Texas Fishing Forum

When do bass spawn in the dfw area

Posted By: CB-52

When do bass spawn in the dfw area - 08/24/19 03:09 PM

On a normal Texas year when do the bass spawn? last year threw me in a slump with all the rain I’m looking to try to catch some good bed fish this year(yes I know it’s quite early) but unfortunately I live near joe pool now and just want to try to actually catch a nice fish out of there so any help would be appreciated
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: When do bass spawn in the dfw area - 08/24/19 03:15 PM

CB-52
They mostly spawn in the spring from Jan into May.

You can catch a Bass year round. There is no magic bullet. If i wanted to catch a bass and didn't have a lot of experience.
I would tie a worm on and throw it in every piece of structure i could find on the water edge.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: When do bass spawn in the dfw area - 08/24/19 06:15 PM

From jan-june
Posted By: GROD

Re: When do bass spawn in the dfw area - 08/25/19 01:48 PM

When I’m not able to go fishing! Early February-late May... mainly early March and April though.
Posted By: Fish2222

Re: When do bass spawn in the dfw area - 08/25/19 02:43 PM

I've seen bass actively working beds from late December through May.
Can't be 100% sure they were actually "spawning" but they were at least going through the motions.
Like mentioned above, tie on a big worm and drag it around every piece of wood/vegetation you can find.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: When do bass spawn in the dfw area - 08/26/19 01:24 AM

In the spring.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: When do bass spawn in the dfw area - 08/26/19 04:08 AM

April
Posted By: Burbarry

Re: When do bass spawn in the dfw area - 08/26/19 05:47 PM

This year seems like they were spawning well into May with all the rain we had.
Posted By: KingOutdoorsCo

Re: When do bass spawn in the dfw area - 08/26/19 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee
From jan-june

Sounds vague but it's true. Look at weather trends and the moon.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: When do bass spawn in the dfw area - 08/26/19 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Brant King.
Originally Posted by Dubee
From jan-june

Sounds vague but it's true. Look at weather trends and the moon.

Yep, i've caught bed fish on fork and EM in june
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: When do bass spawn in the dfw area - 08/26/19 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by CB-52
On a normal Texas year when do the bass spawn? last year threw me in a slump with all the rain I’m looking to try to catch some good bed fish this year(yes I know it’s quite early) but unfortunately I live near joe pool now and just want to try to actually catch a nice fish out of there so any help would be appreciated

Do you have a boat? I say that, because Joe Pool routinely pumps out 8-10 pound bass. Daily, you have a chance at a DD with honest expectations of catching 6-8 pounders. You don’t HAVE TO SIGHT FISH to catch big ones.

I ask about the boat, because your fishing access for a big one is limited if you’re bank fishing, but still not unhear of to catch some really big fish throwing a c rig or shaky head around the bridges. If you have a boat, fish 15 ft to the thermocline and fish a c rig, jig, drop, shaky head, deep crank, etc. you’ll catch some.

Living close to Joe Pool does have its drawbacks, but the lake itself sure isn’t one of em.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum