Texas Fishing Forum

PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!!

Posted By: JC Skeeter

PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/28/19 06:44 PM

I know most here are waiting for tackle warehouses sale tomorrow but dicks has literally everything 25% off. Bought my nephew a Duckett rod regular $159.99 for $119.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/28/19 07:44 PM

Unfortunately it doesn't work on an ultrex
Posted By: JC Skeeter

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/28/19 08:23 PM

That’s some BS false advertising then cause it says everything.
Posted By: Neches

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/28/19 09:10 PM

Dicks is like Nike. Neither one will ever get my money
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/28/19 10:57 PM

Dicks website keeps locking up.
Posted By: champion man

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/28/19 11:45 PM

I might be wrong in saying this , but dicks can choke on their stuff.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/29/19 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by champion man

They are choking on it. Their website won’t even come up now.
Posted By: texasfisherman1

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/29/19 01:18 AM

25% of at Dicks is same price as 20% TW...you have to look at their original prices
Posted By: slim 285

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/29/19 01:41 AM

There stuff has always been 25 % higher than everybody else
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/29/19 03:39 AM

post make some people nervous
Posted By: Hair Jig

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/29/19 05:26 PM

When they stopped selling AR-15s (because it was an "assault weapon") I quit patronizing them. Anyone against the sale of firearms to honest citizens will never get any of my money.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/29/19 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Neches

X2 flag
Posted By: Joel McBride

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/29/19 05:53 PM

Quantum tour kvd pt casting is $63.73
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/29/19 06:49 PM

Just got my daughters new volleyball shoes and saved 30 bucks. Don’t give a damn about their politics on the days they can save me money.
Posted By: FewJr

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/29/19 07:37 PM

Talk about who’s worse is basspro/Cabelas. Order reel that’s on sale 1 day after sale get email there sold out. Checked with store and there still in stock. Then show up at 5:30 this morning to get my son a reel and there gone. Went to two of there appreciation day events and out of stock. So I got a reel on sale at dicks and got 25% discount. I’ll go to dicks , anglers pro or fun and sun. Just go to fun and sun thier prices are cheaper anyway.
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/29/19 08:53 PM

I'll never spend another dime at Dick's Sporting Goods.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/29/19 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by FewJr
Talk about who’s worse is basspro/Cabelas. Order reel that’s on sale 1 day after sale get email there sold out. Checked with store and there still in stock. Then show up at 5:30 this morning to get my son a reel and there gone. Went to two of there appreciation day events and out of stock. So I got a reel on sale at dicks and got 25% discount. I’ll go to dicks , anglers pro or fun and sun. Just go to fun and sun thier prices are cheaper anyway.

their^
Posted By: Larry yank

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/29/19 10:11 PM

If you read the ad, it clearly indicates some exclusions apply. For examples, guns and electronics are 10% off. Certain brand names “protect” their image and distribution by precluding discounts from MSRP. The BS is from those brands and people who do not pay attention to details.
Posted By: Larry yank

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/29/19 10:25 PM

That’s some odd thinking since Dicks hasn’t sold an AR since 2012 while the 35 Field and Stream stores nationally (that is 0.7 stores per state you are concerned about) pulled theirs in February 2018. Try buying an AR from Tackle Warehouse or Walmart. As a responsible gun owner and licensed to carry guy, I know the facts as compared to what the media and NRA has led the public to believe. Corporations have the right to determine their product mix based upon revenue and margins, just as you have the right to determine from whom you buy.
I was able to buy a Lew’s Mach 2 combo for $90 vs the MSRP of $169, Googans for $5.25, Zoom Flukes for $1.64, etc. i could load up for 25% off on most items.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/30/19 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by slim 285

Yeah I wanted to order some more jackhammers and figured 25% off sweet. Yeah they are normally $20 at dicks and $15 at Academy. I'll stick to Academy
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/30/19 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet

Originally Posted by slim 285

Yeah I wanted to order some more jackhammers and figured 25% off sweet. Yeah they are normally $20 at dicks and $15 at Academy. I'll stick to Academy

They are 25% off at land big fish - 11.99
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/30/19 06:45 PM

What he said, I will pay more someplace else. But that's just me.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/30/19 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Oldrabbit

Ditto
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 11/30/19 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

Ditto

Yep.
Posted By: lucky55

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 12/01/19 01:24 AM

I ordered rod from dicks once. arrived in a 8 ft long 4 inch square box. too bad it was folded in half in middle. cant believe they shipped it in that cheesy box. The ladies face at return counter when i flopped it up there and said it was a fishing pole was priceless.
Posted By: FewJr

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 12/01/19 03:44 AM

Just remembered I ordered a rod from Walmart, tip was broken when I unwrapped it. Took it back and sales rep for Walmart accused me of braking it. Never ordered anything from Walmart since.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 12/01/19 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Larry yank
That’s some odd thinking since Dicks hasn’t sold an AR since 2012 while the 35 Field and Stream stores nationally (that is 0.7 stores per state you are concerned about) pulled theirs in February 2018. Try buying an AR from Tackle Warehouse or Walmart. As a responsible gun owner and licensed to carry guy, I know the facts as compared to what the media and NRA has led the public to believe. Corporations have the right to determine their product mix based upon revenue and margins, just as you have the right to determine from whom you buy.
I was able to buy a Lew’s Mach 2 combo for $90 vs the MSRP of $169, Googans for $5.25, Zoom Flukes for $1.64, etc. i could load up for 25% off on most items.

it is not so much that they don't want to sell ar15s but rather the mentality behind their reasoning.
watched the ceo in an interview, he repeated this. “If we really think these things should be off the street, we need to destroy them,” said the retailer’s CEO.
https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/10/8/20904713/dicks-destroyed-guns-5-million-dollars

anyone that thinks legally owned weapons should be destroyed is not my friend nor a person I wish to do business with.
Posted By: Hair Jig

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 12/01/19 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
Originally Posted by Larry yank

it is not so much that they don't want to sell ar15s but rather the mentality behind their reasoning.
watched the ceo in an interview, he repeated this. “If we really think these things should be off the street, we need to destroy them,” said the retailer’s CEO.
https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/10/8/20904713/dicks-destroyed-guns-5-million-dollars

anyone that thinks legally owned weapons should be destroyed is not my friend nor a person I wish to do business with.

Exactly my point. And it's not "odd thinking" to withhold patronage to a company that tries to re-write the gun laws. Obviously it is their choice ..... As it is mine.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 12/04/19 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Neches

Originally Posted by BlueSkeeter13
I'll never spend another dime at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Like the fat kid in dodgeball....I’M OUT!!!!!
Posted By: Basscat8263

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 12/17/19 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
Originally Posted by tmd11111

Ditto

Yep.

Amen!
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: PSA!!!! Dicks Sports Sale!! - 12/17/19 06:44 PM

Dick's the name says it all!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum