Texas Fishing Forum

waterproof shoes

Posted By: Rbob64

waterproof shoes - 12/06/19 03:36 PM

Over the years I've messed around with several different pairs of waterproof boots/shoes in trying to operate trolling motor and be somewhat comfortable in boat and not take up too much storage. Has anyone found magic shoes. I saw Huk has shoes out that look about what i'm looking for but love to hear opinions.. thx much!!
Posted By: forkduc

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/06/19 03:44 PM

I bought the short Red Head boots at Cabela's and the are warm and dry.
Posted By: ccw

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/06/19 03:45 PM

I use goretext socks, that way I'm able to wear comfortable shoes.
Posted By: rkd

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/06/19 03:48 PM

LaSportiva Wildcat 2.0 GTX They are not cheap at around $150. First pair lasted 5 years. Waterproof trail shoes with great support. Very comfortable and very durable. Have stood on the boat deck for many hours in downpours and feet remained dry and comfortable. Good grip on boat surfaces when wet. (or slick rocks on the shoreline when beaching the boat!) Can double as your regular tennis shoes. Snug fit so may not be ideal for wider feet. Not hot in the summer months and with decent socks can be very warm in the winter.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/06/19 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by ccw
I use goretext socks, that way I'm able to wear comfortable shoes.

I use long neoprene socks and neoprene calf sleeves in the winter--very comfortable.
Also have full length boots and ankle boots; but operating a TM with them isn't great.
Posted By: bsouth401

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/06/19 04:27 PM

I'm a big fan of Solomon Gortex Shoes and boots. I wear the Soloman Forces everyday, all day. Great shoes and boots that are durable yet very comfortable.

https://www.us-elitegear.com/collections/salomon

If you like more color try the regular Solomans.

https://www.rei.com/b/salomon/c/mens-footwear/f/fet-gore-tex
Posted By: Chris G

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/06/19 04:58 PM

I found the perfect pair for me that I can wear in both warm and cold weather. It's a mid-height Muck boot. I picked mine up for $99 last year. They are very light and comfortable.

https://www.muckbootcompany.com/collections/all-season/products/mens-excursion-pro-short-boots
Posted By: Sgrem

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/06/19 05:06 PM

I have had the mid height waterproof boots from Xtra-tuf and Simms. I get one size bigger and use the Dr. Scholls extreme inserts. Makes standing and driving st the helm of my center console all day very nice. No more back pain.
Posted By: Flip-n-go

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/06/19 05:18 PM

Not shoes but I wear SealSkin socks along with my athletic shoes. The socks are waterproof & breathe so my feet stay warm, dry, comfortable.

www.sealskinzusa.com

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/06/19 05:27 PM

https://www.xtratuf.com/products/me...RmsKh5gIVC8RkCh0wJgODEAQYCiABEgKGAvD_BwE

Has anyone tried these. Xtra-tuf lower.. Sgrem were on same page looking for something slip on which has some insullation which could use late fall into early spring keep feet dry. Problem with these type of shoes getting them to fit right vs lace up. Just want something doesn't get feet wet raining all day and still can operate TM etc.. Think we've all been there... Appreciate the replys so far
Posted By: IowaBassMan

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/06/19 05:55 PM

I wear Merrell shoes, very comfortable.
https://www.merrell.com/US/en/mens-...n&prefv1=false&prefv2=Waterproof
Posted By: JBranham

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/06/19 06:49 PM

These are perfect! I have the HUK boots but they are the same and they are very comfortable!

[Linked Image]

I wear them all the time, yard work, hiking when it’s wet, and of course fishing. The uppers are soft so my shins and lower ankles are comfortable and I can stand around in them all day no problem.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/06/19 07:27 PM

XTRATUF! Finally someone pulled there head out and made the perfect fishing shoe. More comfortable than any shoe I have, 100% dry, with the right sock good for any weather. I wore Goretex boots forever but I can't think of a reason to ever put anything but the xtratuf's on now.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/06/19 07:35 PM

If you shop around you can get the XTRATUF for about $65 online. They were even cheaper when they came out but boomed in popularity immediately. Plus they're getting airtime on Wicked Tuna, everybody on there is wearing them.

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/06/19 10:07 PM

Alright, appreciate the feedback... comfort and dry what a concept smile...
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/06/19 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by JBranham
These are perfect! I have the HUK boots but they are the same and they are very comfortable!

[Linked Image]

I wear them all the time, yard work, hiking when it’s wet, and of course fishing. The uppers are soft so my shins and lower ankles are comfortable and I can stand around in them all day no problem.

I have these and like them. I have also had the short top Red Heads that we’re mentioned above and really like them as well.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/07/19 12:15 AM

New Balance has a line of goretex tennis shoes that are dry and warm while light and comfortable.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/07/19 01:39 AM

[Linked Image]

These Elf boots are the deal. I knew when the deck hands in Venice were using them they were probably pretty good. I put sole inserts in them for arch support.
Posted By: Ranger 188

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/07/19 02:34 AM

The gore text socks are awesome. I’ve got a pair that’s over 10 years old, great investment.

Wear whatever shoes or boots you want over them.
Posted By: Rocky Robison

Re: waterproof shoes - 12/08/19 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Fishspanker

[Linked Image]

These Elf boots are the deal. I knew when the deck hands in Venice were using them they were probably pretty good. I put sole inserts in them for arch support.

How is the fit on these?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum