Texas Fishing Forum

Info on Richland Chambers

Posted By: CubbyObrien

Info on Richland Chambers - 09/18/19 10:00 PM

Hey,

I am looking at holding a tournament at Richland Chambers in June 2020 and would appreciate input on the lake. We will most likely not have more than 25-30 boats and would need places to stay. i found twp marinas that have cabins and such that look good but wanted the TFF opinions on the lake. I have personally never been there and the lake is being looked t due to its location and size. What say yall???
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Info on Richland Chambers - 09/18/19 10:04 PM

Oak Ridge is going to be your best option as host marina. Has a hotel, store, boat ramp, large parking lot, camping area, etc. Folks that run it are nice and it's pretty centrally located on the lake.
Be aware - if it gets windy, Chambers gets real western, real fast.
Posted By: CubbyObrien

Re: Info on Richland Chambers - 09/18/19 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Txduckhunter
Oak Ridge is going to be your best option as host marina. Has a hotel, store, boat ramp, large parking lot, camping area, etc. Folks that run it are nice and it's pretty centrally located on the lake.

ok ill give them a shout! i figured it might get bad in the wind being the 3rd biggest lake in Texas. how is the bass fishing? ive found mixed reports? no one in the group is a local pro but they all love the competition.....
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Info on Richland Chambers - 09/19/19 12:15 AM

Oak Ridge is on Fork. Oak Cove is on Chambers
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: Info on Richland Chambers - 09/19/19 01:47 AM

Oak cove, the lake gets rough in the wind but is definitely fishable depending on direction. And IMO it’s a great bass fishing lake.
Posted By: structure man(Guide on RC)

Re: Info on Richland Chambers - 09/19/19 11:09 AM

They are all correct, the lake gets real windy and lots of open areas, so be careful. There are also lots of stumps in areas of the lake and no boat lanes.. Oak cove is the best for everything. The Jordan's can't be beat and tournament friendly.

Re: Info on Richland Chambers - 09/19/19 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee

Duh..... Thanks Dubee, had a senior moment.

Cubby, it's very much a love/hate lake. There are some great sacks caught out of it but you gotta work most of the time to get them.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Info on Richland Chambers - 09/19/19 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee

Duh..... Thanks Dubee, had a senior moment.

Cubby, it's very much a love/hate lake. There are some great sacks caught out of it but you gotta work most of the time to get them.

No problem, i have more and more senior moments all the time
Posted By: guntz67

Re: Info on Richland Chambers - 09/22/19 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by CubbyObrien

ok ill give them a shout! i figured it might get bad in the wind being the 3rd biggest lake in Texas. how is the bass fishing? ive found mixed reports? no one in the group is a local pro but they all love the competition.....

The TBM had our last tournament in July on RC and it little over 29 LBS to win and Big Bass was 9.47LBS I believe
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Info on Richland Chambers - 09/22/19 10:55 PM

Go look at Media past results for Richland Chambers. It’s a good lake that gets very little fan fare .
Posted By: KBM

Re: Info on Richland Chambers - 09/30/19 08:59 PM

Is there parts of the lake that are stumpy or pretty much all over like Palestine?

Re: Info on Richland Chambers - 09/30/19 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Kyle McAfee
Is there parts of the lake that are stumpy or pretty much all over like Palestine?

Simple answer is "yes".
There is timber in both arms and no boat lanes. Best bet is to get on Google earth and do some looking.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Info on Richland Chambers - 09/30/19 11:38 PM

Stumps are not everywhere, BUT!!!!! They are there when you think they shouldn’t be! Like Mid lake, middle of the lake, 80FOW....BOOM! We got one on the prop yesterday on the way to weigh in. Gonna be a few bucks to fix that one.

If In doubt, idle. Seriously. Until you really learn the lake. It can be scary in a 20+ south wind and trying to run the lake. The stumps like to disappear in the white caps.
Posted By: structure man(Guide on RC)

Re: Info on Richland Chambers - 10/01/19 12:47 AM

The stumps are everywhere and when it's at this level you have to really be careful and know where to run. You will still hit some on occasion.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum