Texas Fishing Forum

Navionics vs C-map

Posted By: harvey walker

Navionics vs C-map - 10/04/19 01:24 PM

Before I seen good money for a map chip I like some input about the defferance in them. I been using the map that is built in the HDS and wonder if these chips are much better at showing points and creek beds.

I don't fish but maybe five lakes ( Waco, the River, Tradinghouse, Aquilla, and Whitney,

Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Navionics vs C-map - 10/04/19 02:30 PM

Perfect timing...NAVIONICS!

I have both Navionics and C-Map. C-Map is still fairly new and they are doing everything they can to get them updated. But I found that the Navionics chip is more up to date and has better contour definition.

I was getting frustrated with the C-Map chip as it seemed less intelligent than it should have been. So I went looking for another chip, I found a deal on a 2016 Navionics chip. To say that I'm impressed is an understatement. The one thing I can say is that the C-Map gives you more opportunity to zoom in, but that didn't seem to help me without the details.

FYI...I primarily fish Ray Bob, if that helps.

Re: Navionics vs C-map - 10/04/19 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
Perfect timing...NAVIONICS!

I have both Navionics and C-Map. C-Map is still fairly new and they are doing everything they can to get them updated. But I found that the Navionics chip is more up to date and has better contour definition.

I was getting frustrated with the C-Map chip as it seemed less intelligent than it should have been. So I went looking for another chip, I found a deal on a 2016 Navionics chip. To say that I'm impressed is an understatement. The one thing I can say is that the C-Map gives you more opportunity to zoom in, but that didn't seem to help me without the details.

FYI...I primarily fish Ray Bob, if that helps.

Was the C map chip the $99 one? What you said about them trying to catch up with Nav. is what I am worried about. I think I will try to get a used Nav. chip like you did. May be in a few years they will as good as Navionics, thank for the reply
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Navionics vs C-map - 10/05/19 02:13 AM

The C-Maps I got were the $199 chips that Lowrance had a special on FREE with purchase of graphs. I bought two graphs and received a West Coast and South chip. I lived in CA for a while and needed the West Coast chip...it was worthless. The South chip here is better, but I prefer the Navionics.

If you were closer, I'd let you try the chip while we go out at the same time so you could compare the two. You could see what I'm saying.

Re: Navionics vs C-map - 10/05/19 12:45 PM

I glad you got a deal on them and did not fork out $400 buck to be disappointed. My friend is a member of a bass club and he going to see if someone has a c-map chip I can do a demo with ( great mines think alike). He run's Navionics in his HDS and I going out with him next week.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum