Texas Fishing Forum

First Timer on Richland Chambers Lake

Posted By: HawgWrangler

First Timer on Richland Chambers Lake - 10/11/19 09:08 PM

Hello All,

I am serving as a Substitute Boat Captain for the Texas High School Association. I have never been on Richland Chambers and hear mixed things about the fishing and the running a boat can be tricky.

I am mostly interested in the boat running so I can keep my anglers safe but I can accept any tips until Sunday night at 11:59 pm. I've search around online and there isn't much information about the lake, which is odd considering its size and close proximity to DFW.

Feel free to PM and Thanks for any assistance.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: First Timer on Richland Chambers Lake - 10/11/19 10:55 PM

I’m no good for help. I fish that lake a LOT. AND I hit a stump almost every time.

Best advise, if any doubt, idle. Period. Specially with it low.
Posted By: GODSDOZER

Re: First Timer on Richland Chambers Lake - 10/12/19 12:25 AM

Stumps everywhere especially in the arms.
Posted By: BorNella

Re: First Timer on Richland Chambers Lake - 10/12/19 03:32 AM

I'm out here right now and it is still pretty rough. Hopefully it calms down enough to get out in the am. Lake is low so be careful in both arms. There are stumps where there shoudnt be. Main lake all the way to the dam is mostly clear though. If you arent sure jut idle.

Re: First Timer on Richland Chambers Lake - 10/12/19 09:51 PM

Fished a tourney there today. The lake was pumpin out some biggins today. I know, cause I saw them at weigh in. Lol. The lake was nice today. Semi calm and easy to see the hull busters.

Fish came shallow on spinnerbaits and chatter baits. (Some of the big ones too). If you see Gar, don’t be afraid to fish around them. Just be ready to unhook some.
Posted By: BorNella

Re: First Timer on Richland Chambers Lake - 10/13/19 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Fished a tourney there today. The lake was pumpin out some biggins today. I know, cause I saw them at weigh in. Lol. The lake was nice today. Semi calm and easy to see the hull busters.

Fish came shallow on spinnerbaits and chatter baits. (Some of the big ones too). If you see Gar, don’t be afraid to fish around them. Just be ready to unhook some.

It was nice today and the fish were eating. What tournament was it and what won?
Posted By: MV

Re: First Timer on Richland Chambers Lake - 10/13/19 12:09 PM

Wind , lake can get pretty rough.

Re: First Timer on Richland Chambers Lake - 10/13/19 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sambow
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

It was nice today and the fish were eating. What tournament was it and what won?

Just a small local one. 20 boats or so. 25-something won. Paid 3 places. 22 was 3rd( with 3 fish!!!) . Me? I had 14lbs. Lol.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum