Texas Fishing Forum

BPS 100mph bibs too long

Posted By: Fishingfox

BPS 100mph bibs too long - 11/12/19 04:00 AM

Guys, anyone have any experience having their 100mph bibs altered/shortened? I’m 5’7” , wear a large, but the bibs are way too long.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: BPS 100mph bibs too long - 11/12/19 02:19 PM

Not that specific brand but have had pants/bibs altered at a local (and reputable) alterations shop. Ask around in your area especially where material is sold. Somebody knows sombody who does a good job. I'm 5'8" but the 8 is my legs so I feel ya. cool
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: BPS 100mph bibs too long - 11/12/19 02:31 PM

Same for me 5’8”. My concern is the velcro straps, in getting everything right and putting new stitching in the gortex. So I have just bunched and strapped on the top of each foot and just pulled them up all day.
Posted By: coachmas

Re: BPS 100mph bibs too long - 11/13/19 02:55 AM

I have an older set of Cabelas Guidewear, you could by them in “short” “regular” or “long”. I’m right in between short or regular at 5’9”.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: BPS 100mph bibs too long - 11/13/19 04:34 PM

I would love to find a "short" rain suit...I'm 5'6" and have issues with this very thing.

Maybe I could get a kick starter together to create a vertically challenged rain / hunting apparel company.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: BPS 100mph bibs too long - 11/13/19 05:15 PM

I would just buy some pants that fit, I have bought the bibbs for my 100mph suit and my qualifier bps suit which is lighter, the qualifier has no front zipper wtf...,

I dont like the bibs for the most part and carry some black rain pants in my boat instead.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: BPS 100mph bibs too long - 11/13/19 06:36 PM

iron on patches, cut in half, turn bibs inside out, fold legs back to length you want and use iron on to fasten to inner leg liner. use a damp towel over the iron ons and liner to keep it from getting too hot.

not the best but is the easiest and can be undone easy enough if needed.
Posted By: squib

Re: BPS 100mph bibs too long - 11/13/19 08:16 PM

I feel you . Not the tallest guy myself.

Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: BPS 100mph bibs too long - 11/13/19 08:40 PM

Wished I had this problem.

Im on the other end of things. I cant find suits long enough.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: BPS 100mph bibs too long - 11/13/19 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
I would just buy some pants that fit, I have bought the bibbs for my 100mph suit and my qualifier bps suit which is lighter, the qualifier has no front zipper wtf...,

I dont like the bibs for the most part and carry some black rain pants in my boat instead.

I don't like bibs either so I got a pair of Columbia goretex pants and love them. I wear jeans under them and stay dry and warm.
Posted By: Fishingfox

Re: BPS 100mph bibs too long - 11/14/19 10:16 PM

Coachmas, That is exactly what I’m wearing now, but will need to replace eventually.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: BPS 100mph bibs too long - 11/15/19 01:54 AM

Youll need to get the legs cut off above the zippers and sewn back on any seamstress can do it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum