Texas Fishing Forum

Best Used Boat?

Posted By: formula462

Best Used Boat? - 10/03/19 03:42 AM

If I wanted to spend under 35k for a bass boat(new or used)what should I be looking at? No less than 19' So far I have looked at a 2008 and 2009 Skeeter I20 both well outfitted one has 250 Yam 4stroke with 414 hours and one has Yam 250 2 stroke with 310 hours. I like Skeeter but I'm sure there are others to consider. Both of those I20 were asking in the low 30's. Thanks for any advice or opinions.
Posted By: old bob

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/03/19 12:10 PM

My fishing partner has a 21 Bullet in excellent condition with a 250 pro mercury. good electronics and ultrex that is one year old. Listed on Odessa, tx craiglist you might want to see. Low thirties..
rd
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/03/19 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by old bob
My fishing partner has a 21 Bullet in excellent condition with a 250 pro mercury. good electronics and ultrex that is one year old. Listed on Odessa, tx craiglist you might want to see. Low thirties..
rd

Tell your partner to list it on here. It's a clean looking rig.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/03/19 01:01 PM

You might be able to find a certificate or a boat won in a tournament if you're wanting new. Probably a 19ft though. Used you're looking at 10 year old boats if in the 20ft+ 250 class. As with anything, get the motor checked out. Look for something already rigged out too. Accessories and electronics get expensive if buying new
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/03/19 01:35 PM

Skip the yamaha 2 stroke HPDI.

You can get a very nice boat for 35k. I would be patient and keep looking.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/03/19 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by shotgunwilly

Agreed. thumb
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/03/19 04:36 PM

rd

Can you pm me a link?
Posted By: dillydilly24

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/03/19 04:40 PM

Nothing wrong with skeeters, but I love my bass cat
Posted By: Walls

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/03/19 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
rd

Tell your partner to list it on here. It's a clean looking rig.

+1, it should sell quick pretty quick on here or BBC. Good looking rig!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/03/19 05:26 PM

$35k should get you a REALLY nice, less than 10 yr old 21ft Skeeter. With a 250 SHO.

I have a friend that was in this situation a few months ago. Went to a dealer in E Tx and bought a LOADED ZX21 with a very low hour SHO 250. Dual poles, Lowrance HDS 10 and 7. Very nice trailer, looks like a brand new boat. I am sure he paid $40k out the door after taxes and title work. His boat looks showroom new.

Another friend bought a ZX225 for mid 30’s. Around the same price range your looking at.

Be patient and don’t buy an old POS. insist on less than 6-7 yrs old and gentle use.

I might have a lead, if he still has it, on a 2014 FX21 with low hours. I could have bought it for $35k. If I simply paid what he asked. I offered him $22k. Cash. $100 bills. He declined. Lol. It has original Lowrance graphs, dual Talons, and a 112 Fortrex. Dual console.

Don’t pay what these upside down boat owners THINK their boat is worth. Pay what YOU think it’s worth.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/03/19 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
I could have bought it for $35k. If I simply paid what he asked. I offered him $22k. Cash. $100 bills. He declined. Lol

Id say you tried to steal a boat.

You could get a new triton at a sealy event, the guys who were in the draw for the draw boat took 7500 each to walk away. So 15k for a supposedly 36k rigged boat.
Posted By: gogo1734

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/03/19 06:46 PM

I haven't had bad luck with my HPDI. Just make sure its a Series 2. They did have a lot of issues with the original HPDI.

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/03/19 08:06 PM

rd

Thanks I will check it out

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/03/19 08:12 PM

$35k should get you a REALLY nice, less than 10 yr old 21ft Skeeter. With a 250 SHO.

I have a friend that was in this situation a few months ago. Went to a dealer in E Tx and bought a LOADED ZX21 with a very low hour SHO 250. Dual poles, Lowrance HDS 10 and 7. Very nice trailer, looks like a brand new boat. I am sure he paid $40k out the door after taxes and title work. His boat looks showroom new.

Another friend bought a ZX225 for mid 30’s. Around the same price range your looking at.

Be patient and don’t buy an old POS. insist on less than 6-7 yrs old and gentle use.

I might have a lead, if he still has it, on a 2014 FX21 with low hours. I could have bought it for $35k. If I simply paid what he asked. I offered him $22k. Cash. $100 bills. He declined. Lol. It has original Lowrance graphs, dual Talons, and a 112 Fortrex. Dual console.

Don’t pay what these upside down boat owners THINK their boat is worth. Pay what YOU think it’s worth.

Good advice thanks trying to figure out the worth is a bit intimidating but yes I must be careful. Is a boat dealer a bad idea or would I get a better deal from individuals?
Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/03/19 08:13 PM

Absolutely have the motor checked out, doesn't matter if Mother Mary herself is selling it.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/03/19 08:15 PM

I know where there is a 2013 Skeeter 22 i class for around $35k
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/03/19 09:19 PM

I'd personally take a well taken care of HPDI over a SHO. Just my opinion but I haven't seen many SHO's with 1000 hours on the original powerhead.

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/04/19 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Chris B

I'd personally take a well taken care of HPDI over a SHO. Just my opinion but I haven't seen many SHO's with 1000 hours on the original powerhead.

This is the things I need to know.

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/04/19 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

Probably in the boats for sale section, huh?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/04/19 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by formula462

I am not sure if it is posted here or not. It's located in Mineola

here is a link to the boat though

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2318543785026705/

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/04/19 04:13 AM

I am not sure if it is posted here or not. It's located in Mineola

here is a link to the boat though

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2318543785026705/

Oh wow, yes that is nice, man if it just had p poles.
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/04/19 04:50 AM

Good advice thanks trying to figure out the worth is a bit intimidating but yes I must be careful. Is a boat dealer a bad idea or would I get a better deal from individuals?

Idk how you paying for it (cash or financing) but some banks are difficult to do boat loans with just because they don’t do them often. When I bought mine, my bank made it nearly impossible to buy from a individual.
Posted By: BaylorBass

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/04/19 05:44 AM

I'm a little biased, but I do believe the I class is one of the best riding boats out there. I have been in a bunch of different models and brands of bass boats and love mine. With that said I am looking to move on to a newer boat.

Shameless plug... My Skeeter 21i is repowered with a Yamaha SHO 250, has 3 graphs and an Ultrex and is for sale!... check out my ad for it

https://www.torwicksguidingservice....Skeeter-21i-with-Yamaha-250-SHO-FOR-SALE
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/04/19 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by COWBOYSFAN008
Absolutely have the motor checked out, doesn't matter if Mother Mary herself is selling it.

Agreed. Have a competent dealer check it out. Compression check on all the cylinders to make sure it is even across the board. Check grease in lower unit for water intrusion. The $150 you spend at a dealer could save you $5K.

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/04/19 01:19 PM

Like stated above, I will have to see if can get financed to purchase from individual. I like the I Class Skeeter.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Best Used Boat? - 10/04/19 02:06 PM

Like stated above, I will have to see if can get financed to purchase from individual. I like the I Class Skeeter.

We had no problem getting ours financed from an individual but we use our Credit Union. cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum