Texas Fishing Forum

Dobyns Rods

Posted By: j3x

Dobyns Rods - 10/26/19 08:49 PM

Where around the lake fork are can i find the best selection of Dobyns Fury rods on hand not to order? Looking for a Fury 664C.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Dobyns Rods - 10/26/19 09:35 PM

Lake Fork Resort and Oak Ridge, usually both have good supply of them.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Dobyns Rods - 10/26/19 10:04 PM

Lake Fork tackle used to carry then. I have not been in there in about a year though.
Posted By: j3x

Re: Dobyns Rods - 10/26/19 10:06 PM

Thanks for the replies.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Dobyns Rods - 10/26/19 10:28 PM

Lake Fork Resort, ask for Ernie.
Posted By: Clint H.

Re: Dobyns Rods - 10/27/19 12:27 AM

could go to the dobyns warehouse in sulphursprings
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Dobyns Rods - 10/27/19 01:12 AM

Ernie at lake fork resort can fix you up! The main warehouse really wants people to buy from the local dealers. That’s the way it should work.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Dobyns Rods - 10/27/19 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by ko bass attack 27
Lake Fork Resort, ask for Ernie.

Yep
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Dobyns Rods - 10/27/19 01:59 AM

My Fury rod is not as stout as the better ones. I have a Champ H, Champ Extreme MH, and Fury MH. The Fury MH feels closer to a M than a MH to me.
Posted By: jfdawson

Re: Dobyns Rods - 10/28/19 04:34 PM

As mentioned, your best bet is to travel 30 minutes north to Sulpher Springs and go directly to Doybn's warehouse/office. If you call ahead, they can pull any of the rods you want to see and have them ready at the counter as soon as you walk in. The only negative is I don't believe they are open on Weekends.

in my experience, the dealers around lake fork don't have a wide selection unless you get lucky and find the exact 2 rods you want to compare. It's just not feasible for a small dealer to carry every model of every series, etc..
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Dobyns Rods - 10/29/19 10:06 PM

Like others have suggested, go see Ernie at Lake Fork Resort. If he does not have it in stock he can get it for you. I get all my Dobyns rods from Ernie.

While you are there, look at the Sierra line of Dobyns rods also. I have several of those and really like them.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Dobyns Rods - 10/29/19 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by jfdawson
As mentioned, your best bet is to travel 30 minutes north to Sulpher Springs and go directly to Doybn's warehouse/office. If you call ahead, they can pull any of the rods you want to see and have them ready at the counter as soon as you walk in. The only negative is I don't believe they are open on Weekends.

in my experience, the dealers around lake fork don't have a wide selection unless you get lucky and find the exact 2 rods you want to compare. It's just not feasible for a small dealer to carry every model of every series, etc..

Ernie has a ton of Dobyns rods in stock. Have you been in Lake Fork Resort? Ernie is NOT a small dealer of Dobyns rods.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum