Texas Fishing Forum

Ultrex install

Posted By: bgmg17

Ultrex install - 12/21/19 08:55 PM

I'm in the process of installing a new Ultrex with a universal 2d sonar. I'm going to use an external lowrance 2d/downscan unit.
My question is what do you do with the universal cord coming out of the head of the Ultrex?
Can you cut it off or do I need to run down the control cable and hide it behind the bow panel?
Thanks
Posted By: bhsmith

Re: Ultrex install - 12/21/19 09:12 PM

Just left mine hanging there in case I decide to use it, 2 yrs, no problem. Other cable installed with enough slack so it doesn't interfere with rotation..
Posted By: bgmg17

Re: Ultrex install - 12/21/19 10:05 PM

Thanks for the reply. May just hide it behind the bow panel to tidy it up. I'll be looking at it hahnging there and hit a tree! Easily distracted.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Ultrex install - 12/21/19 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by bgmg17
I'm in the process of installing a new Ultrex with a universal 2d sonar. I'm going to use an external lowrance 2d/downscan unit.
My question is what do you do with the universal cord coming out of the head of the Ultrex?
Can you cut it off or do I need to run down the control cable and hide it behind the bow panel?
Thanks

Remove the top of the motor, unscrew the transducer cable connectors, pull out the transducer cable. Put a cover over the remaining part of the plug, re-install the motor top. My connector was inside the cover.

If the connector is exposed below the top of the motor, just unscrew the connector and cover the plug that is left hanging.

Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Ultrex install - 12/21/19 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by bgmg17
Thanks for the reply. May just hide it behind the bow panel to tidy it up. I'll be looking at it hahnging there and hit a tree! Easily distracted.

roflmao

Congrats on the purchase.
© 2020 Texas Fishing Forum