Texas Fishing Forum

Greg Ostertag Shares A Very Tall Fish Story....and Sam Rayburn Report

Posted By: KenTx1962

Greg Ostertag Shares A Very Tall Fish Story....and Sam Rayburn Report - 09/12/19 02:33 PM

Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Greg Ostertag Shares A Very Tall Fish Story....and Sam Rayburn Report - 09/12/19 03:35 PM

I use these in my sealed tackle boxes. Seem to work pretty well keeping rust out

[Linked Image]
Posted By: KenTx1962

Re: Greg Ostertag Shares A Very Tall Fish Story....and Sam Rayburn Report - 09/12/19 09:46 PM

Jarrett I had a really interesting hour long phone call today about exactly this topic, video to follow, interesting stuff
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Greg Ostertag Shares A Very Tall Fish Story....and Sam Rayburn Report - 09/13/19 12:21 PM

Greg grew up in Duncanville Ken. Nice vid on the weights/lengths.
Posted By: Freeagent

Re: Greg Ostertag Shares A Very Tall Fish Story....and Sam Rayburn Report - 09/13/19 02:02 PM

I live on and fish Lake Naconiche on a regular basis. This Summer I watched Ostertag fish on Naconiche and have seen his truck back out there on at least one other occasion. Watching a 7'2' guy using a 7'6" rod set a hook is quite a site. I magine the space he is cutting down while setting the hook and taking two steps back in the front of the boat. Would love to show him around the lake if he is back in the area at any time.
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: Greg Ostertag Shares A Very Tall Fish Story....and Sam Rayburn Report - 09/13/19 03:25 PM

Glad to see him enjoying life after basketball on East Texas Lakes. Back in the day, when the Jazz and Rockets seemed to bump into each other annually during the playoffs, he was a match up nightmare for the Rockets because he was one of the few 7 footers in the league who could step out and make 3's at a very high percentage.
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Greg Ostertag Shares A Very Tall Fish Story....and Sam Rayburn Report - 09/13/19 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by KenTx1962
Jarrett I had a really interesting hour long phone call today about exactly this topic, video to follow, interesting stuff

Ken, I use this as well in my boxes, I just put 3-4 in various locations
Posted By: texasfisherman1

Re: Greg Ostertag Shares A Very Tall Fish Story....and Sam Rayburn Report - 09/13/19 04:04 PM

I realized weighing jigs this week, they obviously advertise the weight of the jig head only. The skirt/collar adds about 1/4 oz. With a trailer, you can almost get a "1/2oz" to weigh 1oz.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Greg Ostertag Shares A Very Tall Fish Story....and Sam Rayburn Report - 09/13/19 04:11 PM

Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk! cheers
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Greg Ostertag Shares A Very Tall Fish Story....and Sam Rayburn Report - 09/13/19 04:28 PM

Ken - Thanks for mentioning the Fish for a Cure tournament.
Great video and info as always.
Posted By: Skeeterbrain

Re: Greg Ostertag Shares A Very Tall Fish Story....and Sam Rayburn Report - 09/13/19 07:43 PM

"I use these in my sealed tackle boxes. Seem to work pretty well keeping rust out"

Same here, I have been using these packets for years to keep rust off the hooks on my baits.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum