising the banks already. The cold will group them back up in the ditches and drains

Re: How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/02/20 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by the skipper
Originally Posted by Coolarrow

On rayburn, when it warms up like it has been the fish will really spread out. I saw a few cruising the banks already. The cold will group them back up in the ditches and drains

Once the sun shines I can get on them good. Backed out today and fished a couple old creeks with a C rig and a jig and did good. Yesterday not a bite.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: How’s everyone been catching them the last couple weeks? - 01/02/20 02:54 AM

Last weekend I was catching them in the dirt on swim jigs and buzz baits. Literally no deeper than a foot. Had 75 probably in 2 days. Bites gone now with this colder weather
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum