Texas Fishing Forum

Lake welsh

Posted By: Skeeterboy86

Lake welsh - 11/19/19 01:41 AM

Ok guys taking the kid to welsh friday not looking for anyones honey holes just some general info is the lake still down are boat runs safe and hows the fishing been hate take my kid and have him strike out What are some good baits for him to throw his pb is 2.9 so hoping to beat that thanx
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Lake welsh - 11/19/19 02:26 AM

I had a friend go out last weekend and fishing was slow..
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Lake welsh - 11/19/19 12:20 PM

If you can, best bet to take the kid for a great fish catching outing would be Squaw. Guaranteed to get bit!
Posted By: Tjbev13

Re: Lake welsh - 11/19/19 01:07 PM

Just my 2 cents. Me and buddy went about 2 weeks ago, caught 50 +/- a few and not one was over 2lbs, bunch of dinks. Water is incredibly low right now, if you dont know the safe areas to run, i wouldnt run at all. Big rockpile and huge stumps on your way to the dam, and heading north is a minefield.

Re: Lake welsh - 11/19/19 02:04 PM

Thanx guys for the info breakin his pb would be awsome but just to see him catch some would be great any certain colors or baits for this time of year

Re: Lake welsh - 11/19/19 02:07 PM

Ive never beein to squaw how far is that from the atlanta tx area
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Lake welsh - 11/19/19 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Skeeterboy86

just go to Welsh. Squaw is an hour-ish S. of Ft. Worth, maybe 45 minutes. If you're in Atlanta, just go to Welsh
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Lake welsh - 11/19/19 02:17 PM

Watermelon red sensors, chartreuse dip weightless t rig
And a black blue t rig power worm
Buzz baits over the grass
Posted By: Bass Anonymous

Re: Lake welsh - 11/19/19 03:49 PM

Was out a few weeks ago, if you're not that familiar with the lake, I would recommend going to Squaw. Saw a guy hit a big rock by the launch ramp with his prop. On the bright side, we caught a lot of fish!
Posted By: DJB

Re: Lake welsh - 11/20/19 11:59 AM

If the water drops 6 more inches itll be almost impossible to use that ramp.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Lake welsh - 11/20/19 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Skeeterboy86

Way too far for a day trip. It's four hours one way. Welsh is the place to go. Just idle everywhere you go with motor trimmed up. It's that dangerous over there. Throw a weightless senko in your arsenal, too. GL...I hope your son busts his PB!
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Lake welsh - 11/20/19 08:47 PM

I send you a PM.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Lake welsh - 11/20/19 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Allen Bass Fisher
I send you a PM.

Well then send me one...lol
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Lake welsh - 11/20/19 09:53 PM

You already know what I sent him grin
Posted By: LUguy08

Re: Lake welsh - 11/21/19 01:07 AM

I’m planning on going this coming Tuesday so hopefully there won’t be a lot of traffic. I have a 2WD with aluminum boat, so I’m hoping I will be safe to launch. Any tips appreciated. I am usually throwing around shallow grass this time of year, but am welcome to any new ideas.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum