Texas Fishing Forum

Waxahachie

Posted By: basscaster46

Waxahachie - 09/20/19 07:27 PM

Ramps useable?
Posted By: csmithag95

Re: Waxahachie - 09/20/19 09:59 PM

Use the far wast ramp. Creeks are shallow, especially up the main creek. Don't get on pad up that way

Re: Waxahachie - 09/20/19 11:22 PM

Thanks looked low last time I was there just checking.
J D
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Waxahachie - 09/20/19 11:31 PM

Useable for now. Haha. We went there last night. Getting a little shallow.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Waxahachie - 09/21/19 02:15 AM

Is there more than 1 ramp?the one I used had like 4 parking spots

Re: Waxahachie - 09/21/19 02:27 AM

The south ramp is brand new. It has lots of parking and new concrete. Can easily hold 20 trailers and 30 or so cars across the street. The truck trailer parking is right next to the ramp. It’s actually pretty nice and reasonably safe.

I’ve never had an issue and I’ve done “stuff”, like working on a trailer, that had the Warden there in minutes. So, I know the local home owners watch it closely.
Posted By: JayInNRH

Re: Waxahachie - 09/21/19 04:25 AM

Two public have been there forever, the one by the dam, the one off Lakewood Dr. The Lakewood drive is real sketchy if it gets low at all.
Haven't used the new one, so can't say how good or bad it is.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Waxahachie - 09/21/19 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
The south ramp is brand new. It has lots of parking and new concrete. Can easily hold 20 trailers and 30 or so cars across the street. The truck trailer parking is right next to the ramp. It’s actually pretty nice and reasonably safe.

I’ve never had an issue and I’ve done “stuff”, like working on a trailer, that had the Warden there in minutes. So, I know the local home owners watch it closely.
Where is this south ramp you speak of ? The only ramp on the south side of the lake I’m aware of is the tiny upper end obscure little ramp on Lakewood Dr. On the north shore by the dam is the city park ramps. What am I missing? New ramps?
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Waxahachie - 09/21/19 07:45 PM

Maybe try Bardwell, I went the other day and caught a bunch of fish, water was way cleaner than I expected and I got the feeling it gets little to zero bass fishing pressure. Big one was 4/12 lbs, for this time of year I'll take it.

Re: Waxahachie - 09/21/19 08:16 PM

There are three ramps on Waxahachie. One by the dam I never use the new redone ramp at west end is the best IMO. Never had any problems there new concrete is nice.

Re: Waxahachie - 09/21/19 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by basscaster46
There are three ramps on Waxahachie. One by the dam I never use the new redone ramp at west end is the best IMO. Never had any problems there new concrete is nice.

There is 5 useable ramps. 23 ramps total. One of the 5 ramps with parking is for residents only....the fifth one is public use and is hidden way up on the upper end and is ok to use. The 18 private ramps are a “pattern”. Lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum