Posted By: Clay Shipe

Lowrance Ghost - 10/25/19 03:49 PM

Who ordered one?
Posted By: ZX4545

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/25/19 04:29 PM

Should be able to hear 'em coming. Noisiest TM on the market
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/25/19 07:14 PM

I ordered one, supposedly could receive it late November.

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/25/19 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by M_Mayben

I’ve heard the complete opposite
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/25/19 10:23 PM

Waiting on mine.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/25/19 11:29 PM

Why? How's it better than an ultrex?
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 12:07 AM

I’m hoping it’s better than my Ultrex and I’ll get one, but I’ll let y’all test em first, lol!
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 12:20 AM

I am trying to think how it could be better than an Ultrex with spot lock. Having trouble here.
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 01:00 AM

Wait till you have a problem with it and you'll wish you had your ULTREX back! Lowrance has poor customer service! thumb

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
I’m hoping it’s better than my Ultrex and I’ll get one, but I’ll let y’all test em first, lol!

I’ll be your lab rat amigo, my buddy order the Tour Pro and I the Ghost. We will be one of the few that will give an honest review, no sponsors giving us a discount. cheers
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

I’ll be your lab rat amigo, my buddy order the Tour Pro and I the Ghost. We will be one of the few that will give an honest review, no sponsors giving us a discount. cheers

I’m sure it will be awesome Mike, I know Lowrance gets a bad rap for CS but I didn’t have a bad experience with them. I like a market with many options, makes every manufacturer work harder to produce a better product. cheers
Posted By: Jerrel/Z521

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 01:47 AM

I'm getting a ghost
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 02:16 AM

you got the ghost?

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 02:17 AM

you got the ghost?

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

you got the ghost?

Not yet, I meant we both placed orders. Supposed shopping date is mid November, we shall see, I’m kinda doubting it.

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 02:44 AM

you got the ghost?

Not yet, I meant we both placed orders. Supposed shopping date is mid November, we shall see, I’m kinda doubting it.

let us know when you get it, I am curious about it
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 04:17 AM

Ditto! I am curious about it, too! Mainly if it’s noisy when the head turns. The ultrex is very noisy when it turns!!

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 04:18 AM

you got the ghost?

let us know when you get it, I am curious about it

Yes sir, I’ll post the good & bad. For the price, I’m hoping for good, first gen might bite me in the rear though.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 04:26 AM

The break away mount is what has my attention anyone who has snapped the Ultrex in half is begging for a more durable motor
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
Ditto! I am curious about it, too! Mainly if it’s noisy when the head turns. The ultrex is very noisy when it turns!!

My experience with the Ultrex….this is the only problem it has. I would still have one on the boat. Anxious to hear about Ghosts around Halloween....
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 12:21 PM

Brushless feature should cut down on noise.

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Clay Shipe

https://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-videos/MotorGuide-Lowrance-Garmin-trolling.html

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 01:34 PM

https://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-videos/MotorGuide-Lowrance-Garmin-trolling.html

Yeah that’s a real scientific video testing, lol. If you don’t think a fish can hear the ultrex going rrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr, can’t hear the prop swishing, transducers pinging, water slapping the hull and see a colored thing approaching then that’s a great video to base your opinion from. Did you notice how he try’s to downplay the Garmins noise???? roflmao........ “That VVVVVVVVVVVV noise you hear, isn’t really being heard, that’s just your imagination”.....

I’ll listen to the TM guru Mr. Jones on BBC, before I listen to a guy that has Garmin sponsorship. Mr. Jones has looked it over and said that’s it’s a very well built & thought out TM. Only time will tell if the components are good or not, but I think I’ll trust real consumers over a sponsored clown.

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 02:40 PM

Yeah that’s a real scientific video testing, lol. If you don’t think a fish can hear the ultrex going rrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr, can’t hear the prop swishing, transducers pinging, water slapping the hull and see a colored thing approaching then that’s a great video to base your opinion from. Did you notice how he try’s to downplay the Garmins noise???? roflmao........ “That VVVVVVVVVVVV noise you hear, isn’t really being heard, that’s just your imagination”.....

I’ll listen to the TM guru Mr. Jones on BBC, before I listen to a guy that has Garmin sponsorship. Mr. Jones has looked it over and said that’s it’s a very well built & thought out TM. Only time will tell if the components are good or not, but I think I’ll trust real consumers over a sponsored clown.

Maybe, maybe not...doesn't rip the MG however.

Regardless, all info is good info; my MK will stay bolted on.
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 03:03 PM

The Ghost does have some good features like auto positioning of the trolling motor for stowing and linking with the Lowrance.but that`s about it.

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 04:09 PM

[quote=Clay Shipe][quote=M_Mayben]Should be able to hear 'em coming. Noisiest TM on the market

Maybe, maybe not...doesn't rip the MG however.

Regardless, all info is good info; my MK will stay bolted on.

Why doesn’t he talk more about the MG? Gives it a 1/2 second word and moves to the Garmin for 3 mins, if that doesn’t show you how biased the video is, nothing will. Also, why was the force in crystal clear water and you couldn’t see the MG or Lowrance at all? Obviously not tested in the same conditions, we can’t even tell what speed he had them set too. The video is a joke, but it did get people talking about it.
Posted By: jumpnjohnfish

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 05:22 PM

I'm waiting for the Power Pole trolling motor to come out
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/26/19 07:51 PM

I still got my maxxumm dinosaur. crying
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/27/19 03:10 PM

Ultrex has a 3 year warranty as well. The amount of those having issues concerned me in regards to the Ultrex but one came stock on my new boat. So far so good. No complaints at all. There are things that interested me about the other brands as well and looking forward to seeing how they hold up and how they perform.

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/27/19 03:20 PM

Here is my take on the Ultrex, and WHY I sold my Ultrex. I fished the green lights on Cypress multiple times over the Summer with it on spotlock. Everytime I would get the fish to calm down and come back up so I could see them, the spotlock(after I hit anchor) would turn the head and they would scatter. They can hear that noise from 2 boat lengths away..... that told me all I needed to know. I sold it. I am hoping one of the new units is substantially more quiet or else I will just keep my foretrex. I can only imagine what that noise does to fish while fishing 12' away from a dock in 4' of water. I know there are multiple noises made in a boat that fish can feel... but this new noise seems to really spook them very easily.

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/27/19 04:30 PM

Here is my take on the Ultrex, and WHY I sold my Ultrex. I fished the green lights on Cypress multiple times over the Summer with it on spotlock. Everytime I would get the fish to calm down and come back up so I could see them, the spotlock(after I hit anchor) would turn the head and they would scatter. They can hear that noise from 2 boat lengths away..... that told me all I needed to know. I sold it. I am hoping one of the new units is substantially more quiet or else I will just keep my foretrex. I can only imagine what that noise does to fish while fishing 12' away from a dock in 4' of water. I know there are multiple noises made in a boat that fish can feel... but this new noise seems to really spook them very easily.

Kind of the same with me. I had a Terrova on my last boat, that thing was loud!
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/27/19 08:01 PM

If the Ghost will do what Lowrance says and if it is reliable it will be the best motor on the market imo. I am not scared, have an Ultrex for a spare if needed.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/27/19 08:53 PM

I didn't see this one getting out of hand lol
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/28/19 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
The break away mount is what has my attention anyone who has snapped the Ultrex in half is begging for a more durable motor

javascript: void(0)

Agree 100%. Gotta be something better then what they have.

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/28/19 02:00 PM

Lol, I come back from Broken Bow and see this. Wow. Yall need to relax a bit. Maybe visit Broken Bow or something.

To those who keep asking questions about this and that on the Ghost, do your research. Google is a great tool for that, there are plenty of comparison videos and spec sheets for anyone to view. I saw one video saying it was noisy but every other video i watched had the ghost being the quietest. The majority have the ghost beating the Ultrex in every category. My biggest categories are reliability and durability. It really doesnt matter if you think about it. A friend reminded me Ive probably got the loudest clunkiest Fortrex out there and i still catch fish so no big deal. I just thought Lowrance has been very good at competing in the fishing industry and something like this might be right up there.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/28/19 02:14 PM

unfortunately all this net talk is wasted because the new product has not been able to be tried by folks that have actually paid their money for one pretty much all the new products have a moving forward arrival date anymore.

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/28/19 02:20 PM

the ghost

[Linked Image]

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/28/19 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by ssmith
unfortunately all this net talk is wasted because the new product has not been able to be tried by folks that have actually paid their money for one pretty much all the new products have a moving forward arrival date anymore.

I did hear that they had a bunch out for review, mostly to pros and folks they trust. I think he said 40-50 units were on the water already and that they were receiving feedback, its probably more by now. Whether or not that is valuable is by opinion only. I mean the product is pretty much done and ready. I also saw the torture chamber for the units and it looked like they knew what they were doing. I just want a durable trolling motor, i have replaced parts every year on my Fortrex and i usually get about 3 trips out of the new parts then its back to making noise again.

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/28/19 02:51 PM

Clay, I want to hear your ghost when it comes in. I can make the trek to Grapevine one day when you will be on the water.

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/28/19 03:06 PM

Clay, I want to hear your ghost when it comes in. I can make the trek to Grapevine one day when you will be on the water.

I dont mind that at all if i decide to get one.
Posted By: CHUNK-N-WINDING

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/28/19 06:28 PM

Where did your buddy order the Tour Pro from, I am going to get one of these when they become available. I would get the ghost but a Lowrance Trolling motor won't work with Lowrance Gen2 units, but the Tour pro will. Go figure.

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/28/19 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by CHUNK-N-WINDING

Where did your buddy order the Tour Pro from, I am going to get one of these when they become available. I would get the ghost but a Lowrance Trolling motor won't work with Lowrance Gen2 units, but the Tour pro will. Go figure.

Little bit of bad advertising from Lowrance on this one. The ghost built in standard HDI transducer will work with a 7-9 adapter on the older graphs, it just won’t do all the fancy stuff that the newer graphs let it do. I’m going to be using my gen2 Touch models as well. At some point my graphs will break and then I can buy something that will network.

He ordered it from Tackle Warehouse and it still has an expected availability of January. We will see if any of them really come out when they are supposed too, I’m a bit doubtful right now.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/28/19 08:43 PM

I'm just glad there is finally some competition for the Ultrex. Should be a good thing for all of us, no matter what your brand alliance is. Still Amazing to me how long it took for competitors to catch up to MinnKota with an Ultrex comparable motor.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Lowrance Ghost - 10/28/19 11:28 PM

the new guys have not caught up yet we will see when they get the merchandise in the folks hands that pays the bill not folks that get them given to or retailers saying its the best thing since sliced bread.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum