Texas Fishing Forum

Toledo Bend

Posted By: crankbait 1

Toledo Bend - 09/05/19 12:04 PM

I'm planning a trip to TB In the next couple of weeks and was concerned with running boat lanes due to I have seen a report that TB is 6 ft low due to work on the Dam not sure if this is correct. I plan to be putting in at Fin & Feather and would like to go towards dam and maybe North also. Is there any anyone that has been there recently that knows of hazards I need to take note of while running the boat lanes? with water down that low I would think you can only go so far into the back of coves/creeks. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Toledo Bend - 09/05/19 12:36 PM

6 ft should make it easier to run. Easier to see boat lanes.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Toledo Bend - 09/05/19 03:55 PM

Well the lanes are much more predictable at full pool. At this level there are some areas getting sketchy in the shallower flats areas. Just take your time cause the tx marked lanes can be inconsistent in areas. You should be good going out of fin and feather taking the south shoreline to the main lake boat lane then head towards the dam. Heading north the only place I can remember that gets weird due to the markers being off was between Palo gaucho and Carrice. That may be fixed idk. If you plan on running to mid lake or anything above the bridge I suggest going over to the red and greens and take that lane. It's the main highway north and south and the most consistent widest path thru the lake
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Toledo Bend - 09/07/19 12:19 AM

It’s 165.34 it’s 6.66 feet below pool. If unsure go slow you may get there anyway and go holy [censored] I’m just idling.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Toledo Bend - 09/07/19 12:44 AM

6.66 is not a good number...….
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Toledo Bend - 09/07/19 10:30 PM

Lake is 6.71 ft low as of this afternoon...just follow boat lanes and stay between tree lines...
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Toledo Bend - 09/08/19 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Grandpa74
Lake is 6.71 ft low as of this afternoon...just follow boat lanes and stay between tree lines...

I like that
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum