Texas Fishing Forum

Sam Rayburn 27 Oct

Posted By: bassmanrudy

Sam Rayburn 27 Oct - 10/29/19 11:06 AM

So how many times have you EVER seen Rayburn this calm?!?! Looking from Buck Bay towards the dam. I know I haven't! Could run wherever we wanted lol. But anyways day started off chilly but warmed up nicely. We caught 8-9 fish but only 3 keepers, 2 flipping but most on a chatterbait. Mostly targeting lily pads/haygrass but tried a few deeper spots. Lake was heavily stained in some spots but 90% of what we fished was really clear. With the lake being low there were def some stumps exposed that I hadn't seen before. Water temp from 61 to 74 by the time we left.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Sam Rayburn 27 Oct - 10/29/19 11:31 AM

That is nice there! Don’t see it like that often!
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Sam Rayburn 27 Oct - 10/29/19 01:20 PM

I like your deck padding!
Posted By: Clark Reehm

Re: Sam Rayburn 27 Oct - 10/29/19 01:24 PM

And the craziest part about the calm day is it came on a Sunday! We get a lot of days like that on Monday-Thursday.
Posted By: Gungle

Re: Sam Rayburn 27 Oct - 10/29/19 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

Me too! How about a pic of that?

Cheers, cheers

George
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Sam Rayburn 27 Oct - 10/29/19 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

deck envy is real in iowa
Posted By: jbw3

Re: Sam Rayburn 27 Oct - 10/29/19 02:20 PM

please no deck pics
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Sam Rayburn 27 Oct - 10/29/19 06:23 PM

Days like that on Rayburn are horrible for fishing for me. Sounds like you had a good day and even better fishing day.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Sam Rayburn 27 Oct - 10/29/19 06:52 PM

cool- I was happy to see it!
Jeff- It's some 3/8" roll out padding from harbor freight. Wanted to give it a try and didn't care what it looks like! Def helps instead of standing on plywood!!
Clark- I'll def take it! Was going to go Sat but my buddy went and it was windy all day.
Gungle- I'll post a pic of it once I get home
jbw3- Just dEck pics NO other pics that have those letters!!
chance- I would have liked a little wind to help push the bait in the grass but since my wife was out with me I'm happy it stayed nice!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum