Texas Fishing Forum

My Lewisville Report

Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

My Lewisville Report - 09/25/19 12:57 PM

Fished Monday from sunup till about noon. Had 8lmb 3spots and 10+sandies. All came on crankbaits banging off rocks.

The fish are moving back into the pockets/creeks. The mainlake spots I was catching them on all summer where void of fish. At least ones that were eating. I had most my luck in the first 1/3 to 2/3 of small creek channels and larger coves.

I fish from a yak so this is a small area and sample size but has anyone else noted them moving back already? This will be the hottest Sept. ever recorded and water temps were still in the mid to even upper 80s but the fish must see the changes in the amount of daylight and be getting ready for fall!

Anyone else having any luck on the Lew of late?
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: My Lewisville Report - 09/25/19 03:54 PM

We are going tomorrow, Thurs.. I will let you know if things are changing. Here's hoping they are on the move. Thanks for sharing your information.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: My Lewisville Report - 09/25/19 04:22 PM

We fished Lewisville a lot recently. The bait is moving and shallow. We had sand bass schooling around us in 3-4 feet of water. All you need to know. Main lake bite was not there at all.
Posted By: tricky

Re: My Lewisville Report - 09/25/19 06:09 PM

I believe there is a HS Tourny out there Sat. Could get a little crowded.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: My Lewisville Report - 09/26/19 10:40 PM

We fished for about 2 hours. Really went to play with the new Humminbird and TM.. Bass were on the Bridge Rip Rap at day break. Caught 2 on a spook and 4 on crank baits. This was our big fish at 5.4 lbs.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: My Lewisville Report - 09/26/19 11:10 PM

Nice catch.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: My Lewisville Report - 09/27/19 01:47 AM

Good to hear thanks for the report
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: My Lewisville Report - 09/27/19 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Donald Harper
We fished for about 2 hours. Really went to play with the new Humminbird and TM.. Bass were on the Bridge Rip Rap at day break. Caught 2 on a spook and 4 on crank baits. This was our big fish at 5.4 lbs.

[Linked Image]

Nice fish! Also nice report Dan90210!
Posted By: Ocelot

Re: My Lewisville Report - 09/27/19 12:43 PM

Sounds like a nice morning.
Thanks for the post and pic.
Great job.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: My Lewisville Report - 09/27/19 04:36 PM

Good stuff Don!

Yeah I think the fishing will be picking up in the next few weeks. Its been a looooonnnggg hot summer. But I can feel it breaking
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum