Texas Fishing Forum

10 Ft Pelican Boat taking on water..Help

Posted By: Ibock

10 Ft Pelican Boat taking on water..Help - 09/30/19 06:32 PM

I have a 10 ft pelican bass boat that has a leak somewhere. The pontoon part is taking on tons of water and has to be drained every time I take it out. I cant figure out where it coming from. Any suggestions?
Posted By: LargeMouthTripp

Re: 10 Ft Pelican Boat taking on water..Help - 09/30/19 06:37 PM

Have you tried spraying the entire thing with Flex Seal®?
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: 10 Ft Pelican Boat taking on water..Help - 09/30/19 06:58 PM

Two leading possibilities are a crack below the water line or it could be coming in where the two pieces of the whole are formed together. I have a Bass Hunter Boat that's made from one solid piece but most of them and possibly yours, are made from two pieces.

Leave it full of water put it somewhere where can be elevated and see if you can identify where the water leaks out from.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: 10 Ft Pelican Boat taking on water..Help - 09/30/19 07:00 PM

Also there is a form just for Bass Hunter, pond prowler type boats. I would definitely post this there. a lot of those guys are very experienced with these boats.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: 10 Ft Pelican Boat taking on water..Help - 09/30/19 09:28 PM

Have the same boat and have had a leak as well after 8 years finally.

Can't think of the name, but a buddy that works on airplanes gave me some kind of sealant they used to seal up fuel tanks on airplanes. EXPENSIVE as hell. That stuff is like concrete, and I haven't had a leak since. Seals it stupid well.

The only place you might have a leak if there are no obvious gashes on the bottom is your front plugs aren't sealing or the seam where the boat is stapled together is leaking.

I would fill the pontoons up with water at home and see if you see any leaks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum