Texas Fishing Forum

Welsh ramp

Posted By: Skeeterboy86

Welsh ramp - 12/05/19 04:57 AM

Hey guys anybody been to welsh lately like last day or two was there two weekends ago ramp was 50 50 has water come up any went down still the same any info appreciated plan on goin Saturday
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/05/19 02:15 PM

Still low so I hear. Getting harder to put a big boat in.
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/05/19 08:39 PM

Have been 4 weekends in a row. IMO it had gotten lower and tougher... especially if alone. I heard mid December is when the pipe should be back online but don’t take that word to the bank... all we can do is hope
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/05/19 08:54 PM

I was there last Thursday and Friday. It really wasn't that bad...you just need to trim way when putting in and taking out or you're going to hit bottom and possibly suck in tiny rocks into your motor. I watched 2 guys trying to load out Friday hit bottom because they weren't trimmed up high enough. Other than that, we didn't have any issues.
Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/05/19 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jaguar6
Have been 4 weekends in a row. IMO it had gotten lower and tougher... especially if alone. I heard mid December is when the pipe should be back online but don’t take that word to the bank... all we can do is hope

Spoke to the plant management coordinator, says pipe will not be ready till late spring/early summer. he says a few things have to be in place at that time.
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/06/19 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Chug-bug-bang1

Spoke to the plant management coordinator, says pipe will not be ready till late spring/early summer. he says a few things have to be in place at that time.

Ahh I gotcha. I was told this by Mr. Ash, the GW. So I had hoped for the best!
Originally Posted by Chris G
I was there last Thursday and Friday. It really wasn't that bad...you just need to trim way when putting in and taking out or you're going to hit bottom and possibly suck in tiny rocks into your motor. I watched 2 guys trying to load out Friday hit bottom because they weren't trimmed up high enough. Other than that, we didn't have any issues.

Whenever taking cover at the picnic table Saturday from the storm I bottomed out trying to hurry and beach so I could get out before hail started. Apparently I sucked some of those rocks up cause my engine quit spitting water. It started to trickle out and then got back to normal at the end of the day so hopefully all is ok. Will find out Saturday.
Posted By: 921ELITE Cranker

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/06/19 04:47 AM

Buddy of mine has been a couple times lately. He won’t be back. He sucked a bunch of gravel up into his thermostat and his engine would only idle.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/06/19 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Chug-bug-bang1

With the plant running we better have a really wet spring or Welsh will be ridiculously low by summer! Takes a heavy rain to become running water in Swauano Creek that feeds the lake.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/06/19 03:09 PM

Whenever taking cover at the picnic table Saturday from the storm I bottomed out trying to hurry and beach so I could get out before hail started. Apparently I sucked some of those rocks up cause my engine quit spitting water. It started to trickle out and then got back to normal at the end of the day so hopefully all is ok. Will find out Saturday.

Yep - this is exactly what my buddy told me to watch for because there's a lot of small gravel down there. He had the same thing happen to him.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/06/19 03:41 PM

There yesterday and it's a challenge FX21! The lake has not gone up. Cheat as far to the right as you can and have your motor trimmed up/ Parking on bank is pretty tough, only place that worked was by the rockpile on far left. Going to be awful when the tourneys start. Caught 16 in 6 hours and missed as many.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/06/19 04:00 PM

I went by ramp today. Ramp looks fine. I’m thinking that lake is lower than 3 feet. It’s kind of startling when you see it. It is LOW.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/06/19 04:01 PM

Fun to see the Lake Fork guides there. They can’t hide their wrapped trucks and boats. Probably twelve -15 boats on lake right now. Can’t imagine a Saturday here.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/08/19 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
I went by ramp today. Ramp looks fine. I’m thinking that lake is lower than 3 feet. It’s kind of startling when you see it. It is LOW.

The ramp is steep so make sure you have your motor tilted up when you launch. I think there might be some dirt piled up past the ramp so be careful of that. Lots of stumps out there to watch out for also. I think it is over 4ft low and the water has cooled off quite a bit. I heard it was in the 60-s last Wednesday.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/09/19 02:47 PM

Mid seventies in the discharge last Thursday!
Make sure your motor is up loading also.
Posted By: SNAKEBIT

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/09/19 06:39 PM

there again Saturday. lower than last time. no problem launching the 920 Phoenix.
there are 2 (humps) as i was loading. didn't drag them last time, but did this time.
not bad, just the bottom of skeg.
had Atlas jackplate at full top!
good day with half a dozen keepers and numerous almost 18!!!
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/10/19 02:00 PM

Man this lake really could use some water... a lot of it.
Posted By: BassManDan11

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/14/19 11:53 AM

Went to Welsh yesterday. Boat ramp is still okay and shouldn’t have any issue launching. Just be careful backing boat off as there is that hump from power loading onto trailers. Water level seemed to be unchanged from the previous Friday i was out there. The bite was good yesterday and there was about 10-15 trailers at the launch.
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/17/19 01:22 AM

Weekend reports? Generating? Bringing the level up?
Posted By: LUguy08

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/17/19 02:17 AM

Was out there Friday. Ramp was still usable. Plant was not generating and water temp was down. Still wound up catching 40 plus. Water was still low so I’d be careful navigating.
Posted By: z7x374

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/17/19 06:08 AM

Was out there Sunday with some buddies, no issues loading or unloading. Did get hung up for a little in the hump in front of the ramp from everyone power loading.

We boated close to 60 fish with our best 5 being at about 20lbs.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/17/19 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by z7x374
Was out there Sunday with some buddies, no issues loading or unloading. Did get hung up for a little in the hump in front of the ramp from everyone power loading.

We boated close to 60 fish with our best 5 being at about 20lbs.

Drug arse on the hump but keep the motor high and it wasnt hard at all, quite the fun day on the water. Was not generating sunday
Posted By: fshnbassrob

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/22/19 11:12 PM

Anyone fish this weekend?
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: Welsh ramp - 12/23/19 01:44 AM

Was there Friday. Maybe 4 trailers including us. Got there about 11:00 fished to 4:30 caught about 15 with 3 overs and a couple of 17”. A little breezy with a good south wind that laid later in the afternoon. Ramp is fine just be easy when loading. When unloading/loading keep trailer to the boat passenger side of center of the ramp. Lake is low so be careful.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum