Texas Fishing Forum

Triton issues?

Posted By: H2O Seeker

Triton issues? - 12/03/19 01:06 AM

Swindle jumped to Phoenix and now Jason Lambert is running a Blazer. These are 2 I have seen in the last couple days. For those in the know is this "normal off season sponsorship turnover " or is Triton having issues on the business front? Few years back when Legend dropped their Pro staff it left quite a few scrambling for a ride. I realize this is nothing compared to that but just curious.
Posted By: TNT inpsections

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 01:45 AM

Well the group that bought Legend put it out of business shortly after take over and now Johnny Morris with Bass Pro shop owns Triton along with other boat compainies. His boat the Nitro is typically inferior and in order to get better market share JM has basically created a monopoly without anyone noticeing. Typically Government steps in think Infinity Broadcasting. Just my opinion but it kind of makes sense with wht JM is doing in the bass boat and outdoor market.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 01:45 AM

Wheeler, Connell and Klein are still in them.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 01:48 AM

Swindles deal ain't hard to figure out lol.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Wheeler, Connell and Klein are still in them.

It won't surprise me if Connell gets out of his Triton and into something else.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 02:03 AM

Triton is very healthy and from what I have seen they aren’t going anywhere.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 02:05 AM

I believe its all about the money not the boat, if the money was right some of the pros would fish from a canoe.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 02:26 AM

popcorn
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 02:26 AM

with invent of the internet an all the information boat companies have figured out that its not as important to have as many team boats to compete with the retail sales boats . the days of the factories picking up the expenses of the pros the pie is becoming smaller an smaller. with the watering down of real pro fishing it will even be less.
Posted By: Cmack

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Happykamper
I believe its all about the money not the boat, if the money was right some of the pros would fish from a canoe.

Bingo! If there were no boat sponsorships, it would be quite interesting to see what these anglers would be running.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Happykamper

Right!!!
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955

It is for some.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by 21xs Elite
Originally Posted by rj74955

It is for some.

Swindles I can see being more personal. Especially with Duckett and Klein being Triton guys and promising a bucket of gold at the end of the rainbow via MLF exposure etc.
Posted By: Atta

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 02:04 PM

Johnny Morris owns Triton, Nitro, Ranger, & Stratos under White River Marine. He ended Legend Boats when he bought them and those Pro's now run Rangers or Nitros. All of the people who made the Rangers, Tritons, Stratos, & Legend great boats are out the door.

BCB, Phoenix, Blazer, Bullet, & even Vexus are all better quality then anything JM owns. I wont own anything that is owned by WRM Group & JM. That's just me and my preferences, Ill stick with BCB and if I switch it will be Phoenix or Bullet.
Posted By: HDVS

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 02:27 PM

Not sure how this turned into a Nitro bashing thread. LOL! I can run anything I want and I run Nitro Z21 by choice! I will put this boat against anything out there in every way. They are not the same boats they were 10 years ago. The funny thing is I have ran about every brand and I have nothing bad to say about any of them. Every boat has its good things and its bad things.
Posted By: Capt. Bryan

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 02:37 PM

Could possibly be that JM owns Nitro, Triton and Ranger and also started the Bass Pro Tour. Swindle left BPT and went back to Bassmaster and now has a phoenix. ????
Posted By: sll

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 03:36 PM

Not in Swindle's case as he has the credentials to receive top billing, but you are going to see some of the Triton guys change brands as they are not getting the PD pricing now that they were 2-3 years ago.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Atta
Johnny Morris owns Triton, Nitro, Ranger, & Stratos under White River Marine. He ended Legend Boats when he bought them and those Pro's now run Rangers or Nitros. All of the people who made the Rangers, Tritons, Stratos, & Legend great boats are out the door.

BCB, Phoenix, Blazer, Bullet, & even Vexus are all better quality then anything JM owns. I wont own anything that is owned by WRM Group & JM. That's just me and my preferences, Ill stick with BCB and if I switch it will be Phoenix or Bullet.
If you think Bulet and Blazer have better build quality than Triton and Ranger then you must have been in different boats then the ones I have had experience with!
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Triton issues? - 12/03/19 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by leethefishking

If you think Bulet and Blazer have better build quality than Triton and Ranger then you must have been in different boats then the ones I have had experience with!

Don't have any seat time in those two tater chip boats you listed other than looking at them on the showroom floor but I see where your coming from.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Triton issues? - 12/04/19 02:19 AM

I have a 2017 Triton and a 2020 Bullet setting next to each other in my barn, you are more than welcome to come and compare, the Bullet is far more quality than the Triton and I love a triton. It also out rides it and needless to say out performs it.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Triton issues? - 12/04/19 05:30 PM

Lambert isn't hard to figure out either. He finished the MLF year in 79th place out of 80 with a grand total earnings of $0.00. He's placed high in almost nothing outside of Kentucky Lake and the Tennessee river for his entire career. I'm guessing there were not a ton of boat companies begging to sponsor him. I'm amazed he has been able to maintain sponsorship this long.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Triton issues? - 12/04/19 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Lambert isn't hard to figure out either. He finished the MLF year in 79th place out of 80 with a grand total earnings of $0.00. He's placed high in almost nothing outside of Kentucky Lake and the Tennessee river for his entire career. I'm guessing there were not a ton of boat companies begging to sponsor him. I'm amazed he has been able to maintain sponsorship this long.

But, but, but according to some he's a member of the best 80 anglers ever assembled.
Posted By: Atta

Re: Triton issues? - 12/04/19 06:54 PM

IMO, yes they are. Bullet for sure is higher quality then the 2. I had a triton for TR22 for 4 years and loved it. was a pre JM model and have no complaints. For me, i wont own a brand that JM owns. Hell i dont even shop at BPS. his products are over priced, cheap quality, and mostly knock offs. But again, that's my opinion.
Posted By: Creekhead

Re: Triton issues? - 12/07/19 01:27 AM

I would think all of the lines that are now owned by BPS will come down to who they hire to manage those unique product lines. Hope they hired some good people cause I like Tritons
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum