Texas Fishing Forum

Buying info...

Posted By: i-Fish

Buying info... - 09/16/19 12:13 AM

Makes you cool. Whether it be Big Bass Splash, Club championship, popular local trail or whatever. Find your own fish. Terrible sportsmanship in my opinion. You wanna buy info..go for it but stay out of tournaments.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 12:22 AM

popcorn
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 12:23 AM

must have missed it
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 12:32 AM

Me too.
Posted By: fordnut

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 12:37 AM

noidea
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 12:48 AM

Where do you stand on selling info?

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 12:51 AM

Didn’t miss anything. Somebody is pushing their product before a big tourney is set to begin soon and it just struck a chord with me. Nothing against the proprietor but everything against the buyer.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 12:52 AM

Oh this is gonna get good! must be those chips lol popcorn

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by outfishdya
Where do you stand on selling info?

Name your price
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king

Lol
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 01:14 AM

I know of a dam and some bridges that hold big bass. 1st hunnert bucks gets the 411....
Posted By: KnotEnuff

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 01:15 AM

There's more than one seller of waypoints here on TFF. Mostly community holes.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 01:21 AM

I see nothing wrong with it. It may help some, it may not. Elites did it for years
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
popcorn

No kidding. Blow up over nothing.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 01:41 AM

If anybody has any for Texoma a friend is looking for info .
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 01:45 AM

What about those hiring guides the day (or days) before? popcorn
Posted By: buda13

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 11:39 AM

Hope you never purchased a Martins Map or Hotspot map... exact same thing just before it could be plugged into a graph. Sounds more like the op has an axe to grind with a specific person.

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 11:46 AM

Wonder if Navionics or Lakemaster chips should not be bought either. Mine has lots of spots marked.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 11:50 AM

Someone sounds butt hurt
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 12:34 PM

I'd give you a dollar for more details on this confusing post. confused
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king

Not me. Have not mentioned any advantages for tournament fisherman in my Advertisements; other than it is a great short cut for those that do not have time to search.
Posted By: TX Strampion

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 02:14 PM

Probably referring to the FL app. I wouldn't be any part of it, but I don't care what other people do. Fishing isn't as simple as a waypoint and lure recommendation. Not for me anyway.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 02:17 PM

I'll sell some info. Dang wish I could do that.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 02:28 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Steve PIII

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 06:17 PM

I think the OP is referring to something more specific about location and pattern than Martin's Map or map chips could provide. I'm thinking guide trips right before the tournament.

I don't really see the problem. They still have to catch the fish. I would rather reason out my fish than be taken to a spot. What if the fish aren't there, then what does the guide customer do?
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 06:43 PM

Some people get their draws twisted over such simple things.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 06:54 PM

Must have gotten beat by someone. hmmm
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 07:13 PM

I know exactly what the OP is referring to! I watched it on YouTube yesterday it’s referring to the Fish Life app by LFG before the Sealy tournament. All I will say is that they are making a living doing what we all love to do and they have to make money and market their business in order to generate revenue. Me personally I wouldn’t use the app even if it was offered for free! I have never been very successful with trying to get on someone’s pattern. I prefer to find my own patterns to fish
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 07:28 PM

How much are you willing to pay??

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ripinlip
I know exactly what the OP is referring to! I watched it on YouTube yesterday it’s referring to the Fish Life app by LFG before the Sealy tournament. All I will say is that they are making a living doing what we all love to do and they have to make money and market their business in order to generate revenue. Me personally I wouldn’t use the app even if it was offered for free! I have never been very successful with trying to get on someone’s pattern. I prefer to find my own patterns to fish

If that was the case he should have been more specific and mentioned the app instead of generalizing. A few immediately thought he was talking about the chips Mr. Harper was advertising.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 07:35 PM

NO app or chip can save you in a tournament anyways. The fish change and set up different almost every day. Like said above.....you still have to catch them.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 07:41 PM

The Sealy isn't even majority tournament fishermen, why would you think that many people are going to find their own spots on a lake they fish maybe once a year? And if you think those people should just stay away then, what do you think the payouts would end up being by lowering the numbers that much.

And if you have found your own spots, then why worry about someone else selling their spots?
Posted By: skeeter61

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 08:05 PM

I have been fishing tournaments for 55 years and defintely I am old school. I cannot see how anyone can be proud about winning a tournament when someone else had to show him where and how to fish.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 08:25 PM

When there's that many people on a lake it not only changes the fish but it changes where guys fish. A lot get caught in places that you normally wouldn't fish.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 08:37 PM

How many kids do you think will be on that app putting in fake spots just to throw people off? Sounds like a joke to me as an app.

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 08:50 PM

Now that I know this about that stupid app I have to LOL! roflmao If the info doesnt do the purchaser any good then the folks providing the info can do the ole "well thats fishing" excuse or the ole "here's the pics from when we caught em there just a couple of days ago!" roflmao The perfect money maker, doesnt even have to produce!

This is a Sealy big bass tournament, totally different animal... this is one of the few tournaments its ok to hire a guide for 2-3 days the week of the tournament for your "prefishing", its ok to pull right on top of people you just saw catch a fish and make a cast, and dont worry about it being pitch black outside run the boat lane by GPS at 70 mph before the sun comes up to make sure your the first one to your starting spot so you can sit there for 2 hours waiting to start fishing.

The great Arnold Palmer once said... "Swing your swing, Not some idea of a swing, not a swing you saw on TV, or swing you wish you had. No, swing your swing." Solid advise from the King... Fish your fish and dont worry about what everyone else is doing.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 09:50 PM

A couple of years ago when you started on the forum didnt you ask people for information on a few lakes before one of your tournaments as well as which colors to use? No one cared when you were seeking info why do you care?
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 10:00 PM

Well,a couple of years ago he needed help. But now he's a tournament pro so it's wrong.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 10:13 PM

No different then purchasing a guide, that is basically what people are doing is purchasing for a good day on the water, spots, baits and better knowledge for 101 fishing just without making the trip.

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Milam
A couple of years ago when you started on the forum didnt you ask people for information on a few lakes before one of your tournaments as well as which colors to use? No one cared when you were seeking info why do you care?

Did I ask for general information about a new lake? Yes. Did I ever seek specific information or spots right before a tournament? No. More importantly, did my OP make any qualm with someone asking about a lake? No.

My opinion is that I find it unsportsmanlike to buy specific info for a tourney. Are the fish guaranteed to be there? Of course not. Did you give yourself a potential edge with money instead of your own TOW? Yes. Do steroids guarantee you’ll hit the baseball? No but a lot of people decided that it was an unfair advantage. Heck, many popular local trails have off limit periods. Why? To level the playing field. Should the ethical standard vanish simply because a particular tourney may not have an off limits period? I don’t think so. Not sure why this needs to be explained.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by i-Fish
Makes you cool. Whether it be Big Bass Splash, Club championship, popular local trail or whatever. Find your own fish. Terrible sportsmanship in my opinion. You wanna buy info..go for it but stay out of tournaments.

Where did this come from?

I can sell you a bunch of spots not to fish. Save you a lot of time. LOL
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Buying info... - 09/16/19 11:30 PM

Some of us don't worry or care what other competitors due. As long as it's not against the rules i don't worry about it

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 12:29 AM

The infamous first post... Asking for specific information on of all places, Lake Fork!

https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11652387/lake-fork-bass-tips#Post11652387

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by David Burton
The infamous first post... Asking for specific information on of all places, Lake Fork!

https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11652387/lake-fork-bass-tips#Post11652387

Where the heck is Berch creek ?
Posted By: Brutaldudeski

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 12:36 AM

I think the bigger problem is people are buying bass boats. They are also competitively fishing against each other in these bass boats. Their are also entire markets of products constantly selling competitive advantages to catch fish that can be purchased by the wealthiest individuals. We should instate mandatory bass boat buy backs and end this epidemic.

Anyway, it kinda boils down to, what do you want to be irrationally irritated about today? Make peace laugh
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee
Some of us don't worry or care what other competitors due. As long as it's not against the rules i don't worry about it

This attitude is shared,by all the top finishers. The last thing they think abput is what other competitors are doing, something the OP fails to understand.
Seems lime it wasn't too terribly long ago that he was asking if a Barbie pole or a Snoopy pole was better....(sarcasm)

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 01:03 AM

You should try carefully reading exactly what I’ve said before you run around yelling, “got ya!”

Heck of an effort though.

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 01:16 AM

I did read it, it was a few days before the Skeeter Owner's Tournament. You asked about an area you were 'told' was good for bass fishing, and some specific spots... Maybe you did rent a pontoon, maybe not.
Heck, I have asked for help, and I freely admit it. I have sought information and researched. But I am not angry about others that do the same.
Posted By: dillydilly24

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 01:19 AM

Lol, got em

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 01:23 AM

I did read it, it was a few days before the Skeeter Owner's Tournament. You asked about an area you were 'told' was good for bass fishing, and some specific spots... Maybe you did rent a pontoon, maybe not.
Heck, I have asked for help, and I freely admit it. I have sought information and researched. But I am not angry about others that do the same.

You’re all about that research so look for me in that Skeeter tournament. Go show everybody how well you got me.
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 01:28 AM

You should try carefully reading exactly what I’ve said before you run around yelling, “got ya!”

"Secondly, where are some prime spots that you guys may know of?" hmmm By "prime spots" you were just looking for vague info like "the western arm of Fork would be a good place to start for your upcoming tourney," right?

And by the way, I don't totally disagree with your original post--not sure I'd post about it, but I get annoyed at people buying info. I buy into "find your own fish," but...got to admit when you got got.

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 01:32 AM

Buddy, I never said I’m against anybody asking for whatever they want to ask for whether it be general information or specific spots for their own leisure fishing. Ask away. I was very specific about attempts at what I consider to procure an unfair advantage for a tournament. How is that so difficult to understand?
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 03:50 AM

Buddy, I never said I’m against anybody asking for whatever they want to ask for whether it be general information or specific spots for their own leisure fishing. Ask away. I was very specific about attempts at what I consider to procure an unfair advantage for a tournament. How is that so difficult to understand?

So it’s ok to ask where to fish at but it’s not ok to pay for that information. Got it...

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 04:30 AM

A decent angler can look at a lake map and find places where fish could likely be depending on the season, water temps, water level and water color.
I mean someone who has never been on a particular lake. It's not that hard really to find "likely" spots.

If anyone is interested I will consider selling my "spots" grin

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 04:35 AM

"Gents and Ladies,

Taking my pops out to Lake Fork for a Father's Day bass extravaganza along with the family. Can't use a bass boat so we are taking a pontoon boat. I'm not thrilled about a pontoon but hey, we'll be fishing so It will be fun. Anyway, we're staying in a cabin off of Berch Creek about 3/4 of the way up that finger. I've never been to Fork and I my bass fishing experience has been limited to shoreline fishing. My first question is Berch Creek, which I'm told is a great area for great bass, big enough for a pontoon boat? Secondly, where are some prime spots that you guys may know of?I hope you guys go some good stuff for me! Thanks!

-Rob"

That's pretty much asking for spots of others, your words directly quoted from your post

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 07:33 AM

I don’t fish tournaments but if I did it would be for one reason only, to win money. Then, why would I not use every means available under the rules to give me every chance of being successful? You pay for the best gear you can afford and the best electronics to give you every edge. Even the pros have solicited info when it was legal, rented helicopters to scope out the lake or used guides. Maybe your request on Fork was just for casual fishing but I bet if someone had given you some prime spots and you later fished a tournament there, you wouldn’t say to yourself I can’t use those spots because I didn’t find them on my own.

I have a hard time sympathizing with its ok for someone to sell the info but not ok for someone to buy them Maybe you should fish tournaments that don’t allow sharing of info but then it might be unfair if someone has more free time to explore the lake then you do.

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger

So it’s ok to ask where to fish at but it’s not ok to pay for that information. Got it...

roflmao cheers

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
A decent angler can look at a lake map and find places where fish could likely be depending on the season, water temps, water level and water color.
I mean someone who has never been on a particular lake. It's not that hard really to find "likely" spots.

How much for a chip showing your brush piles on Ray Hubbard ? Heck I could make that money back in one tournament. thumb
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 11:05 AM

Stay off my fish Doug.
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 01:01 PM

"Gents and Ladies,

Taking my pops out to Lake Fork for a Father's Day bass extravaganza along with the family. Can't use a bass boat so we are taking a pontoon boat. I'm not thrilled about a pontoon but hey, we'll be fishing so It will be fun. Anyway, we're staying in a cabin off of Berch Creek about 3/4 of the way up that finger. I've never been to Fork and I my bass fishing experience has been limited to shoreline fishing. My first question is Berch Creek, which I'm told is a great area for great bass, big enough for a pontoon boat? Secondly, where are some prime spots that you guys may know of?I hope you guys go some good stuff for me! Thanks!

-Rob"

That's pretty much asking for spots of others, your words directly quoted from your post

de

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 01:28 PM

[align:left][/align]
Originally Posted by buda13

roflmao cheers

Lol. Comprehensive reading is hard for some of you.
Posted By: furim2

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by skeeter61
I have been fishing tournaments for 55 years and defintely I am old school. I cannot see how anyone can be proud about winning a tournament when someone else had to show him where and how to fish.

You must have been hard pressed finding tournaments back in 1964. Don't tell me in 55 years you never received info from someone. I did; and I'm proud of every win I got.
I'm old school too. If us old timers want to fish against these young guns, we better have a computer load of information. These kids are better than we ever were.

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by GIG'EM AGGIES

How much for a chip showing your brush piles on Ray Hubbard ? Heck I could make that money back in one tournament. thumb

it's negotiable

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 08:10 PM

it's negotiable

I'll start the bidding at $50.

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 08:33 PM

it's negotiable

I'll start the bidding at $50.

maybe a good putting lesson thumb

Re: Buying info... - 09/17/19 09:48 PM

Let's see, brush pile chip for a putting lesson ? Hell yeah, I can make $$$ and have fun at the same time with those brush piles. Deal. Met one of your members, Tommy Yates last Saturday. Nice guy.
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Buying info... - 09/18/19 04:09 PM

Selling info that doesn’t produce for whatever reason, & a catchall excuse for when it don’t work & is useless has been done for years. I see it every evening on weatherman reports. LOL roflmao
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Buying info... - 09/18/19 11:26 PM

+1 BUSTED
Posted By: XChris1632X

Re: Buying info... - 09/19/19 01:54 AM

I still haven't found the related video the OP was referring to. Anyone have a link so I can be up to speed?

Re: Buying info... - 09/19/19 05:26 AM

Sounds like it was a guide who posts videos on youtube and has an app. You aren't really missing anything.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum