Texas Fishing Forum

Sunk boat at Fork

Posted By: slim 285

Sunk boat at Fork - 09/23/19 03:44 AM

Anybody hear the story of how it happened?
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/23/19 11:27 AM

Crickets
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/23/19 12:44 PM

Old news

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/23/19 12:57 PM

Video
Posted By: buda13

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/23/19 01:01 PM

Just another Sealy Tournament on Fork... violin
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/23/19 01:09 PM

Surprised that's the only one

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/23/19 01:13 PM

Was it a Skeeter?
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/23/19 01:52 PM

Story I heard is they got out of lane and hit a stump... happens every weekend.
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/23/19 05:13 PM

Is this the guy that won one of the $5000 drawings?
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/23/19 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jeezy

I just heard yes it was. Supposedly he was not present for the drawing but someone in the audience told Sealy he was the guy who sunk his boat. The got him on the phone and the crowd overwhelmingly wanted him to get the cash since he had the boat incident and Sealy obliged.

It is the first time they have awarded a prize to someone who was not present for the award.

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/23/19 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by 4Weight

I just heard yes it was. Supposedly he was not present for the drawing but someone in the audience told Sealy he was the guy who sunk his boat. The got him on the phone and the crowd overwhelmingly wanted him to get the cash since he had the boat incident and Sealy obliged.

It is the first time they have awarded a prize to someone who was not present for the award.

Yeah I was there at the drawing when all that happened, just wondering if it was the same dude. Thanks.

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/23/19 06:30 PM

Vid link above did not work for me. Here is another link.

Link
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/23/19 07:11 PM

I wonder what brand boat it was? hmmm

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/23/19 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Surprised that's the only one

Someone on the thread said there were 2. eeks

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/23/19 07:14 PM

If you watch the video of the "Random Drawing" for the boat the guy offered both of the last 2 guys $7500.00 each if they would "sell" him the boat.

They both took the money and ran. bolt

You can hear him tell Bob that he sunk his boat.

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/23/19 07:47 PM

My buddy that fished the event told me about that offer and the 2 guys took it. Interesting did not know it was one of the guys that just lost their boat.
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/23/19 08:07 PM

You would think the insurance company would total the boat out, but want the boat to salvage. Or at least that's how I would assume it would work. How it works with a car. If you sell the salvage vehicle, they give you a smaller check.
Posted By: northdallasfisherman

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/24/19 12:13 AM

Anyone know what made it sink
Posted By: Cameron

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/24/19 12:40 AM

I saw a boat sunk between Big Buck and Buzzard today...no holes in hull. Weird [Linked Image]
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/24/19 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66

If you watch the video of the "Random Drawing" for the boat the guy offered both of the last 2 guys $7500.00 each if they would "sell" him the boat.

They both took the money and ran. bolt

You can hear him tell Bob that he sunk his boat.

Is that how it always works for the boat draw? They pick 3 then offer them cash to get out of the draw?
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/24/19 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by northdallasfisherman
Anyone know what made it sink

my guess is water
Posted By: Les Ems

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/24/19 10:57 AM

Ya I quit fishing Sealy's tournamnets back in 2008.
He likes to make his own rules over the rules that are written.
Back when I quit fishing his tournaments at Rayburn, 1 day he lets a guy with no kill switch line, the one that attach to your vest, who said he had no idea what the switch was for on the boat.
He let him weigh his fish and it was a big-one. Think 2nd place one over all.
The next day a couple of guys come in to weigh a fish, a double digit one, and they get disqualified, because someone the night before put a empty beer can in their splash well and they never saw it before the tournament.
I just cannot fish a tournament that the director does not even follow his own rules for some.

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/24/19 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Les Ems

Ya I quit fishing Sealy's tournamnets back in 2008.
He likes to make his own rules over the rules that are written.
Back when I quit fishing his tournaments at Rayburn, 1 day he lets a guy with no kill switch line, the one that attach to your vest, who said he had no idea what the switch was for on the boat.
He let him weigh his fish and it was a big-one. Think 2nd place one over all.
The next day a couple of guys come in to weigh a fish, a double digit one, and they get disqualified, because someone the night before put a empty beer can in their splash well and they never saw it before the tournament.
I just cannot fish a tournament that the director does not even follow his own rules for some.

Yours isn't the only story like that. eeks
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/24/19 05:51 PM

So his name was drawn and he was not there? And still won the money?

That's a first and kinda BS if you ask me. The main rule for that is "You have to be present at the time" I know he hit a stump, but in my opinion.....that's his fault for not running the lanes.

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/24/19 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey

That's a first and kinda BS if you ask me. The main rule for that is "You have to be present at the time" I know he hit a stump, but in my opinion.....that's his fault for not running the lanes.

I was standing there watching this all unfold and was saying the same thing at the time. Opens up a whole can of worms. Sucks that he sunk his boat, but I could have had a flat or a wreck on the way to the ceremony, and they would have drawn my name, thrown it away and just moved on. Terrible luck is a big part of this sport.
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/24/19 07:15 PM

I was standing there watching this all unfold and was saying the same thing at the time. Opens up a whole can of worms. Sucks that he sunk his boat, but I could have had a flat or a wreck on the way to the ceremony, and they would have drawn my name, thrown it away and just moved on. Terrible luck is a big part of this sport.

Couldn’t agree with both of y’all any more. I’ve seen a guy running up to weigh in for the final hour of a day be turned away because he was late.

From what I was told by those around me, the guy that won the money was just the coangler, it wasn’t even his boat.
Posted By: GROD

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/24/19 07:25 PM

I was standing there thinking the exact same thing... not there is not there, and rules are rules. I watched a guy get turned away in the last hour of day 3 with a good under.. he was 3 seconds late!

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/24/19 08:19 PM

Do you really believe the guy who was on the lake being rescued at the time of the draw was actually drawn out of 2301 entries?

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/24/19 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by GROD
I was standing there thinking the exact same thing... not there is not there, and rules are rules. I watched a guy get turned away in the last hour of day 3 with a good under.. he was 3 seconds late!

Yep. I saw that guy too.
Posted By: GROD

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/24/19 10:49 PM

Jeff.... Good point....
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/25/19 02:18 AM

Jeff......that’s why there are ? Marks in my comment. I’ve read this in a few different places. Not just here.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/25/19 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Greg W
You would think the insurance company would total the boat out, but want the boat to salvage. Or at least that's how I would assume it would work. How it works with a car. If you sell the salvage vehicle, they give you a smaller check.

If they don't have insurance, they usually just leave it on the bottom. If they do have insurance, the insurance will tell you to call for a recovery of it and they will reimburse you. I sunk one years ago and that's what they had me do. I ended up getting a couple of tractor inner tubes tied to it then inflated them and floated it to the surface, towed to shore and then flipped it back over. Mine sunk from a drain plug that came out after several hours of fishing. Once the water came up thru the floor that was about it. It rolled and went under in just a few seconds.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/25/19 02:57 AM

Anyone know what part of the lake where it happened?
Posted By: ETxRT

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/25/19 03:23 AM

Yep, 5 years ago on Rayburn, some friends were late to the closing ceremony because they stopped and helped some guys who had hit a stump, ripped the back end out of the boat and was going down, so they stopped and helped the guys on the sinking boat. One of their names had been drawn for the cash but he lost out for not being present. He was kinda sick about losing the money but couldn’t have lived with himself for not stopping and helping!

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/25/19 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bass-N-Buck Master
Anyone know what part of the lake where it happened?

Someone said it was just out from Lake Fork Marina.
Posted By: Les Ems

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/25/19 10:52 AM

I have not looked over the rules for Sealy's tournaments for years now. But I believe your boat has to be insured, to fish any of his tournaments or you are disqualified. As I said before Sealy makes his own rules over what the written rules are. Not right.
Also there is a point about his name really being drawn.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/25/19 06:13 PM

I don't think Sealy's has any insurance rule that I remember but it's been several years since I entered one. Sealy does change things on the fly as he wishes just like the people measuring the fish will change how they measure them when they feel like it. It isn't the best run BB tournament it just gives out too much money for people to stop.

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/25/19 06:48 PM

The rules say you need insurance the normal 300k liability is my memory, that said nobody check for it etc.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/25/19 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
The rules say you need insurance the normal 300k liability is my memory, that said nobody check for it etc.

I just read the rules and did not see anything about insurance
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/25/19 08:11 PM

I doubt there's an insurance rule. That'd rule out about half the guys that enter on Rayburn haha. Most if them are fishing out of 1980 kingfishers

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/25/19 08:32 PM

I doubt there's an insurance rule. That'd rule out about half the guys that enter on Rayburn haha. Most if them are fishing out of 1980 kingfishers

I agree. I don't know why people post stuff as fact when they have no clue.
Posted By: june-bug

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/25/19 08:37 PM

There is no rule stating that you need insurance in Sealy's tournaments.

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/25/19 08:39 PM

Im pretty sure I read the 300k some place.. but maybe not. It doesnt matter in relation to a sunk boat anyways.
Posted By: Kodyjoe

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/25/19 08:53 PM

Fished sealys years ago Got called on stage for draw boat me and 2 guys left up here. Drew a name and told the guy he was history he told the wrong guy Got the names mixed up put his name back in My name was never drawn out and other guy that should have been gone won the boat. Talked to sealy after it was over he got smart then i got smart on his azz Never fished another one Even had some guides tell me when it was over that he screwed me outa the boat.
Posted By: TX Strampion

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/25/19 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee
I don't know why people post stuff as fact when they have no clue.

I have a theory. Lol

Re: Sunk boat at Fork - 09/25/19 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by TX Strampion
Originally Posted by Dubee
I don't know why people post stuff as fact when they have no clue.

I have a theory. Lol

Me too
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum