Texas Fishing Forum

Hydrowave

Posted By: slayer12

Hydrowave - 11/30/19 07:26 PM

What's yall's opnion on them? Are they worth the money?
Posted By: davisxx

Re: Hydrowave - 11/30/19 08:44 PM

There will be folks that swear by them and those who feel they are a form of snake oil. I feel they are not worth any money just another fad.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Hydrowave - 11/30/19 08:50 PM

My new to me boat had one. When it stopped working I did not replace it. Never miss it.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Hydrowave - 11/30/19 10:43 PM

Turned it on on fork, boat surrounded by baitfish, turned off they left turned on they came back.

Have seen fish come up to my tm and look at it and go back down.

Its broke on me 2 times so far. I have a new speaker here for it but cant find where I put the head unit, not that worried about it..
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Hydrowave - 12/01/19 03:18 AM

Has it been a month already? Wow! Time flies!!! roflmao

Pure Snake Oil in my uniformed opinion based on the monthly question. I would love to see the evidence that is claimed in real life!!!

I'll even buy and put one on my boat if someone really proves they "work" as designed!

Re: Hydrowave - 12/01/19 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by David Burton

Pure Snake Oil in my uniformed opinion based on the monthly question. I would love to see the evidence that is claimed in real life!!!

I'll even buy and put one on my boat if someone really proves they "work" as designed!

How do you prove it?

If they make fish come look it isnt the same as making them decide to bite.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Hydrowave - 12/01/19 12:57 PM

Been a fad for at least 15 years. Founded by the same folks that brought you the Rat-L-Trap.

http://www.fishingworld.com/fishing...ix%E2%84%A2-sonic-fish-attraction-system

I have had one for a long time...I believe in it works more than I believe high dollar rod, reel and boat catch more fish. grin
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Hydrowave - 12/01/19 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

How do you prove it?

My thought on proof comes in the form of underwater reaction video with all else being equal. Active feeding scenarios, quiet periods, differing water temperatures and frontal conditions... as close to a lab environment as nature can provide. Not just "I see fish moving" or "my graph lights up".

Re: Hydrowave - 12/01/19 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

How do you prove it?

My thought on proof comes in the form of underwater reaction video with all else being equal. Active feeding scenarios, quiet periods, differing water temperatures and frontal conditions... as close to a lab environment as nature can provide. Not just "I see fish moving" or "my graph lights up".

Ic well I cant see any reason anyone would ever pay for that or invest the time in that.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Hydrowave - 12/01/19 10:18 PM

I have one. It’s on anytime I’m fishing. I don’t know if it calls the fish to the boat, but I believe it does help to hide the random boat noises( trolling motor, sonar, radio, cussing fisherman, etc). I received mine as a gift, but I’m not sold enough to go out and spend the money out of my pocket. I was told I was “hard to buy for” and this is what my wife found for my Father’s Day gift a couple years go.

Just like 90% of T-H Marine stuff....it’s not the best made product. The screen is not waterproof. The LCD has quit working. Now I just press the power button, wait a few seconds and press it again, then “play”, then crank it up 8 notches and go.

Also, for those that don’t know...

The little speaker that you hear making slashing and plopping noises is there for your reference mostly. The “speaker box” has a tactile transducer built into it that pulsates the water in a way that the basses lateral line detects it. It is MUCH more than a waterproof speaker playing noises.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Hydrowave - 12/01/19 10:58 PM

One came on my boat when I bought it. After a month of not catching a fish I took it off, sold it and went back to catching fish again. Had the same results with a Whopper Plopper only difference was nobody would buy the Whopper Ploppers.

Re: Hydrowave - 12/02/19 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
I have one. It’s on anytime I’m fishing. I don’t know if it calls the fish to the boat, but I believe it does help to hide the random boat noises( trolling motor, sonar, radio, cussing fisherman, etc). I received mine as a gift, but I’m not sold enough to go out and spend the money out of my pocket. I was told I was “hard to buy for” and this is what my wife found for my Father’s Day gift a couple years go.

Just like 90% of T-H Marine stuff....it’s not the best made product. The screen is not waterproof. The LCD has quit working. Now I just press the power button, wait a few seconds and press it again, then “play”, then crank it up 8 notches and go.

The little speaker that you hear making slashing and plopping noises is there for your reference mostly. The “speaker box” has a tactile transducer built into it that pulsates the water in a way that the basses lateral line detects it. It is MUCH more than a waterproof speaker playing noises.

interesting on the speaker.

I feel like you about it it cant hurt for masking.

I talked to th marine Id like to run a speaker on back and front of my boat but they acted like that was crazy. My thought was maybe the rear one would last longer on the jack plate.

I WISH it was just one toggle on and it remembered the last setting etc. I found myself not turning it on because its a hassle. AND I havent had the speakers last long.

on
select sound
select delay
select volume
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Hydrowave - 12/03/19 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I was fishing Welsh about 8 years ago the water was bathtub clear up in the grass, I could see pods of bass everywhere, they didn't care if you had a trolling motor on, if you hit a stump, if you cussed or played the radio. Only thing that spooked them was when you casted a rod at them, the rod action would spook them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum