Texas Fishing Forum

Any Brandy Branch Reports?

Posted By: LUguy08

Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 11/22/19 04:52 PM

I’ve never fished this body of water and it may be in play for me early next week. Anyone have any tips for this lake? How safe is it to run and where to avoid as well? Any info is appreciated.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 11/22/19 08:13 PM

I haven’t been on it for many years. I remember it has a hot water arm and a cold water arm.
East to run, once out of the launch cove. Hot water arm had loads of hydrilla and some nice deep timbered pockets. We caught fish in the timber on weightless senkos and punching grass with craws. I’m sure there will be some more posts with current info.
Posted By: hole drainer

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 11/23/19 02:19 PM

Right now it’s fishing a little tough . They have had the stacks off a few months and won’t be back on until mid December. They have pulled the lake down quite a bit cleaning there Scrubbers and cleaning the there waste pits. EPA has been cracking down on Welch , Martin creek and Welch over there waste ponds leaking.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 11/23/19 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by hole drainer
Right now it’s fishing a little tough . They have had the stacks off a few months and won’t be back on until mid December. They have pulled the lake down quite a bit cleaning there Scrubbers and cleaning the there waste pits. EPA has been cracking down on Welch , Martin creek and Welch over there waste ponds leaking.

This sounds like a carbon copy report for Lake Welsh.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 11/23/19 10:12 PM

TOUGH. Fished it 2 weeks ago. 6 hours. 2 guys. 1 fish. AWFUL.

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 11/24/19 01:41 AM

What’s the closest motel?
Posted By: mudd

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 11/24/19 02:31 AM

There all going to flipped to regular style fishing lakes. I’m told that’s why they are down for repairs. Haha
Posted By: andy52887

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 11/24/19 02:46 AM

Forkduc probably Marshall will be the best area.

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 11/24/19 05:04 PM

Thanks
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 11/24/19 06:40 PM

I'd stay in Longview, I believe it's closer. Nice Hapton in on the NE side of Longview.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 11/25/19 02:11 AM

Once they crank up the stacks they'll start spawning
Posted By: BassMan_2018

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 12/11/19 03:35 PM

The stacks still off? Whats the water temp there now?
Posted By: krthomas2

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 12/16/19 07:44 PM

Went yesterday, stacks fired back up last Monday. Water was 74 by the hot water outlet, 59 on the cold side of the lake. We fished 6 hrs. caught a 2 good keepers that looked spawned out and 7-8 smalls that were less than 10". All on the hot side of lake.

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 12/17/19 12:04 AM

Was there Saturday. Water was 61 on the inlet side, 63 on the discharge side. Lots of vegetation, but only 3 fish in 4 hours. Lake is very safe to run. We stayed at a Best Western in Longview; nice hotel.
Posted By: krthomas2

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 12/17/19 12:28 AM

That explains a lot. The water on the hot side was a little stained, they must’ve started letting out hot water Saturday night? It was my first time and my fishin partner said it wasn’t like it normally is for this time of year. We didn’t see any shore birds, bait fish or any fish activity on the top of the water. We went around to the cold side early afternoon and it had warmed up to 62. But we didn’t go all the way back because it got real windy. We did notice the hydrilla was turning brown on that side.
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 12/17/19 11:28 PM

There is a nice new hotel in Tatum about 12 miles from boat ramp.

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 12/18/19 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by elkhunter7x6
There is a nice new hotel in Tatum about 12 miles from boat ramp.

I chose the Best Western in Longview because I knew there was at least an unpaved field that I could park the Jeep/boat trailer if the parking lot was full. So many hotel/motels have just enough parking for an estimated amount of cars. The first time we ever fished Lake Kurth, we stayed at a hotel in Nacogdoches. The entire parking lot was consumed by tree cutting trucks and trailers. I have learned a lot of lessons about parking trailers since then.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 12/18/19 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rayzor

I chose the Best Western in Longview because I knew there was at least an unpaved field that I could park the Jeep/boat trailer if the parking lot was full. So many hotel/motels have just enough parking for an estimated amount of cars. The first time we ever fished Lake Kurth, we stayed at a hotel in Nacogdoches. The entire parking lot was consumed by tree cutting trucks and trailers. I have learned a lot of lessons about parking trailers since then.

We were fishing a tournament on Guntersville years ago and the parking lot was so narrow that there was no way we could get the boat out of its parking place to leave when it was time to go one morning of the tournament. Luckily for us we were able to wake up the owner of one of the vehicles and have him pull out so we could get out.

Hotel parking lots, especially the new ones built on the smallest possible parcel of land, are almost always a concern.

Re: Any Brandy Branch Reports? - 12/19/19 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Razorback

Originally Posted by Rayzor

We were fishing a tournament on Guntersville years ago and the parking lot was so narrow that there was no way we could get the boat out of its parking place to leave when it was time to go one morning of the tournament. Luckily for us we were able to wake up the owner of one of the vehicles and have him pull out so we could get out.

Hotel parking lots, especially the new ones built on the smallest possible parcel of land, are almost always a concern.

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum