Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma Smallmouth

Posted By: n_fish

Texoma Smallmouth - 12/01/19 10:42 PM

Headed out to try and catch my first brown fish this coming weekend. Anyone been targeting them this time of year and have any tips to share? I’m gonna launch at Eisenhower and try the main lake points headed away from the dam. Appreciate any info. anybody can share and thanks in advance.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 12/01/19 11:03 PM

they bite early
Posted By: bassnutt2001

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 12/02/19 11:02 AM

They get real aggressive with wind making a lot of chop on the rocks. Stick to the south east side banks outside little mineral, drag a c-rig craw or bang ricks with a crank. Good size smallies in that lake.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 12/02/19 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by n_fish
Headed out to try and catch my first brown fish this coming weekend. Anyone been targeting them this time of year and have any tips to share? I’m gonna launch at Eisenhower and try the main lake points headed away from the dam. Appreciate any info. anybody can share and thanks in advance.

How did it go?

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 12/02/19 05:59 PM

MAKING THE TRIP THIS COMING WEEKEND.

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 12/02/19 08:47 PM

My bad...you did say that in the OP!

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 12/02/19 10:20 PM

no problem, are they biting?

Thanks

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 12/03/19 12:41 AM

Personally have not been out in awhile but reports I have heard from good sources are that they can be found in the areas you have been directed to. Be patient and fish the entire point(s).

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 12/03/19 03:30 AM

Will do and thanks

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 12/04/19 02:06 AM

Is the Dam boat ramp safe? Anyone had any issues with theft or vandalism? I appreciate the heads up and thanks

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 12/04/19 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by n_fish
Is the Dam boat ramp safe? Anyone had any issues with theft or vandalism? I appreciate the heads up and thanks

Never had any issues. DPS, Sheriff's department, and the Barney Fife Corps cop patrol periodically but its usually late at night or early morning. There has been a run of residentioal construction and remodels just west down FM 1310 so the daytime traffic is more than it used to be which is a deterrent. One of the Game Wardens live about a mile down the road on the right but he's more interested in what's happening below the dam.
Posted By: tjbubba1

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 12/04/19 02:22 PM

Thought I read somebody had there catalytic converter cut off there truck there not long ago, I would just go to the state park a mile down the road,
protected from the wind easy to launch.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum