Texas Fishing Forum

TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00"

Posted By: Jersey Dan

TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/23/19 07:54 PM

Following the "10.00" trend... all lake records state wide have now been
modified and rounded to the nearest pound. This sport continues to get more and more watered down. Things should get really interesting when claiming a new lake record.

Attached picture Screenshot_20191223-134447_Chrome.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot_20191223-135416_Chrome.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot_20191223-135910_Chrome.jpg
Posted By: Walls

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/23/19 08:00 PM

Why in the world would that need to be done? Makes no sense.
Posted By: krthomas2

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/23/19 08:05 PM

I think they are having trouble with their software. I had turned in a record for one of my high school kids and it took a while for it to show up after they told me the website had been updated. Once it did show up on the website, it was rounded off to 10.00, I figured it may have just been on that lake, but evidently it's their whole system giving them trouble.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/23/19 08:10 PM

Database error, doh [Linked Image]
Posted By: Barrett

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/23/19 08:12 PM

The entire system is a joke. Even when offered on this typical mean mouth, spotted bass small mouth debate they won’t even take em now even when offered.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/23/19 08:14 PM

Can we do the same on slot lakes now
Posted By: Alan

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/23/19 10:42 PM

I heard that the new group doing the weekly fishing reports are out of Oklahoma
Posted By: Deude_Mann

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/23/19 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by bradnitro175

roflmao
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/23/19 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Deude_Mann

roflmao

I needed that rule change last Saturday. Damn 20-7/8” bass.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/24/19 11:44 AM

cmon spring.... too much drama here lately.
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/24/19 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Alan

The reports are compiled by Cool Brand Media DALLAS, TEXAS
Posted By: Chris B

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/24/19 10:33 PM

Yep, just round them off on Fork now. 23 1/2 or 24, it's all good.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/24/19 10:53 PM

so what if you 'break' the lake record fishing with your buddy and a Saturday afternoon, nobody cares.

fish
` hooked
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/24/19 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by BillS2006

Cool Brand Media is a company that was started about a month before the fishing report contract came up for renewal last August. The company is one lady who has little to no real fishing knowledge. She is using a guy with limited fishing knowledge who lives in Missouri to write/compile the TEXAS fishing reports.

It seems to me that there is no one left in the TPWD Communications Department who has expertise in fishing. If there were, I don't believe they would be publishing these reports. I guess the folks reviewing the reports don't have the knowledge to see how rediculous they are and how many mistakes are published every week.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/24/19 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson

Cool Brand Media is a company that was started about a month before the fishing report contract came up for renewal last August. The company is one lady who has little to no real fishing knowledge. She is using a guy with limited fishing knowledge who lives in Missouri to write/compile the TEXAS fishing reports.

It seems to me that there is no one left in the TPWD Communications Department who has expertise in fishing. If there were, I don't believe they would be publishing these reports. I guess the folks reviewing the reports don't have the knowledge to see how rediculous they are and how many mistakes are published every week.

That’s truly great!
clap

Our tax payer and Texas Parks and Wildlife fee money at work!

WTG.

For the record, I have never read a “fishing report”..but it still kinda burns my [censored] knowing I am helping fund a program that is a complete sham. Also, knowing it is Texas Government approved, kinda sends a bad message.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/24/19 11:15 PM

We had a 4 man team and were understaffed producing the reports. My guys all had extensive fishing knowledge, lived in the regions they covered and were writers. Now you have one guy producing the reports who has limited fishing knowledge, limited technical writing skills and doesn't even live in Texas.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/24/19 11:55 PM

They are having soft ware problems. According to Ron Smith of the Texas Parks&Wildlife Dept, Angler Recognition Program he stated they hope to have the problem solved soon. thumb
Posted By: CCTX

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/25/19 01:17 PM

Did Jerry Jones buy TPWD?
Posted By: Chris G

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/25/19 06:27 PM

We had a 4 man team and were understaffed producing the reports. My guys all had extensive fishing knowledge, lived in the regions they covered and were writers. Now you have one guy producing the reports who has limited fishing knowledge, limited technical writing skills and doesn't even live in Texas.

Did they award this "company" a long term contract? I've got some pretty good very high up contacts at TPWD. Maybe I could make a call or two.
Posted By: NickHasty

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/25/19 08:52 PM

Really strange. Doesn't seem very challenging to maintain a website with accurate lake and state records.

As for the reports, it seems like local guides would want to be offering up intel or writing reports for the lakes they guide on. I would think it would help those guides with business as well...
Posted By: Cameron

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/25/19 11:50 PM

That explains a lot. I noticed some weird stuff lately lol. Lines like "Crappie are good on live minnows looking for submerged structure."
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/26/19 01:04 AM

Bass were good on topwater at several lakes recently. Really? I never caught a bass on topwater in winter. But I might be missing something.

Its nothing new though. NDOW (Nevada Division Of Wildlife) has posted the same reports for years...week after week.

Including that "Bass and Bluegill are good on worms" in a local city lake that had been drained and had no water in it at all for years.

Just the continuation of mediocrity being accepted.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/26/19 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Chris G

Did they award this "company" a long term contract? I've got some pretty good very high up contacts at TPWD. Maybe I could make a call or two.

Please make the phone call, this is embarrassing
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/26/19 03:32 PM

I just read the Lake Tyler report. I have been fishing that lake for well over 25 years. That report is a Joke.
Tyler
FAIR. Water lightly stained; 59 degrees; 2.12’ low. Largemouth bass are fair on Carolina rigged creature baits, spinners and plastic worms in mid-lake humps, and structure. Crappie are good on jigs and minnows. Catfish are fair on stinkbait and live baits. White bass are good on slabs. Hybrid stripers are good with Rat–L–Traps matching the hatch of the baitfish.

There have never been Hybrid Stripers in Lake Tyler and the bass are biting best on the shoreline grass. There really isn't much happening on the Main Lake Humps right now. Crappie are always good on Jigs / minnows LOL no news there but the catfish should be biting well right now. I really don't catfish but I do know they have been active lately.

Jody
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/26/19 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Weekender
I just read the Lake Tyler report. I have been fishing that lake for well over 25 years. That report is a Joke.
Tyler
FAIR. Water lightly stained; 59 degrees; 2.12’ low. Largemouth bass are fair on Carolina rigged creature baits, spinners and plastic worms in mid-lake humps, and structure. Crappie are good on jigs and minnows. Catfish are fair on stinkbait and live baits. White bass are good on slabs. Hybrid stripers are good with Rat–L–Traps matching the hatch of the baitfish.

There have never been Hybrid Stripers in Lake Tyler and the bass are biting best on the shoreline grass. There really isn't much happening on the Main Lake Humps right now. Crappie are always good on Jigs / minnows LOL no news there but the catfish should be biting well right now. I really don't catfish but I do know they have been active lately.

Jody

But tvey are biting on the ever popular spinners.... fish
Posted By: NickHasty

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/26/19 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Weekender
Tyler

Jody

Looks like you should write the report for Lake Tyler, volunteer 🙂
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/28/19 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
They are having soft ware problems. According to Ron Smith of the Texas Parks&Wildlife Dept, Angler Recognition Program he stated they hope to have the problem solved soon. thumb

The Water Body Records on the Texas Parks&Wildlife Web site have been fixed ! clap
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: TP&W have rounded all existing lake records to nearest pound aka ".00" - 12/30/19 08:01 PM

I went to TPWD website and complained about the Fishing Reports. I would recommend others do this as well. Only way they will hear the message is if enough send it.

I sent this:
Comment or Question:

How are your Weekly Fishing Reports obtained? They are completely wrong now. They used to be dependable. What happened?
Lake Tyler:
Hybrid stripers are good with Rat–L–Traps matching the hatch of the baitfish. There are no Hybrid Stripers in Lake Tyler This is just 1 example there are tons of inaccuracy's in these reports. Total junk at this point.

I got this in reply:

Our weekly fishing reports are produced by an outside vendor who gathers information from various fishing guides in different areas. I will forward your comment to them.
Thank you for your comments.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum