Texas Fishing Forum

GV is low, but still rating high.....

Posted By: Okie Poke

GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/15/19 12:20 PM

They were on yesterday. Fished from 1pm-5pm. Best 5 went 23.5lbs. Boated prolly 25 including whites and smallies. Biggest was 7.4lbs. One bait...Bomber Model 6AFT in chartreuse. Fished main lake windblown banks and primarily, points. I threw the bait directly to the bank, not at an angle. Slowly crank it back hitting all the rock. Over half the bites came on stopping the CB. The fish are extremely shallow. Go have some fun!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/15/19 12:51 PM

How many bass per acre were there?

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/15/19 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Fishinfellow

It all depends if you were gathering and understanding the statistical mean or median, what probability of the random sampling occurred, was population at full parameter capacity, and was the hypothesis tests administered during feeding patterns or just fish cruising around.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/15/19 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Originally Posted by Fishinfellow

It all depends if you were gathering and understanding the statistical mean or median, what probability of the random sampling occurred, was population at full parameter capacity, and was the hypothesis tests administered during feeding patterns or just fish cruising around.

Does that mean 34??
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/15/19 03:37 PM

Great day of fishing for sure OkP)
(90% of the bass per acre are in 5% of the acres) crazy
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/15/19 03:51 PM

Dang, Okie - out of town at a conference, don't sore lip all the bigguns before I get back in town

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/15/19 04:31 PM

My calculations were 35, Ken. Dances, I'm hopping a plane to Denver in a minute. They're free reign. Getcha some. Uplake was better for big fish than downlake. Color was firetiger, not chartreuse. I've got to go buy a few more of those baits....old school bomber baits that work as well as any CB on the market.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/15/19 04:41 PM

Nice day. Great report.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/15/19 08:05 PM

Thanks for the invite.
Posted By: Lon Hagler

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/15/19 08:31 PM

That's a beauty.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/15/19 08:52 PM

Nice report.
Posted By: buda13

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/15/19 08:55 PM

Smallies and spotted bass were chewing last Sunday.. my brother caught his PB smallie 3.5 lbs, but the over largemouth weren't playing nice, only 1 largie over 18". The parking lot at Katies Woods was pretty empty, thought it wouldn't be a crowded day on the lake... boy was I wrong. Boats on every point from the damn to Bolo Point, twin had about 15 boats or so in it, Scotts had boats on every point and on every creek channel swing, Silverlake was the same as Scotts, McPhereson had a boat on every other dock. Seemed like everywhere we went there were boats on it... went and fished some stuff I hadn't looked at in years and caught em pretty good. Gun season for deer needs to come on and get here.... to many of yall still on the lakes. bolt
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/15/19 09:04 PM

Nice

Have all the wave machines turned in for the year? My boat can’t handle the waves on GV.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/15/19 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by buda13
Smallies and spotted bass were chewing last Sunday.. my brother caught his PB smallie 3.5 lbs, but the over largemouth weren't playing nice, only 1 largie over 18". The parking lot at Katies Woods was pretty empty, thought it wouldn't be a crowded day on the lake... boy was I wrong. Boats on every point from the damn to Bolo Point, twin had about 15 boats or so in it, Scotts had boats on every point and on every creek channel swing, Silverlake was the same as Scotts, McPhereson had a boat on every other dock. Seemed like everywhere we went there were boats on it... went and fished some stuff I hadn't looked at in years and caught em pretty good. Gun season for deer needs to come on and get here.... to many of yall still on the lakes. bolt

I couldn't agree more
Posted By: 521Rangerman

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/15/19 10:28 PM

Hey Tom,
You out on GV with guide Redranger? Looks like his boat with that red carpet. Nice report and catch.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/15/19 10:56 PM

Donkey
Posted By: imarangerman

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/16/19 07:54 AM

Nice job catching ‘em
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/16/19 01:57 PM

Awesome
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/16/19 10:42 PM

[Linked Image]

Small mouth chewed today, this is the largest of three, North banks 3/4 hot lips express rattle spoon
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/16/19 11:04 PM

Nice post and fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: Verkeith

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/16/19 11:27 PM

......planning to fish GV on Monday. I've never been or fished that lake. What ramp to use and where to target smallmouth?

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/21/19 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Verkeith
......planning to fish GV on Monday. I've never been or fished that lake. What ramp to use and where to target smallmouth?

I use the free ramp at Murrell. I just go fishing. Smallies show up in spots that I wouldn't think they'd be in so I just go fishing. It doesn't have to be rocky bluffs, bigger boulders, deep water, etc, etc. That would be a good start to try and target them, though. GOOD LUCK!!
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/21/19 10:58 AM

Think shallow rocks. For numbers. Watch for the birds on the bank. I like to use Meadamere ramp or McPherson. Spelling might be off this morning.
Posted By: buda13

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/21/19 07:55 PM

Still fishing pretty good on Saturday, boated 14 fish between daylight and noon. Quality was better this week overall but still struggling to find the 5+ lb largemouth. I know they are there and I know they are feeding somewhere... waiting to see the results from Sundays tournament, bunch of the Grapevine hammers fish that deal. Betting it still took 20-25 lbs to win and probably 18+ to get paid. No smallies for me this week either.

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/22/19 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Verkeith

I use the free ramp at Murrell. I just go fishing. Smallies show up in spots that I wouldn't think they'd be in so I just go fishing. It doesn't have to be rocky bluffs, bigger boulders, deep water, etc, etc. That would be a good start to try and target them, though. GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks, Okie Poke.
I didn't get a chance to go out yesterday. Deciding not to go after the storms blew through the area late Sunday and early Monday morning. I'm looking forward to going this coming Monday.

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/22/19 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce's Guide Service
Think shallow rocks. For numbers. Watch for the birds on the bank. I like to use Meadamere ramp or McPherson. Spelling might be off this morning.

Thanks for the info, Bruce

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/22/19 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by buda13
Still fishing pretty good on Saturday, boated 14 fish between daylight and noon. Quality was better this week overall but still struggling to find the 5+ lb largemouth. I know they are there and I know they are feeding somewhere... waiting to see the results from Sundays tournament, bunch of the Grapevine hammers fish that deal. Betting it still took 20-25 lbs to win and probably 18+ to get paid. No smallies for me this week either.

Sounds like a good day of fishing to me.
Thanks for the info, buda13

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/23/19 01:23 PM

I went yesterday and they're still biting. Biggest of trip is pictured, 5.85lbs. I knew it would be a beating with ABSOLUTELY no wind and high skies. I was wrong. I couldn't get the shallow bite so went deep with C-rig. Fished ledges with a watermelon fluke with dipped tail. Had some good fish but prolly only 15lbs for best 5. Had 3 overs. Bites came from 12-18ft deep.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/23/19 01:31 PM

Nice fish ^^^^
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/29/19 02:13 PM

Jesus Okie thats a pig of a smallie mate!

How props!
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/29/19 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

How props!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's a largemouth... roflmao
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/29/19 06:40 PM

How props!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rj74955

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/29/19 07:06 PM

How props!

I'm going to have to go back and look at the pictures you called smallmouth at Texoma now.

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/30/19 10:34 AM

How props!

It was a LMB but it had some real neat color.

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/30/19 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955

How props!

I'm going to have to go back and look at the pictures you called smallmouth at Texoma now.

No you dont have to bcs I did not catch any lol roflmao

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/30/19 01:58 PM

How props!

It was a LMB but it had some real neat color.

Yeah I just glanced on my phone and it looked brown. Ok so thats a big LMB but a [censored] SMB
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: GV is low, but still rating high..... - 10/31/19 03:40 AM

31000 post on a fishing forum and cant Id a fish. eek2
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum