Texas Fishing Forum

Jackhammer Chatterbait ?

Posted By: Fishin4TX

Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/11/19 07:52 PM

I am a believer in the Zman JH. But I have been noticing that after several big fish or even after a heavy snag, sometimes the bait will not run as "chattery." For instance, I love the JH because it begins chattering at very low retrieval speeds, but sometimes I feel like it gets bent out of tune? and doesn't seem to chatter as consistently as a new one. Any one else experience this? Is there a way to tune it manually like a crank bait perhaps?
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/11/19 08:26 PM

I have not really noticed that problem but the rubber band that they use to hold the skirt on doesn't seem to last very long. For the price that they are charging it should be a hand tied skirt or least a much better quality band.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/11/19 09:07 PM

I have not had any get out of tune. I actually seem to catch more on the well used ones
Posted By: CB-52

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/11/19 09:10 PM

they do seem to lose the chatter but after it is gone I seem to catch more fish especially bigger ones so doesn't bother me!
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/11/19 10:28 PM

Their only $16.99 a pop. Tie on a new one and toss the old one in the trash eeks
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/11/19 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Their only $16.99 a pop. Tie on a new one and toss the old one in the trash eeks

Winning post of the week.
clap
Posted By: Cableman

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/11/19 10:39 PM

they are hand tied, i believe.
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/11/19 11:07 PM

Haven't noticed that as much as the paint chipping off the black blades after a half day of use. For the price, that's annoying to me.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/12/19 02:29 AM

I will give you a dollar 2.98 for your used ones !
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/12/19 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Fishin4TX
I am a believer in the Zman JH. But I have been noticing that after several big fish or even after a heavy snag, sometimes the bait will not run as "chattery." For instance, I love the JH because it begins chattering at very low retrieval speeds, but sometimes I feel like it gets bent out of tune? and doesn't seem to chatter as consistently as a new one. Any one else experience this? Is there a way to tune it manually like a crank bait perhaps?

I love the Jackhammer. If it's not working properly check the snap. Chances are it is slightly bent. It is a pretty delicate snap. I swap it out with an Owner 70# snap. It is a PAIN to get it on there but once you do you are good to go!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/12/19 04:54 PM

Typically just having a jackhammer tied on is good enuf.

As soon as the fish realize a jackhammer is being thrown, they will give up and jump in the boat. Most of the time it is too late for the fish to notice it isn't chattering just right.

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/12/19 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by sprigsss
Typically just having a jackhammer tied on is good enuf.

As soon as the fish realize a jackhammer is being thrown, they will give up and jump in the boat. Most of the time it is too late for the fish to notice it isn't chattering just right.

I know! I've actually had fish jump in the boat while I was tying one on!!
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Ken A.

I love the Jackhammer. If it's not working properly check the snap. Chances are it is slightly bent. It is a pretty delicate snap. I swap it out with an Owner 70# snap. It is a PAIN to get it on there but once you do you are good to go!

[Linked Image]

If i send you all the ones i own. Will you swap the snaps for me?

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by Ken A.

[Linked Image]

If i send you all the ones i own. Will you swap the snaps for me?

LOL Nope
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 02:03 PM

Have any of you guys who like this jack hammer ever tried the LOCAL made in Texas Finch Nasty Chatterbait? Ive never bought a jack hammer, too rich for my blood.

They are Incredible and CHEAP, if you put a 5 inch paddle tail trailer on them they will hunt side to side up to 2 feet. They hunt more the faster you retrieve. They start thumping at the very first start of your reel handle turning, thats the most important part.

The glade blade is snag free version and I havent had as much luck with it, it has about 40% less action I would say.

I find I can usually work the regular one thru wood and suck and at 5.99 losing one here and there that I cant go get doesnt kill me.

https://finchnastybaitco.com/collections/bladed-jigs/products/thumper

Note: when put a 5 inch trailer on trim the skit even with the hook, or youll get short strikes.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
Have any of you guys who like this jack hammer ever tried the LOCAL made in Texas Finch Nasty Chatterbait? Ive never bought a jack hammer, too rich for my blood.

They are Incredible and CHEAP, if you put a 5 inch paddle tail trailer on them they will hunt side to side up to 2 feet. They hunt more the faster you retrieve. They start thumping at the very first start of your reel handle turning, thats the most important part.

The glade blade is snag free version and I havent had as much luck with it, it has about 40% less action I would say.

I find I can usually work the regular one thru wood and suck and at 5.99 losing one here and there that I cant go get doesnt kill me.

Note: when put a 5 inch trailer on trim the skit even with the hook, or youll get short strikes.

They hunt? Lures are now hunting for fish?

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Brent S

Yes, hunt means move side to side, erratic movement, if you havent used one with a narrow paddle trail trailer you likely havent seen anything like it.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 02:48 PM

Or call me, you can send the used ones to me.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 02:50 PM

Yes, hunt means move side to side, erratic movement, if you havent used one with a narrow paddle trail trailer you likely havent seen anything like it.

So you can or can't plug products? hmmm

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 02:53 PM

Didn't know the definition of hunt had been modified.

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 03:41 PM

Didn't know the definition of hunt had been modified.

Your late to the party and are boring me.

I used the word hunt and defined it in my original post.

“I guess You don’t know what you don’t know” sums it up.

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 03:48 PM

Side to side up to 2 ft does not define the word hunt.

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 05:02 PM

Side to side up to 2 ft does not define the word hunt.

Im not sure what your goal is here, other than to side track another thread with stupid posts.

Anyways its clear youve only got a southern education and since I like to be helpful, Ill copy paste what the word DEFINE means for you.

define
[dəˈfīn]
VERB

state or describe exactly the nature, scope, or meaning of.

"the contract will seek to define the client's obligations"
synonyms:
explain · expound · interpret · elucidate · explicate · describe · clarify · give the meaning of · state precisely · spell out · put into words · express in words
give the meaning of (a word or phrase), especially in a dictionary.
"the dictionary defines it as “a type of pasture”"
make up or establish the character of.
"for some, the football team defines their identity"

hunt
[hənt]
VERB

pursue and kill (a wild animal) for sport or food.
"in the autumn they hunted deer" · [more]
synonyms:
chase · give chase to · pursue · stalk · course · hunt down · run down · track · trail · follow · shadow · hound · dog · tail
search determinedly for someone or something.
"he desperately hunted for a new job"
synonyms:
search · look · look high and low ·

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 05:03 PM

A yankee making fun of Southern education? Where's your kid going to school? roflmao
Posted By: 361V

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 05:10 PM

Took me a while to figure out what people on here were referring to when they threw around the term “hunt” when describing lure actions. I thought it was official now that the term “hunt” when used in the chatterbait community meant “ERRATIC side to side action”. No? confused Pretty sure the definition even got changed on Wikipedia! laugh

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by bigfishtx
A yankee making fun of Southern education? Where's your kid going to school? roflmao

BAYLOR [

Its not a public school.

Man its hard to believe both of you guys would not use google and make sure your reply made sense before hitting post.

Ill try and type real slooow for ya.

Ill start trying to encourage my Mother in Law, Brother in law and Sister in Law who are Texas residents to vote for a State income tax, so generations to come can be better educated. (you know more funding for public schools) bahaha

Click here

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by 361V
Took me a while to figure out what people on here were referring to when they threw around the term “hunt” when describing lure actions. I thought it was official now that the term “hunt” when used in the chatterbait community meant “ERRATIC side to side action”. No? confused Pretty sure the definition even got changed on Wikipedia! laugh

Exactly, but its ok clearly these guys are "hunting" for a www sparring session, too bad they both are like a one leg man in a bootie kicking contest.

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 05:29 PM

BAYLOR

Its not a public school.

Man its hard to believe both of you guys would not use google and make sure your reply made sense before hitting post.

Ill start trying to encourage my Mother in Law, Brother in law and Sister in Law who are Texas residents to vote for a State income tax, so generations to come can be better educated. (you know more funding for public schools) bahaha

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Is+Baylor+University+privately+funded%3F+

You yankees crack me up,... keep 'em coming.

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 05:33 PM

I find it funny that an inanimate object, such as a lure, can hunt.

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 05:33 PM

BAYLOR

Its not a public school.

FIre emoji here..... Im from CALIFORNIA I know you guys really love that!! Fire emoji here.....

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 05:36 PM

BAYLOR

Its not a public school.

FIre emoji here..... Im from CALIFORNIA I know you guys really love that!! Fire emoji here.....

Same Same!!
roflmao

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 05:53 PM

Same Same!!
roflmao

I want extra credit......

Learned how to do my link in off topic..

Clicky here
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 05:59 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Jackhammer Chatterbait ? - 12/13/19 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by senko9S
[Linked Image]

I get it, good one, betcha I know some who dont get it!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum