Texas Fishing Forum

Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW

Posted By: slim 285

Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/20/19 02:13 AM

Listened to Bass Zone today and he said he thought he would just take the year off and get his shoulder repaired. T
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/20/19 07:41 PM

He should. I think he's creeping up on 70.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/20/19 08:56 PM

I finally got the chance to listen, sure didn’t sound like he was in favor of the new FLW.
Posted By: Burgerboy

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/21/19 12:09 AM

I guess I had a different take. I felt like he would fish but with the shoulder injury, it afforded him some time to think on how he wanted to tackle it, and how long he would be on the bench, so he had not moved forward like he would in a normal offseason. The thing is , he is still very competitive for a guy that just turned 69 a few weeks after the season ended. We should all be that lucky.

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/21/19 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Burgerboy
I guess I had a different take. I felt like he would fish but with the shoulder injury, it afforded him some time to think on how he wanted to tackle it, and how long he would be on the bench, so he had not moved forward like he would in a normal offseason. The thing is , he is still very competitive for a guy that just turned 69 a few weeks after the season ended. We should all be that lucky.

He said that he cannot fish a mlf style tournament due to his hands. Why fish FLW when their championship and majors are every fish counts. He was just keeping from burning a bridge. Also stated that he doesn’t want to spend $40k on entry’s.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/21/19 03:00 PM

Larry is one of the good ones . I hope he is not thru tournament fishing .

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/21/19 06:18 PM

I think it is just how you interpret it. I do not think in the least that the hands are why he is not fishing the regular season knowing the championship would be a diff. format. He said if surgery went well and they could give assurance that fishing four of the 6 would not boot him, since he would not be Top 50 he would give it a genuine consideration. I am not saying he is favor of the new tour, I am saying I did not get that he was not even a little bit.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/21/19 08:31 PM

I think it is just how you interpret it. I do not think in the least that the hands are why he is not fishing the regular season knowing the championship would be a diff. format. He said if surgery went well and they could give assurance that fishing four of the 6 would not boot him, since he would not be Top 50 he would give it a genuine consideration. I am not saying he is favor of the new tour, I am saying I did not get that he was not even a little bit.

Thats what I got, he said if he was younger he'd be all over the MLF format, just knows at his age he can't hang.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/21/19 11:54 PM

A couple of people hate BPT so much they try to find things that aren't there. Larry could have said it was the greastest thing ever and goofy would interpret that Larry hates it.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/22/19 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

That's the 1st thing I thought of. He can do whatever he wants but shouldn't he be considering hanging them up?

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/22/19 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Dumbee
A couple of people hate BPT so much they try to find things that aren't there. Larry could have said it was the greastest thing ever and goofy would interpret that Larry hates it.

Silly fanboy, he didn’t say anything good about it and he’s not fishing it, so there you have it Dumbee. How many of the named anglers have said they are fishing the minor league FLW??????? Zero so far.

Well Cox is, but he’s fishing everything there is to fish.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/22/19 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rayzor
Originally Posted by reeltexan

That's the 1st thing I thought of. He can do whatever he wants but shouldn't he be considering hanging them up?

Why does he have to hang it up at 70? If he's still able and has the drive then I hope he stays around as long as he wants. Clunn has won a couple at his advanced age.

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/22/19 03:45 AM

Nixon might be holding out to see if the new tour kicks off in 2021.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/22/19 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

Silly fanboy, he didn’t say anything good about it and he’s not fishing it, so there you have it Dumbee. How many of the named anglers have said they are fishing the minor league FLW??????? Zero so far.

popcorn

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/22/19 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by grout-scout

popcorn

It’s pretty much a regular thing, kind of like brothers. I’m the smart one and he’s the not so smart one.

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/25/19 12:29 AM

No reason to call names. He said if he was young and his hands were better he would be absolutely interested. So I would say that is not him being negative about it at all. There are room for multiple opinions on this board. Give me a break.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/25/19 12:51 AM

No reason to call names. He said if he was young and his hands were better he would be absolutely interested. So I would say that is not him being negative about it at all. There are room for multiple opinions on this board. Give me a break.

I agree. Nothing wrong with anyones opinion. I don't have any problem with anyone that doesn't like any trail. He on the other hand can't stand BPT and bashes it and everyone that likes it. His reading comprehinsion is lacking. There are just a couple of guys that are just annoying with the nonstop nonsense on every MLF/BPT thread
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/25/19 02:10 AM

I know quite a few that aren't fishing flw next year. Going to be interesting to see where things stand after next year with the opens filled up.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/25/19 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
I know quite a few that aren't fishing flw next year. Going to be interesting to see where things stand after next year with the opens filled up.

I bet several guys that fished FLW in the past are going to hang around and take some Bass Champs and TTT money. Surprised me last year that BASS did not invite Castledine to the Elites.

Re: Larry Nixon’ decision on whether to fish FLW - 11/25/19 09:23 PM

Well, what do you know...Looks like another FLW angler is leaving. Things that make you go....hmmmmmmmm? Must be an awesome affair, since the majority of the named guys are leaving that organization.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum