[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: imarangerman

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/21/19 08:21 PM

Nice !!
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/21/19 09:27 PM

maybe a little older than 17. I don't think Val's restaurant was still open 17 years ago.
Posted By: GROD

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/21/19 10:07 PM

Very nice... now why those areas circled... haha
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/22/19 01:27 PM

THEY COULD BE OLDER, I CAME TO LAKE FORK IN 87 OR 88 AND I THINK I HAD THE TYPO MAP AND BROUGHT THE OTHER ONE WHEN WE WERE THERE..

Originally Posted by Bruce Allen
maybe a little older than 17. I don't think Val's restaurant was still open 17 years ago.
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/22/19 01:32 PM

Which marina had the 17lb bass in their store, that's where we stayed. I not real sure what year that was.
Posted By: Cameron

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/22/19 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by harvey walker
Which marina had the 17lb bass in their store, that's where we stayed. I not real sure what year that was.

Lake Fork Marina, was Larry Barnes fish "Valentine" 17.29 caught 2-14-88. Some of my first memories as a child was looking at that fish in the tank. smile
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/22/19 05:03 PM

Man if I could just have 1 more cheeseburger and fresh cut fries from Rainswood again!!!!!!
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/22/19 05:44 PM

The first time I ever launched at Fork I had to use a road bed, no ramps had been built.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/22/19 11:06 PM

I KNOW I HAD THESE FOR OVER 17 YEARS, HOPE YOU ENJOY THEM
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I have the same maps. Not very accurate compared to today's technolgy.
Posted By: TX Strampion

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/23/19 02:07 AM

I still refer to Lake Fork Resort as Lunker Lodge.
Posted By: hogbus

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/23/19 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron

Lake Fork Marina, was Larry Barnes fish "Valentine" 17.29 caught 2-14-88. Some of my first memories as a child was looking at that fish in the tank. smile

I was working with Larry at SW bell when he caught that fish. I did not understand what a big deal it was. He turned me on to bass fishing. I think I bought his last Charger before he retired, started guiding and running a Champion. Fast forward 30 plus years. I’m retired. Live in Austin. Have a place at Fork. Still don’t know how to catch a big fish. Is he still around?
Posted By: Speedcraw

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/23/19 01:14 PM

Here's what started it all.

Attached picture 20190822_172152.jpg
Posted By: jcrash

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/23/19 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
Man if I could just have 1 more cheeseburger and fresh cut fries from Rainswood again!!!!!!

+1

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/23/19 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by jcrash

+1

+2
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/23/19 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

The first time I ever launched at Fork I had to use a road bed, no ramps had been built.

Same here.
I pretty much lived at Val’s Landing through the 90’s.
Man was I lucky to be there during that time .
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/23/19 07:19 PM

I still miss looking at old Polaroids on the walls of fish. I had a few at Rainswood that I never got back of me. Wish I could find those. Way before the I-phone days! lol.

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/23/19 08:11 PM

I remember all those pictures on the wall. Love those cheeseburgers. Great days.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/23/19 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Speedcraw

+1

+2

And / or some of EB’s BBQ over by Pope’s ! food
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/24/19 01:13 AM

+1

+2

+3
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/25/19 02:22 AM

What was the place with the big worm bar? Seems like it was on the west side of the lake. I remember a ton of pictures in there. It was where I first bought some jawtec terminator worms in red bloodline and caught a 13+ the same weekend night fishing. That was 1993. We stayed at fisherman's cove I think, mark Stevenson guided out of there. Lake was so good we'd come in from fishing and I could go down to the dock and catch 4-5lbers in the middle of the day on blue Mann's jelly worms haha

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/25/19 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
What was the place with the big worm bar? Seems like it was on the west side of the lake. I remember a ton of pictures in there. It was where I first bought some jawtec terminator worms in red bloodline and caught a 13+ the same weekend night fishing. That was 1993. We stayed at fisherman's cove I think, mark Stevenson guided out of there. Lake was so good we'd come in from fishing and I could go down to the dock and catch 4-5lbers in the middle of the day on blue Mann's jelly worms haha

Sounds like Rainswood.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/25/19 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman

+1

+2

+3

Or the Hardware Store on 154.
Posted By: herbsteiner

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/26/19 12:43 AM

Here's what started it all.

The first night I met my future father-in-law, in 1990, he was wearing a polo shirt with "Ethel" and a bass embroidered on the left shoulder. I soon got one as they were being sold by TPWD. I later drove up to Lake of the Ozarks, where my in-laws had a lake house, stopped at BassPro in Springfield MO, and saw the real Ethel swimming in the tank there. She'd gotten bigger since Mark Stevenson had caught her. Humongous fish!
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: SOME OLD LAKE FORK MAPS - 08/26/19 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Scoundrel

+1

+2

And / or some of EB’s BBQ over by Pope’s ! food

When he opened that door on the smoker ....what a sight to see.
It was worth fishing all night and morning long just for that lunch.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum