Texas Fishing Forum

THANKFUL

Posted By: Jake F.

THANKFUL - 11/21/19 04:18 AM

As Thanksgiving is getting closer, I think it's important to remember as anglers that we are extremely blessed to be able to do what we do. The vast majority of us have the opportunity to fish weekly or monthly (some even daily). Nearly all of us have a boat or know someone who has a boat. We are constantly surrounded by others who share the same passion as we do, so we always have a fishing buddy to "dock talk" with. We have boxes full of tackle that we will most likely never use. Now a days, there are more rods, reels and baits than we can even fathom. We are extremely blessed to live in a country that has bass in the lakes and that has fishing on ESPN. There are 195 countries in the world, and we live in the one that is stacked with big bass. Be grateful for every cast, every morning spent on the water with a loved one, and every hook set that you put in a lunkers mouth. Not everyone shares this privilege with us. We all have something to be thankful for, so let's take a moment to be grateful for the awesome opportunity we have in our lives to fish. Never take it for granted!
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: THANKFUL - 11/21/19 01:40 PM

Great reminder. Sometimes I have to remind myself that waking up every morning in a warm bed, a pantry full of food, fresh water and the freedom to do whatever I want is a BIG DEAL.
Posted By: ToasterWEyes

Re: THANKFUL - 11/22/19 07:59 AM

Great post.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: THANKFUL - 11/22/19 11:20 AM

Amen, brutha….
Posted By: saibling

Re: THANKFUL - 11/22/19 12:42 PM

well said
Posted By: Hail Boy

Re: THANKFUL - 11/22/19 02:05 PM

rockon
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: THANKFUL - 11/22/19 02:09 PM

flag
Posted By: fatdad74

Re: THANKFUL - 11/22/19 08:46 PM

Well said texas
Posted By: NITRO Z8

Re: THANKFUL - 11/23/19 01:46 AM

Thank you for your post and you are point on and I hope every one reads the post . Thanks again :
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: THANKFUL - 11/23/19 01:56 AM

rockon
Posted By: Greg W

Re: THANKFUL - 11/24/19 04:56 AM

Thankful for my 1st grandson this year. One thing that takes precedence over fishing that's for sure.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: THANKFUL - 11/24/19 05:19 AM

I am thankful that the Lord Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior! angel2
Posted By: 1bassdaddy

Re: THANKFUL - 11/24/19 04:25 PM

Best post I've seen in awhile...nicely done!
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: THANKFUL - 11/24/19 08:07 PM

I'm thankful for getting to the lakes and back home safely. I travel up to four hours one way to fish our club tournaments. Have you ever thought about the miles traveled in your vehicle and on the water. Thank the good Lord for safe travel.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum