Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Medina

Posted By: Smurfs

Lake Medina - 11/07/19 11:36 PM

Wife and I are thinking of heading that direction for the winter. Was curious if anyone on here has fished or is familiar with the Lake?
Thanks
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Lake Medina - 11/08/19 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Smurfs
Wife and I are thinking of heading that direction for the winter. Was curious if anyone on here has fished or is familiar with the Lake?
Thanks

Very familiar with this lake and glad you are wanting to visit, however it could be a challenge during wintertime as its a deep clear lake.

Debra smile
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Lake Medina - 11/08/19 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Smurfs
Thanks

Prepare to fish deep in the winter. Jigs off of ledges in 15ft+ depth will yield results. The lake is still in recovery from the drought from 2012-2015. The fingerlings they stocked in 2016 are getting to be keeper size.
13"-14" fish is what you can expect to catch.

You can also try Canyon. It has a sizeable population of smallmouth more inline with winter fishing. Ledges and large flats in 15ft+ are your best bets. Jigs and tubes work well.
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Lake Medina - 11/08/19 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rickmb
[quote=Smurfs] The fingerlings they stocked in 2016 are getting to be keeper size

Great input Rick, the 200,000 TP&W bass stocking was in June 2015 and they are finally starting to show some growth as you stated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7LaYth_sHM

Debra smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum