Texas Fishing Forum

Navionics annual card update - worth $99?

Posted By: duffer

Navionics annual card update - worth $99? - 08/31/19 12:45 PM

My fishing is primarily limited to one lake and my Navionics card update period is about to end. What are your thoughts on paying $99 for another year of updates?
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Navionics annual card update - worth $99? - 08/31/19 07:32 PM

Has it been worth it so far? Thats the main question. Or how would it go fishing without it?
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Navionics annual card update - worth $99? - 08/31/19 08:09 PM

You don't loose any data on the map card if you don't keep the Freshest Data Subscription active.

You can check the Chart Viewer on the Navionics website occasionally and if you see any changes that you want to add later, just renew the subscription then to update it. The Chart Viewer is updated daily with current data.

Re: Navionics annual card update - worth $99? - 08/31/19 09:49 PM

Thanks guys. As I think about the need, I don’t think it would change anything if I just used the card without the latest updates. Appreciate your input.
Posted By: herbsteiner

Re: Navionics annual card update - worth $99? - 09/01/19 03:03 PM

I bought a 2018 Navionics SD card with micro chip on eBay this year for something like $70. The lakes I fish don't change much... I just wanted a more detailed view than the charting provided on the Lowrance. I don't see a need to upgrade at all based on how I use the program.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Navionics annual card update - worth $99? - 09/01/19 03:18 PM

I update mine about every 2-3 years, not annually.

Re: Navionics annual card update - worth $99? - 09/01/19 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by bronco71
I update mine about every 2-3 years, not annually.

Great idea!
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Navionics annual card update - worth $99? - 09/02/19 12:57 AM

Look at the navionics Webb app at the lakes you fish and compare it to your current map card and then you can decide if and when to purchase the update

https://webapp.navionics.com/#boating@4&key=ydmlGj_lpQ
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Navionics annual card update - worth $99? - 09/02/19 11:42 PM

I keep mine active so I can use sonarcharts live. Their contours on offshore stuff is not very accurate, I spend a lot of time graphing and making my own
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum