Texas Fishing Forum

LAKE BACARRAC

Posted By: Ty Burns

LAKE BACARRAC - 08/27/19 12:29 PM

I'm headed to Bacarrac The first week in November. I have never been there so I would like to get some tips from those of you that have been there.
It doesn't have to be fishing tips, any tips would be appreciated, what equipment to take, type and number of baits, number of rods, etc.

Thanks
Posted By: bluebonnet2

Re: LAKE BACARRAC - 08/29/19 02:19 PM

good morning,

I don't know which outfitter you're going with, however, most have decent rods to use. I would take 4 good bait casters, 20# trilene big game, spiderwire 50# braid,c-rig hardware, Owner ewg hooks , 5/0,6/0,7/0..Owner flashy swimmer belly spin hooks.Mag flukes, 8"(white and silver/white)wat/red,, big spinnerbaits, kitech impact FAT swim baits,6", light colors, pearl, shad, etc , big cranks with some chartreuse on them,8" lizards, wat/red, black/blue, at least 8-10" worms, I have no experience with jigs on that lake, spike it...garlic, early AM, yellow majic in shad, couple of big buzz baits..3/4 oz. traps, chrome..if you decide to carry rods, 7 ft med/heavy worked for me, additional charges on the airline for the rod box...

your outfitter should keep you informed with in two weeks of departure as to whats hot...most of the guides are great and know where the bass are located...

wind breaker, its cool in the AM, sun screen, CAMERA, good sunglasses....etc

my PB is 12.5#, 0n a kiteck swimbait, shad, Owner flashy swimmer hook, 30# spiderwire,,, 12' rock pile......just saying, that day we caught about 50 fish over 4#, including 2 10's and the 12.5....

enjoy the Pacifico…..

good luck,
PURA VIDA,
bluebonnet2
Posted By: CHUNK-N-WINDING

Re: LAKE BACARRAC - 08/29/19 04:13 PM

Never been in November but think big whatever you throw. I took in June XD 8 & 10s, big jigs, 12” ole monster worms and big senkos fished weightless. 1oz spinnerbaits worked also. If you stay at the lodge they have baits there for you to purchase.
Posted By: Ty Burns

Re: LAKE BACARRAC - 08/29/19 06:49 PM

Thank you very much for the response. We are staying at Lake Bacarrac Lodge. It's good to know we can buy stuff there.
Posted By: Sigav8r

Re: LAKE BACARRAC - 09/16/19 01:52 AM

I’m going there in october with a group the third weekend. All of the above is correct in terms of BIG baits. There no need for finesse or anything small. The last time I was there, every session (morning and afternoon) one boat caught 100 fish between 2 guys fishing and one boy always had a 10+. They were hitting deep diving crank Baits and swim baits mainly. A little bit of topwater in the AM but that was it. I was told to basically bring the same gear this time in october FWIW.
Posted By: ibfishin2

Re: LAKE BACARRAC - 09/16/19 06:55 PM

My partner and I are scheduled for Bacarrac flying into Mazatlan on 11/5 and departing on the 10th. Have done a lot of research and inquiring on best baits. I would suggest: 1. large Keitech swimbaits (5"+) rigged on belly weight hooks fished deep and slow 2. Magnum flukes fished weightless and also texas rigged for deep water 3. 10" worms (I like 10" plum Xcite floating worms on 1/2 oz. shakey head 4. Deep diving cranks ( I take berkley Dredgers in 20' and 25' depth) 5. Big River2Sea Glide baits 6. 3/4 oz. swing head jigs with large Kinky Beaver trailer (have had excellent results with this rig at El Salto) Cast out, let sink, and use medium retrieve where you are ticking the bottom.

Also would take some top water for a.m. Yellow magic, whopper phloppers and spooks. You can also find numerous videos on Bacarrac on you tube!

Bacarrac: home of the DD's!!!!!!!!

Good luck! JD
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum