Texas Fishing Forum

Falcon

Posted By: Larry Mosby

Falcon - 10/29/19 09:02 PM

Whens the best time to fish Falcon?
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Falcon - 10/29/19 09:48 PM

My best advice is go to Fresh Water Fishing Reports. Look at what the Guides on Falcon have been doing each month. Go back as far as you can and make the determination for yourself. It really depends on how you are going to fish and with which techniques.
- My best Spinner Bait month is late Dec. and early Jan.
- My best pitching and flipping month in the bushes is Feb.; but you really have to keep up with the cold fronts and water temp.. It needs to be a very mild Winter.
- My best deep water bite is March on several slopes next to the river channel; just outside some of the best Spawning Coves. Big Bass stage back up after spawning on these slopes in big numbers. This is where my larges stringer came from.
Posted By: katjim

Re: Falcon - 10/30/19 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Donald Harper
My best advice is go to Fresh Water Fishing Reports. Look at what the Guides on Falcon have been doing each month. Go back as far as you can and make the determination for yourself. It really depends on how you are going to fish and with which techniques.
- My best Spinner Bait month is late Dec. and early Jan.
- My best pitching and flipping month in the bushes is Feb.; but you really have to keep up with the cold fronts and water temp.. It needs to be a very mild Winter.
- My best deep water bite is March on several slopes next to the river channel; just outside some of the best Spawning Coves. Big Bass stage back up after spawning on these slopes in big numbers. This is where my larges stringer came from.

Some detailed note keeping right there. Good info
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Falcon - 10/30/19 01:57 PM

I dont know that there is a "bad" time to go down there. My favorite is probably late January though.

Muy grande pescas con el spinnerbaitos
Posted By: JimmysteedLFGS

Re: Falcon - 10/31/19 01:37 AM

Every yrs a little different, hard or mild winter, lake levels
but typically Jan/feb July/aug for a shot at a “BIG” fish,
Apr/May numbers and still a shot at some nice ones they just
still seem a little light from the spawn.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Falcon - 10/31/19 03:33 AM

If water temps are into the 60's after Christmas it's usually getting good. Best trip I ever had was just before New year's and temps went from 57-58 to about 63-64. It was amazing
Posted By: Larry Mosby

Re: Falcon - 11/01/19 08:34 PM

Thanks y’all for the response!
Posted By: Igofish2

Re: Falcon - 11/01/19 09:55 PM

As with any lake in Texas in the winter/spring, even Falcon. Plan on about 3 days out of the week long trip. That you're there it's good conditions for fish'n.
If you're lucky 4 days.
If you ain't '0' days.
Posted By: TxRabbitBane

Re: Falcon - 11/03/19 02:51 AM

When the wind isn’t out of the South at 30+MPH.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum