Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma bite?

Posted By: Barn

Texoma bite? - 09/13/19 06:28 PM

How's the bite on Texoma? I haven't been on it in a couple of years. Big HS tourney on Roberts tomorrow so I thought I would check Texoma out. I'll probably put in at Highpoint. Any tips?

fish

Posted By: Bassattak

Re: Texoma bite? - 09/13/19 06:41 PM

I might be wrong, but I wouldn't expect much of a response. Lots of Championships upcoming on Texoma. I'm guessing lots of tight lips on this one.

Re: Texoma bite? - 09/13/19 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bassattak
I might be wrong, but I wouldn't expect much of a response. Lots of Championships upcoming on Texoma. I'm guessing lots of tight lips on this one.

Probably so, I didn't even think about that. I was mainly wondering if anyone was catching anything or should I expect a tough day. I am traveling for business the for the next 6 weeks so this is about it for awhile. At least the weather may cool down a little by then.
Posted By: Bassattak

Re: Texoma bite? - 09/13/19 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Barn
Originally Posted by Bassattak

Probably so, I didn't even think about that. I was mainly wondering if anyone was catching anything or should I expect a tough day. I am traveling for business the for the next 6 weeks so this is about it for awhile. At least the weather may cool down a little by then.

I will also be heading up there in the morning. I'm expecting it might be tough. Still better than work!! Good luck and enjoy the day. Sounds like you have lots of the work think upcoming
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Texoma bite? - 09/13/19 07:53 PM

Fished 9 brushpiles last sunday, not a bite. flipped boat slips, nothing. did a lot of looking around and saw some highschool kids catching a few.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Texoma bite? - 09/13/19 09:09 PM

What ramp is the HS tournament going out of? Lake was crowded last Saturday, now I know why...

Have not fished Texoma since earlier this spring, it was slow but caught some big smallies. Steep rock bluffs and points are always best for us up there.

Re: Texoma bite? - 09/13/19 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
What ramp is the HS tournament going out of? Lake was crowded last Saturday, now I know why...

Weigh in is at the Marina. I think they can trailer to any ramp after check in.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Texoma bite? - 09/13/19 09:47 PM

I am still going to fish Roberts I guess. I will get back in there a ways and try to avoid the tourney guys. Thanks for the heads up and hope you catch a bunch at Texoma.
Posted By: Michael.Beaty

Re: Texoma bite? - 09/13/19 09:49 PM

It’s tough to say the least
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum