Texas Fishing Forum

Update on Bois D’Arc

Posted By: Colton D

Update on Bois D’Arc - 10/31/19 02:18 AM

Saw today on Facebook where TPWD were stocking a pond that will be a part of the new lake with 2000 sharelunker genetic fingerlings. That makes me feel positive as I thought it was just going to be a watering hole. I went over the county road that will be underwater in the middle of the lake the other day and they were clearing out 90% of the timber in that area all the way to the dam. That kinda stinks but maybe the southern end towards Bonham will be untouched, idk..
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Update on Bois D’Arc - 10/31/19 11:32 AM

I'd take a LOT of pics if I drove that road frequently!! Once flooded you'll have a great idea of where stuff is and what it actually looks like!
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Update on Bois D’Arc - 10/31/19 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Colton D
Saw today on Facebook where TPWD were stocking a pond that will be a part of the new lake with 2000 sharelunker genetic fingerlings. That makes me feel positive as I thought it was just going to be a watering hole. I went over the county road that will be underwater in the middle of the lake the other day and they were clearing out 90% of the timber in that area all the way to the dam. That kinda stinks but maybe the southern end towards Bonham will be untouched, idk..

Everything west of the bridge is being left except for a 100 yard boat lane. It is getting exciting. I went up there taking pictures of some items for reference a couple of months ago.
Before they stocked them, they removed all existing fish populations from the tanks in the watershed.
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: Update on Bois D’Arc - 10/31/19 02:39 PM

Hope you had a GPS in hand marking some future spots! woot
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Update on Bois D’Arc - 10/31/19 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck72

That's what I was thinking, now is the time to mark some waypoints.
Posted By: Kodyjoe

Re: Update on Bois D’Arc - 10/31/19 03:53 PM

I drive down there about 3 times a week and look at what they are doing Got permission from lot my friends to drive on there places but they cutting all the timber down so not a lot to take pictures of
Posted By: SmalljawNH

Re: Update on Bois D’Arc - 10/31/19 07:46 PM

Have they published any proposed timelines of when the lake will be full pool and when they'll open it to fishing?
Posted By: Barn

Re: Update on Bois D’Arc - 10/31/19 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by SmalljawNH
Have they published any proposed timelines of when the lake will be full pool and when they'll open it to fishing?

Scheduled to start filling up a year from now.

https://boisdarclake.org/construction/schedule-status-construction-alerts/
Posted By: Rog

Re: Update on Bois D’Arc - 11/01/19 01:29 AM

YouTube has some videos.

https://youtu.be/GfsyzydqxFg
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: Update on Bois D’Arc - 11/01/19 02:50 AM

I see a bunch of homes sitting in the soon to be lake. The city buys the property owners out correct?
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Update on Bois D’Arc - 11/01/19 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jersey Dan
I see a bunch of homes sitting in the soon to be lake. The city buys the property owners out correct?

Yes, It's called Imminent Domain, Someone pays them fair market value for their property
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Update on Bois D’Arc - 11/01/19 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by EastTexasBassin
Originally Posted by Chuck72

That's what I was thinking, now is the time to mark some waypoints.

Should be a nice new lake for NE Tex. For those scouts out there before the lake fills get the GPS coordinates for the windmills and you will have the upper hand when the lake opens.
bolt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum