Texas Fishing Forum

Who's Done This?

Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008

Who's Done This? - 10/07/19 05:12 PM

So you get to your honey hole, drop the trolling motor, spot lock on, you get your favorite jig out, slide the trailer on and toss it over the edge of the boat ready to flip it in. Its at that exact moment you realize you never tied it on to your line and your jig just went straight to the bottom of the lake.
Posted By: reelfast

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/07/19 05:27 PM

Done it several times. Cut the wrong side after retire in a hurry !
Posted By: jlp1

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/07/19 06:10 PM

Yep, more than once!
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/07/19 06:13 PM

UMMMM, if I said I've never done that, I'd be lying. So yup, been there, done that, bought the coffee mug
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/07/19 06:20 PM

I’ve done worse. Twice.

Fishing a tourney. I catch number 6. Out a cull tag on it. Get out the cull beam. Decide which is heavier, then throw the other into the lake. With the cull tag still on it. Once it was the heavier fish.

So, yeah, throw baits overboard all the time. Lol.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/07/19 06:23 PM

I did that twice last weekend. Don't think I'd done it twice in my life until then. Funny thing is my buddy did the same thing the weekend before when we were prefishing and I gave him so much chit for it then.
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/07/19 06:30 PM

My favorite was when I cut my braid with my scissors and then tossed the scissors instead of the line.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/07/19 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by bassnman
My favorite was when I cut my braid with my scissors and then tossed the scissors instead of the line.

I’ve got that award too. Lol

Luckily, I mostly break off hooks, so don’t have to retie them often. I retie a lot of cranks. Those at least float. Haha.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/07/19 06:34 PM

No I have not, I don't own spot lock.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/07/19 06:53 PM

Now this gave me a good laugh!!!!! Only because it sounds like something I would do. Haven't done it yet but I expect it will happen one day!
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/07/19 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower

Now this gave me a good laugh!!!!! Only because it sounds like something I would do. Haven't done it yet but I expect it will happen one day!

Happened to me yesterday. However I was in the garage so all I had to do was fish'em out of the garbage can. roflmao
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/07/19 08:38 PM

Done it with spinner bait, cussed, tied on another , cast and watch it fly away because I was mad and tied a bad knot. You just have to smile and sheepishly look around to see who witnessed your stupidity. Now I don’t toss them overboard any more
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/07/19 08:42 PM

I've done this no less than a dozen times. I am just as shocked at my stupidity every time it happens.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/07/19 09:03 PM

Pliers..... and worse, my buddy's pliers. I heard a splash, looked down, and the crank was still in my hand. hammer
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/07/19 09:14 PM

fishing a brush pile and breakoff,...grab the end off the line and retie, throw the jig back in the water turn around to get a drink and get hung again
in the same spot, without even touching the rod and broke off again,....... bang bang bang
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/07/19 11:31 PM

Yep. I am also really adept at re-tying my T-rig carefully to eliminate abrasion breaks ...only to find the weight lying peacefully alone on the carpet. cry
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/08/19 01:02 AM

Twice in one trip with a fully loaded A-Rig... bang
Posted By: Jeremyworm

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/08/19 02:09 AM

Been there and done that a few times
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/08/19 01:58 PM

Broke off a good fish in the timber with a spinner bait on Ray Roberts. Got out a new one (last one of the colot and size they were hitting), picked up my rod and dropped the spinner bait in the water next to the boat. Went to cast and that's when I rememberted I had not tied on the spinnerbait.

In a tournament, buddy of mine measured a fish then held onto the fish and threw the measuring board in the lake.

Different buddy, we there fishing Carolina Rigs in deep water on Fork. He was going tio make a cast, reared back and somehow the whole rod and reel slipped out of his hands and went flying into the lake. He reached down and picked up another rod and started casting. I said, do you want to try and snag that rod? He just looked at me with a deanpan voice and said "so you saw that" then he continued "Nah we are in deep water with trees no chance we will get it". So we kept fishing.
Posted By: 21sammy

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/08/19 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Scoundrel
Yep. I am also really adept at re-tying my T-rig carefully to eliminate abrasion breaks ...only to find the weight lying peacefully alone on the carpet. cry

This has happened to me more times than I can count
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/08/19 02:22 PM

Bought a$20 swimbait, first time to try it I cut the main line instead of thr tag, tossed it over the side. They dont float.

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/08/19 02:22 PM

Ah man, that sucks.

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/08/19 02:23 PM

eeks
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/08/19 03:10 PM

Lol
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/08/19 03:48 PM

wayyyyyyyy too many times for this one... def sucks!!
Posted By: markson

Re: Who's Done This? - 10/08/19 08:03 PM

I prefer to tie my T-Rig with a weight and a bead, and I feel really "special" when I tie it on with the bead on the line before the weight...Doh!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum