Texas Fishing Forum

Table Rock Trip

Posted By: Hook'em79

Table Rock Trip - 09/22/19 02:56 PM

So some friends of ours and us were talking and now it appears we have planned a trip last weekend in October.

Anyone been before and have any advice that late in the year?
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Table Rock Trip - 09/22/19 02:57 PM

No sir but I will be there 20-23 October and hired a guide for a 6 hour trip on the 22nd. I'll PM you details.

4W
Posted By: Stikslinger

Re: Table Rock Trip - 09/22/19 06:01 PM

I will be there Oct 19 thru 26. Grew up on that lake and my dad was a guide for about 20 years. Crank baits, spinners and jerk baits are alway great in the fall. Top water is awesome at times. Don’t forget swimbaits and small jigs with speed craw trailers. There are tons of fat spots and aggressive small mouth. Have fun
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: Table Rock Trip - 09/22/19 09:05 PM

Hey 4weight that would be awesome! Really appreciate it sir!

Thanks Stiks for the advice, will make sure to have all that tied on.

Thanks
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Table Rock Trip - 09/22/19 09:26 PM

We go to Big Cedar Lodge on Table Rock almost every year. It is a beautiful area, I will have to be honest with you. We have always caught fish on Table Rock but we have never killed them. I have had my best luck fishing a Ned rig.
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Table Rock Trip - 09/23/19 12:57 AM

Used to be my home lake many years ago. Try CR on secondary points for spots. The spots arent like down here. They get big. I have caught them over 4 pounds. If it clouds up with a front coming in, move shallow and throw big spinnerbaits or topwater.
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Table Rock Trip - 09/23/19 04:39 PM

Might try spooning the docks. War eagle makes a good one.
Posted By: happycampr

Re: Table Rock Trip - 09/25/19 03:14 PM

We went in early July, hopefully the fishing has improved because it was TOUGH! So much rain in spring and release of water from the dam that thermocline hadn't set up so fish were everywhere in the water column. Local guide Pete Wenners posts a weekly report on YouTube and does a great job summarizing what and where to fish... put dad and I on 'em last year! Good luck!
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Table Rock Trip - 09/25/19 08:26 PM

Consider going below the dam for trout if the bite is tough
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum