Texas Fishing Forum

Rayburn this morning

Posted By: Coolarrow

Rayburn this morning - 10/27/19 09:33 PM

Well started off awesome this morning. Second cast caught a 5 on a crank bait. Several 2 and 3 lbers on the same crank bait. 3 to 9’. Switch to a swim jig and went shallow. Fish got small. Still biting though. I was fishing the wind and noticed the trolling motor was just not keeping up as it normally does. It was bad so I headed in. Got home check voltage on the battery’s, I run a 24v system. I had lost one battery. Only 8v on it the other was 12.8v. 2015 dates on them. Time for a new set. The bait is really piling up.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Rayburn this morning - 10/27/19 09:53 PM

Nice report. Sorry your trip got cut short.

Re: Rayburn this morning - 10/27/19 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Donald Harper
Nice report. Sorry your trip got cut short.

Thanks Donald, the good thing is the ramp is only a few miles down the road. I think I’m going to replace the cranking battery to. It’s a 16 model. Don’t want any issues with the cold winter months coming.. lol
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Rayburn this morning - 10/28/19 08:42 PM

Duracell 31 AGM from Sam's club. Great trolling motor batteries

Re: Rayburn this morning - 10/29/19 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta

Thanks that’s exactly what I was thinking.. I have always used Interstate but I heard so many people say good things about the Duracell I figured I would use the Sam’s card for something besides giant packs of paper towels and toilet paper! Lol
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Rayburn this morning - 10/29/19 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Coolarrow

Thanks that’s exactly what I was thinking.. I have always used Interstate but I heard so many people say good things about the Duracell I figured I would use the Sam’s card for something besides giant packs of paper towels and toilet paper! Lol

They are rebranded Deka so they're quality
Posted By: cr2018

Re: Rayburn this morning - 10/29/19 04:14 PM

Great to hear you had a fun trip. I was there all weekend and caught quite a few fish as well including a couple 4lbers on a spinnerbait.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Rayburn this morning - 10/29/19 10:37 PM

Great price for that battery also as an added bonus from Sams club.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Rayburn this morning - 10/29/19 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Coolarrow

They are rebranded Deka so they're quality

Yep, made by East Penn.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum