Texas Fishing Forum

ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics

Posted By: One fish Bill

ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/17/19 07:14 PM

My fishing partner and I are looking to book a trip with a guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics so we can see it in action before making a decision on laying out the cash for one. We are open as to the lake but we do want to catch fish.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/17/19 10:33 PM

Check out the crappie section. Theres a few over there that use them
Posted By: goodman1389

Re: ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/17/19 10:43 PM

Talk to Dave at Shut up and Fish. He does instructional trips and has panoptix.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/17/19 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by goodman1389
Talk to Dave at Shut up and Fish. He does instructional trips and has panoptix.

+1.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/18/19 12:53 PM

James Cauldemeyer at Fork runs Garmin. I'm sure he has Livescope.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/18/19 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by ring fry
James Cauldemeyer at Fork runs Garmin. I'm sure he has Livescope.

SE Kansas grass grower

yes he uses livescope
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/18/19 03:59 PM

Cameron at lake fork uses it in crappie guiding. I went to see it in action and was amazed. I don't see the practicality of it in bass fishing because they roam so much. I really saw the potential in crappie fishing when they are holding on structure. If the bass would sit still long enough, it would be a GAME CHANGER.... hate that word. LOL!
Posted By: One fish Bill

Re: ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/18/19 08:38 PM

Thanks for the reply's. Skeeter Ronnie that is interesting we will keep that in mind maybe the DEAL BREAKER.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/18/19 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by One fish Bill
Thanks for the reply's. Skeeter Ronnie that is interesting we will keep that in mind maybe the DEAL BREAKER.

I use my live and find BASS tight to structure all the time.

example they are feeding in the am, bite stops, I find them tight to cover and they eat the first second or third time I bounce my shakey head ribbon tail worm in their face

Re: ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/18/19 09:32 PM

Jeff, you are on here constantly... when do you find the time to fish? roflmao I would love to see it in action on bass. I am amazed at how functional it is in relation to structure! you can literally see the fish move to eat a crappie jig. you can basically pick out the larger fish and target them. Maybe I need to go again and try to just target bass.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/18/19 09:45 PM

I have done pretty good over the years using my instincts and a 2D sonar.

Hit up Cameron Burnett @ Lake Fork Marina, he's a crappie guide now but he's caught as many and as big or bigger bass at Lake Fork than most on this forum. I am sure he would take you out to see how it does for bass as well as crappie...
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/18/19 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
Jeff, you are on here constantly... when do you find the time to fish? roflmao I would love to see it in action on bass. I am amazed at how functional it is in relation to structure! you can literally see the fish move to eat a crappie jig. you can basically pick out the larger fish and target them. Maybe I need to go again and try to just target bass.

My boat is getting a NEW power head at the moment, been down 3 weeks... I fished 5 days straight before that.

I am 47 and retired or retarded or whatever you wanna call it when you live off your invested money and dont need a job. I fish 3-4 day trips usually and have been fishing less this year since I cant have carpal tunnel tennis elbow surgery every November.

Last year I caught 650, this year Im at 580 so far so dunno maybe Im just fishing better cus I am for sure fishing less days this year.

2.5 months on lake Falcon was too long earlier this eyar, I got very burned out...

Re: ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/18/19 11:14 PM

I hate you! roflmao no really, that's very respectable that you made great decisions in life to get to this point! I did not. Imma dummy. I'll retire when I die. Go catch some for me!
Posted By: Patrnflyr

Re: ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/18/19 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by One fish Bill
My fishing partner and I are looking to book a trip with a guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics so we can see it in action before making a decision on laying out the cash for one. We are open as to the lake but we do want to catch fish.

James Davis. One of the best crappie guides around. He fishes Lake Granbury and Lake Benbrook mostly and uses Panoptics Live scope routinely. He’s mainly crappie but you would be able to see how it’s used and take home a ton of filets. He also teaches on the Livescope. He’s on Facebook routinely but if you can’t find me, I’ll PM you his number if needed
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/18/19 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie

My boat is getting a NEW power head at the moment, been down 3 weeks... I fished 5 days straight before that.

I am 47 and retired or retarded or whatever you wanna call it when you live off your invested money and dont need a job. I fish 3-4 day trips usually and have been fishing less this year since I cant have carpal tunnel tennis elbow surgery every November.

Last year I caught 650, this year Im at 580 so far so dunno maybe Im just fishing better cus I am for sure fishing less days this year.

2.5 months on lake Falcon was too long earlier this eyar, I got very burned out...

I've fished so much from 35-50, I got burned out before I retired. I actually took my boat out 2 weeks ago and rode around for 30 min because I felt bad for her just sitting in the boat shed...
Posted By: 1bas

Re: ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/25/19 04:27 AM

Brian Branum @ Sam Rayburn, I believe uses Panoptics.
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/25/19 04:47 PM

Livescope for me has been awesome for schooling fish such as stripers, white bass, crappie and redfish. I’ve not found it useful for lmb (yet). I’m trying to find new ways to find and catch fish, but lmb has been elusive for me.
Tim
Posted By: Cameron

Re: ISO Guide who uses Garmin Pan Optics - 08/25/19 05:46 PM

If you come to the Fork area, just hop in with me for an hour or two...I'm out here everyday and can give you a run down for no charge.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum