Texas Fishing Forum

Gibbons Creek - 8/30/2019

Posted By: de_legaspi

Gibbons Creek - 8/30/2019 - 08/30/19 08:39 PM

Went out for about 5 hours this morning at Gibbons Creek, and noticed the water was about 2-3' low from the last time I came. Pretty interesting to see all the cover and structure one normally doesn't get quite as good a look at when the reservoir is at full pool. I added a few extra waypoints on the Humminbird so I can remember the unique spots for the next time I come back and the lake has a bit more water. Fishing was a bit tough, as I had to make multiple runs across the lake to various spots to pick up bites; only one spot gave up two fish. Finished the day with 5 bass, missed one, so I can't complain. Water ranged from 80-85 degF, and fish were scattered between windblown portions of the lake and on calm areas. I think the last fish I picked up was on a pretty calm stretch on the north end between some trees, and that seemed to have the better size around 2lbs. (I didn't exactly crush 'em today). Caught them on small squarebills, Baby Brush Hogs, Wooley Bugs, and a swim jig; if I were to give a guess on a pattern, I would say the Baby Brush Hog in watermelon red color. Day got cut short as my trolling motor cable busted. It was the original Minn Kota cable for the Edge trolling motor; game me a good four years. I'll have to try one of those TH Marine cables now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDhGnAR-_PU&feature=youtu.be
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Gibbons Creek - 8/30/2019 - 08/31/19 01:56 AM

Solid post and neat video. Thanks for sharing. cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum