Texas Fishing Forum

Anyone fishing Joe Pool ?

Posted By: 4Weight

Anyone fishing Joe Pool ? - 10/14/19 01:34 AM

Headed out for my first solo JP trip this week. Been there a couple of times. Not looking for specific info since I had a great guy show me some hotspots around the lake. Any intel on if the fish have come shallow and what they are eating would be very much appreciated. Excited to get out there with this nicer weather.

Thanks in advance !!

4W
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: Anyone fishing Joe Pool ? - 10/14/19 02:58 AM

4 Weight.. fished before the cold front went through so not sure what to tell you about post cold front conditions. But.. there is a ton of bait.. big time shad hatch this year and they are everywhere. The day I fished.. I found some 12"ers shallow around wood. I got one bite on a deep hump. The lake is about 3' down.. lowest I have ever seen it.
Good Luck
BD

Re: Anyone fishing Joe Pool ? - 10/14/19 03:09 AM

Bill

Great to know on the shad. Thanks for that. Will put in at Loyd and let you know how it goes. Thanks bud

4W
Posted By: wagonwheel

Re: Anyone fishing Joe Pool ? - 10/14/19 09:51 AM

I have not been out in a couple of weeks (work keeps getting me). I hope to go Tuesday at some point during the day. We'll see what happens--good luck.
Posted By: Burbarry

Re: Anyone fishing Joe Pool ? - 10/14/19 12:03 PM

I was out last weekend and caught about 5 1-2lb bass on a baby bass senco also caught a white bass on a crankbait.
Posted By: texasfisherman1

Re: Anyone fishing Joe Pool ? - 10/14/19 04:28 PM

Feeding on tiny shad, I've been throwing a small squarebill
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Anyone fishing Joe Pool ? - 10/14/19 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Durham
4 Weight.. fished before the cold front went through so not sure what to tell you about post cold front conditions. But.. there is a ton of bait.. big time shad hatch this year and they are everywhere. The day I fished.. I found some 12"ers shallow around wood. I got one bite on a deep hump. The lake is about 3' down.. lowest I have ever seen it.
Good Luck
BD

I could have sworn that I've seen it lower before but must have been wrong. I went out for the first time in months and did a night fish and accidentally beached my boat in an area that I have never had an issue with. Luckily at night I don't drive fast at night so it was more of an Oh [censored] moment and just let the waves push me off with no damage.

Re: Anyone fishing Joe Pool ? - 10/14/19 08:55 PM

I saw it on the TPWD website at 88.2 percent full as of today. That's down from 91% a month ago.
Posted By: James P.

Re: Anyone fishing Joe Pool ? - 10/14/19 09:15 PM

It’s been lower but it’s been awhile. I believe around 2008 it was 6+ ft low
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum