Texas Fishing Forum

Baccarac

Posted By: ibfishin2

Baccarac - 11/12/19 01:13 AM

Just returned from Lake Baccarac with Doug King/Pro Bass Adventures. Having fished Lake Comedero & El Salto many times I was interested in how it would compare. NO COMPARISON! This place was awesome.

First of all, NO nets to contend with as you have at El Salto. Lake is similar to Comedero as far as structure but larger. Not much pressure on lake , maybe 30 boats on lake total. Lots of open water to fish. Fishing was fantastic. In four days I caught one over 10 lbs, couple nines, 3 eight pounds and numerous 5-7 lbers. Largest fish in our group sea a 12.8!!! Guide said he had a couple in the 15 lb. range last season. In comparison my last 4 trips to El Salto my big fish was 7 1/2 lbs.

Was surprised little action on top water or crank baits. Majority of fish caught on 3/4 oz swing head jigs with Strike King Rage craws and 7" senkos texas rigged on 3/8 oz. sinkers.

Lodge very nice with private rooms and large dinning area with great food. Guides were good. Fished out of Pangas that had a lot of room. Guide runs boat from back with manual trolling motor and did very good job keeping us in position. This is my 15th trip to Mexico and this is the only lake I will do in the future.

Down side.....you need to fly into Mazatlan and it is a 5 hour shuttle to Lake. $800.00 shuttle price we split amongst four anglers. Cost 5 nights/4 days fishing excluding tips was $2000.00pp
Posted By: dudley44

Re: Baccarac - 11/12/19 09:22 PM

what camp did you fish out of???

Re: Baccarac - 11/13/19 03:30 PM

see posting
Posted By: chmp186

Re: Baccarac - 11/13/19 06:00 PM

Baccarac is a crazy good lake, going back in February. The best route from the Dallas area, that I have found, is to go through San Diego and use the Cross Border Xpress bridge to the Tijuauna airport and then fly into Los Mochis. Less two hours from airport to lodge with no additional cost for ground transport.
Posted By: Stratos2011

Re: Baccarac - 11/13/19 09:14 PM

I will be going in Feb as well, I cant wait. I'm going though Lake Baccarac Lodge.
Posted By: dudley44

Re: Baccarac - 11/14/19 01:14 PM

so I guess it wasn't Baccarac Lodge???
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Baccarac - 11/14/19 02:05 PM

According to the post ,it is not!

Re: Baccarac - 11/14/19 02:33 PM

As stated in original post, the outfitter was Doug King with Pro Bass Adventures. He's the best!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Baccarac - 11/14/19 02:38 PM

I saw where Mike Bucca is getting a group together for about 2k each next year. Look for him on Facebook. They just got back and wrecked the big fish
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Baccarac - 11/14/19 02:41 PM

Does Terry Hollan still have a lodge there?
Does Doug have his own or share one ,like Salto?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum