Texas Fishing Forum

Florida Trip In April Guide Suggestions

Posted By: L a r r y

Florida Trip In April Guide Suggestions - 12/17/19 09:58 PM

I am planning a trip to Orlando FL in April, and I am wanting to see if I can get some help. Who are some guide services that you could share in the area, that will put me around some big fish? I may not be able to catch em, but if I am at least around em to get a bite or two, I'd be happy smile
Posted By: Jawz

Re: Florida Trip In April Guide Suggestions - 12/18/19 03:33 AM

Will you be bringing a boat?
Posted By: Palestino

Re: Florida Trip In April Guide Suggestions - 12/18/19 03:29 PM

Larry,

I am going for a week Feb 1 - 8 next year. Mike Arnoldy is the guide I am using. He was recommended by someone here on the TFF. You might look at his website www.haulinbassguide.com. We are going to Stick Marsh on Feb 4. We will also be fishing Toho, St Johns River and who knows what else on our own that week. Lots of info on BASS site about St Johns from tournament earlier this year. Rick Clunn won it.

Re: Florida Trip In April Guide Suggestions - 12/18/19 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jawz

No sir, it is a company trip and a four of us are looking to see if we can boat flip a few of those F1 fishies smile
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Florida Trip In April Guide Suggestions - 12/18/19 08:54 PM

Make sure you explain exactly what you’re looking for to the Guide before selecting one.

I grabbed a guide one January on Okeechobee out of Roland Martins Marina that only wanted to shiner fish. Great guy but he just wasn’t prepared to do the type of fishing I was looking for. All his gear was rigged for shiners.

I had never dealt much with guides and didn’t do my part in letting them know ahead of time. Don’t make my mistake.
Posted By: Atta

Re: Florida Trip In April Guide Suggestions - 12/18/19 09:49 PM

Chuck Pippin is your man for Toho/Kissimmee Chain and central Orlando. Catches big fish all year and knows his stuff. Check out his videos on YouTube and the photos on his website. http://www.chucksguideservice.com/
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Florida Trip In April Guide Suggestions - 12/18/19 10:33 PM

Check out George Welcome for the Stick Marsh and central Florida
Posted By: Jawz

Re: Florida Trip In April Guide Suggestions - 12/19/19 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by L a r r y
Originally Posted by Jawz

No sir, it is a company trip and a four of us are looking to see if we can boat flip a few of those F1 fishies smile

If you want saltwater Check out Mike Goodwin. Black Neck Adventures 813-707-4733. He'll put you on fish bigger than you can imagine. Trust me. He always hooks up big-time.

https://www.blackneckadventurescharters.com/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...Blackneck_Adventures-Tampa_Florida.html.

If you want freshwater fish the Kissimmee chain. I can hook you up with someone there too. I'm from Tampa.
Posted By: hookset13

Re: Florida Trip In April Guide Suggestions - 12/19/19 03:50 PM

Chuck Pippin is a great guide out of that area. He took me and my father n law when we were vacationing a Disney World. He even came to the resort and picked us up! Highly recommended and a great person.
Posted By: llvllallvllba

Re: Florida Trip In April Guide Suggestions - 12/19/19 04:25 PM

Nick Kefalides @ Warrior 2 Bass Guide service
Posted By: KingOutdoorsCo

Re: Florida Trip In April Guide Suggestions - 12/19/19 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Atta
Chuck Pippin is your man for Toho/Kissimmee Chain and central Orlando. Catches big fish all year and knows his stuff. Check out his videos on YouTube and the photos on his website. http://www.chucksguideservice.com/

This.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Florida Trip In April Guide Suggestions - 12/19/19 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by hookset13
Chuck Pippin is a great guide out of that area. He took me and my father n law when we were vacationing a Disney World. He even came to the resort and picked us up! Highly recommended and a great person.

I have him booked for a trip in early March

Re: Florida Trip In April Guide Suggestions - 12/20/19 10:25 PM

THANK YOU all for the responses. I will be staying INSHORE for this trip. One day, I'd like to be able to take the time to do some offshore fishing, but I'd want to do that for at least 2-3 days to make it worthwhile.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum