Texas Fishing Forum

G-Force Prop Nut Stolen?

Posted By: CDMFish

G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/27/19 05:59 PM

Yesterday we had the boat trailered in the lake fork marina parking lot while we were weighing in at the THSBA tournament. We were away from boat for a while cause we ended up winning, but everyone does the same and we had our rods out on the deck. We brought the boat home and this morning I realized that the G-Force prop nut was gone. Has anyone else had them stolen? It’s always tight and we check it all the time. Just wondered if this has happened to anyone else.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/27/19 06:09 PM

No, but i would suggest not leaving rods out
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/27/19 07:17 PM

Pretty sad that someone would steal a $40 accessory.
Posted By: reelfast

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/27/19 07:24 PM

I tell my guys to go weigh in while I secure the boat. All that stuff cost to much to buy or replace now days. Don’t know how you can keep that from happening anyways. Take it off every time I guess. Never thought to much about somebody stealing one. Sorry man !! I hate thieves !! Probably some rich kid !!!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/27/19 07:59 PM

Had one come off while fishing Caddo.last year. Prop stayed tight and finished the day fishing for a few more hours with it missing. You sure it did not fall off? I check mine every trip now and its occasionally a little loose.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/27/19 09:40 PM

I had one almost fall off. Mine was on maybe by a thread. I noticed it at home so who knows how long it was that close to falling off.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/28/19 01:08 AM

I found mine in the bottom of my boat a few weeks ago. I never Check it but will now
Posted By: SC-001

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/28/19 01:21 AM

They fall off if you don't keep and eye it and tighten them.
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/28/19 02:03 AM

Hey guys, just a thought but maybe put a little fingernail polish on the threads. This will set the threads but still come loose pretty easy.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/28/19 02:19 AM

We were parked there too with all gear on the deck and no issues. I have caught mine loose as well, as rough as the lake got Sat, I bet it may have fallen off vs being stolen

Congrats on your kids doing well! That was a tough day, we ended up with a limit and culled a couple but man has that lake become a huge disappointment

We were there for BERKLEY Bass Champs too and it was a popcorn fest that weekend too

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/28/19 01:37 PM

Yeah that lake can be tough but we figured it out. Anyways I always make sure to tighten it and it’s always tight, so just wanted to see if anything has happened to anyone else. Thanks for all the input
Posted By: hopalong

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/28/19 02:50 PM

red loctite will stop it from coming loose.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/28/19 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong

thumb
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/28/19 06:04 PM

Damn, mine gets so tight sometimes I have to put gloves on and hold the blade to get it off... I always check for fishing line at least once a month... Dan
Posted By: 361V

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/29/19 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Had one come off while fishing Caddo.last year. Prop stayed tight and finished the day fishing for a few more hours with it missing. You sure it did not fall off? I check mine every trip now and its occasionally a little loose.
This^^^^^ gets my vote. Of course I’m naive and want to still believe in mankind! They do loosen up occasionally.
Posted By: squib

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/29/19 01:27 PM

So people pay $50 for a prop nut that spins off the prop?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/29/19 01:42 PM

It sucks to lose your nut

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/29/19 01:48 PM

Does everyone drill a hole in these in case your pin breaks so you can insert a screw driver and remove it still? I didnt until it happened to me and I had to cut the prop apart to get to the shaft.
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/29/19 07:12 PM

That will work...until you WANT it to come loose! Blue Loctite would be a better choice
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/29/19 10:20 PM

That's what I did on mine. Can still get it off but it takes some tools and a little time.

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/29/19 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by squib
So people pay $50 for a prop nut that spins off the prop?

yes

they also get too tight to remove. I had to use a pipe wrench to remove mine the last time. I put anti seize on it now on the o ring and threads.

Its only for my spare spare prop in my boat. I run a 3 blade kipawa on my ultrex.

Posted By: Rayzor

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/29/19 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Allen Bass Fisher

That's what I did on mine. Can still get it off but it takes some tools and a little time.

How about Teflon tape?
Posted By: skeeter james

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/30/19 01:08 PM

I was fishing a little local tournament and after weigh in I was getting my boat ready to leave and noticed the door on my depth finder open. I look and my map card is gone. Really??? Someone stole my map card during weigh in..
After that, I make sure everything that can be locked up is locked up...
Posted By: dk2429

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/30/19 03:35 PM

I'm sorry, but what's the point of this $50 prop nut that supposedly comes loose all the time....?

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/30/19 03:55 PM

To quite down your trolling motor, but it was on at the beginning of the weigh in unless it fell off on the drive home. But I always make sure it’s tight before and after every trip.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/30/19 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by dk2429
I'm sorry, but what's the point of this $50 prop nut that supposedly comes loose all the time....?

To me it wasnt about the noise of the trolling motor. I bought it because we have got line in our trolling motor while in the water and it is a pain to get the tools out to remove the original prop nut. I captained some high school kids a few weeks ago that got their line in the trolling motor, it took seconds to get the prop off , line out, prop on and back to fishing.
Posted By: squib

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/30/19 05:44 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/30/19 06:01 PM

[Linked Image]

You go ahead with that if that works for you. I will sit here my G-Force Prop Nut and not judge how you spend your money. Trust me, this prop nut isnt the most ridiculous $50 I have spent.
Posted By: TDR2

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/30/19 06:16 PM

Mine gets so tight that I have to use a large set of pliers to get it off. It warped the plastic inside the prop from twisting. Anyone else ever experience that?
Posted By: criglizard

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/30/19 07:34 PM

Used one that I won at the Skeeters Owners tournament. It got way too tight and pushed the prop so that it scratched the hub behind the prop (only hand tightened). Not sure it was related by my armature failed shortly after removing the G Force.

Looks cool, doubt it makes much of a difference, if any.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/30/19 10:18 PM

[Linked Image]

Honestly that's what Im thinking.. Lol, I swear fishing has turned into a sport where you HAVE TO HAVE the most expensive, ridiculous products in the world to catch fish. I've never had an issue with any factory prop nuts on any trolling motor.... People just fall for gimmicks too easy I guess.

Don't get me wrong, I have high end gear and I love it, but a prop nut that is $50 is just going too far.... I mean really
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/30/19 11:53 PM

I bought one simply because I wanted one first and foremost. Seems the last 5 years or so that they hse a pretty brittle plastic formulation for trolling motor props and i've broken a handful just fishing. I like the quick change access with no tools needed the prop nuts allow. And I like the way they look. Heck I like it so much I bought a replacement the day after my first one was lost in the lake. Until someone is chipping in on the cost of what I choose to buy i don't give much thought to what they think of how I spend my money.

Now 99% of the people that have owned a bassboat knows you constantly need to check things like jackplate/transom bolts, air pressure on trailer tires, battery connections, outboard prop shaft and such so taking 5 seconds to check my TM nut probably will not kill me.

Of course those that are concerned with how folks spend their money will probably have a different take.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: G-Force Prop Nut Stolen? - 10/31/19 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I bought one simply because I wanted one first and foremost. Seems the last 5 years or so that they hse a pretty brittle plastic formulation for trolling motor props and i've broken a handful just fishing. I like the quick change access with no tools needed the prop nuts allow. And I like the way they look. Heck I like it so much I bought a replacement the day after my first one was lost in the lake. Until someone is chipping in on the cost of what I choose to buy i don't give much thought to what they think of how I spend my money.

Now 99% of the people that have owned a bassboat knows you constantly need to check things like jackplate/transom bolts, air pressure on trailer tires, battery connections, outboard prop shaft and such so taking 5 seconds to check my TM nut probably will not kill me.

Of course those that are concerned with how folks spend their money will probably have a different take.

This ^^

I've always said you do you and I'll do me... everything else will work itself out
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum