Texas Fishing Forum

Llano River Fishing

Posted By: BassinAg

Llano River Fishing - 10/07/19 05:27 PM

We took the kayaks up to Llano on Saturday and got on the river west of town around 8:00AM. We went upstream for a couple hours then returned and headed downstream for another 3 hours. Approximately 6 hours on the river and we boated 43 bass for the day. Lots of dinks in the group but we did get 6 over 2lbs. Everything was on plastics around grass or laydowns in the water. It was beautiful day on the water and the clear water made the fishing really fun.
Posted By: Lmgreeri

Re: Llano River Fishing - 10/08/19 03:48 AM

I've been wanting to take my yak up there and hit the Llano for a while now. I keep ending up on the Guadalupe. Gonna have to just force myself up there instead soon. I've always done well on LBJ and other Highland lakes including Buchanan.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Llano River Fishing - 10/08/19 12:09 PM

Could of caught even more if you had fished a jig head with a chartreuse curly-tailed grub attached! JK(sort of). Love me some Llano and South Llano Rivers! Rented a house directly on the river in Castell(between Mason & Llano) several times and camped and canoe/kayak fished out of the state park on S. Llano River outside Junction many, many times. Gems for sure.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum